NFL: 2022 Season

Bills tried to lose, Vikings found a way to lose? I assume the Bengals can handle the Ravens since L Jackson isn’t playing.

Bills tried to lose, Vikings found a way to lose? I assume the Bengals can handle the Ravens since L Jackson isn’t playing.

I am not sure. They should, but Ravens have a very good defense and the weakest part of the Bengals seems to be their offensive line. If they get to Burrow who knows. The Bengals defense has to force the Ravens offense to make errors, or get them off quickly to wear down the defense. The Ravens do have a history of winning road playoff games and winning with defense, so I am not taking them for granted without Lamar.

My Vikings home team lost. Frankly I was surprised they made it to the playoffs. They played as I would expect a team to play that was never blowing out any other teams and barely winning games. Was a fun season to watch for sure. Wish they would have went further, they had some great talent, but the better team won today.

I think I might not turn on any more games until the fourth quarter starts. Lol
You can’t write off any team in these playoffs.

Bengals pull it out, due to their defense forcing Ravens into a bad turnover as they were trying to score and an incredible 98 yard runback. Plus the Ravens time management after 2 minute warning was questionable, in my view.

I think I might not turn on any more games until the fourth quarter starts. Lol
You can’t write off any team in these playoffs.

I like to watch throughout the game. It shows how easily the tide can turn along the way... at this point the teams, especially the underdogs, have nothing to lose, so there are a lot more chances taken throughout the game that make a difference in the end.

...The Bengals defense has to force the Ravens offense to make errors ...

Bengals pull it out, due to their defense forcing Ravens into a bad turnover as they were trying to score and an incredible 98 yard runback. Plus the Ravens time management after 2 minute warning was questionable, in my view.
You nailed it. That play turned the tide and Harbaughs time management was pathetic. Hate the guy and glad to see him and Pete Carroll done for the year.

Worried about the Bucs game tomorrow night, but with TB12 in the postseason anything can happen, so my fingers will be crossed.

What a wild play. I wonder how many TDs Hubbard has scored, or at least 99 yard runs! Stupid mistake by Huntley, too bad as he played decent overall.

Last edited:
Wow, what a Buff-Miami game.

Good game, Dophins really surprised me with how competitive they were.

This morning I am getting my Cowboys crying towel out and ready. They always compile decent season records and then die when playoffs start. The boys are in a bad situation to change things for the better due to what they have paid Dak and Zeke, and the cost to get away from them could be high, especially Dak. Then you have old worn out players like Tyron Smith still hanging around, yet he has missed so many games over the past 3-4 years. Of course everyone will blame the coach, but the problem remains the stupid deals Jerry Jones does. Maybe they should pick up Baker Mayfield and let Dak be the water boy.

^^^ Yes, a guy who failed at Cleveland and Carolina will fix the Cowboys. Mayfield is another in a long line of QBs with skills that don’t translate to winning, especially post season. :cool:

All very close 1 score games except the Seahawks / 49ers. Very entertaining weekend for football fans.

Of course everyone will blame the coach, but the problem remains the stupid deals Jerry Jones does. Maybe they should pick up Baker Mayfield and let Dak be the water boy.
Waterboy? You have high expectations of Dak. Based on his recent performance, maybe he should try something a bit easier.

OTOH, maybe Dak has just been saving himself for the game tonight. :)

Last edited:
^^^ Yes, a guy who failed at Cleveland and Carolina will fix the Cowboys. Mayfield is another in a long line of QBs with skills that don’t translate to winning, especially post season. :cool:

His problem is personal skills, not physical/ability limitations.

...but he played at Utah

What a wild play. I wonder how many TDs Hubbard has scored, or at least 99 yard runs! Stupid mistake by Huntley, too bad as he played decent overall.

While I doubt he had much practice time playing with the "first string", Huntley did have some early problems (interception) initially, then the coaches remembered that he could run (yeah, he did that a lot at Utah... not unlike Kapernik when he was at Nevada) which definitely caused some defensive mismatches for Cincy.
What I was surprised about was that he was having issues with ball handling; some definitely caused him not to be able to spin out of trouble (as he was clearly not fully holding the ball, which is unusual despite the colder weather... but he did play at Utah so should have been used to those conditions) and then there was the strange couple of wierd snaps (center's fault?) where Huntley actually eventually made a surprising play (and where Cincy's defense clearly messed up in coverage)

with their offensive line problems, don't see Cincy repeating...or even making it past the next game (whereas, in the regular game that was halted, I saw Cincy would have prevailed against Buffalo)

Once the playoffs start, what happened during the regular season is past history. Just ask the Vikings. Plus, the Bills almost lost to Miami's 3rd string QB.

Dallas seems to have the game in control, but after the previous games this week, those 4 missed extra points might come back to haunt them. We'll see.

TB12 is looking like a 50 year old quarterback tonight. [emoji3525]. Perhaps we'll have a new er.org forum member after tonight.

The only player having a worse night is the Cowboys kicker.[emoji848]. 50 of 53 and then 0 for 5? Wow!

Last edited:
Dallas seems to have the game in control, but after the previous games this week, those 4 missed extra points might come back to haunt them. We'll see.
Unbelievable! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

EDIT: Dallas finally got an extra point... Only took five tries!

Last edited:
TB12 is looking like a 50 year old quarterback tonight. [emoji3525]. Perhaps we'll have a new er.org forum member after tonight.

I hope he retires but pretty sure if he plays next year it won't be with the Bucs. In any case he'll be working a little longer even if not playing, he signed a $375M ten-year contract with Fox to be their lead analyst when he's done playing. Seems like a crazy commitment from Fox, time will tell how well that works out.

Congrats Cowboy fans! I’m not, but I’m very happy Brady lost. Not sure what that says about me as a person lol.

What a different Cowboys team tonight (Dak included). :dance:

Yeah, Dallas shone tonight, while beating a team that won their division with a sub-.500 record. That was the first time I watched Tampa Bay this year, and wow that was ugly. The old Brady came out for a couple of drives, but every other drive was mayhem. TB couldn't block either pass rushes or for runs. They definitely played like an 8-9 team.

In the 27 years since their last Super Bowl win (wow, that's incredible just to think about) the Cowboys have missed the playoffs 15 of those years. Counting last night, they have won five wild card games. They have lost five wild card games and six divisional playoff games. 5 wins 11 losses in the playoffs since 1995. I haven't seen any reason to think that will change next Sunday, but hey, who knows?

Dak surprised me and played well, but he managed to transfer his typical yips to Maher. Defense was lights out.

Yeah, Dallas shone tonight, while beating a team that won their division with a sub-.500 record. That was the first time I watched Tampa Bay this year, and wow that was ugly. The old Brady came out for a couple of drives, but every other drive was mayhem. TB couldn't block either pass rushes or for runs. They definitely played like an 8-9 team.

In the 27 years since their last Super Bowl win (wow, that's incredible just to think about) the Cowboys have missed the playoffs 15 of those years. Counting last night, they have won five wild card games. They have lost five wild card games and six divisional playoff games. 5 wins 11 losses in the playoffs since 1995. I haven't seen any reason to think that will change next Sunday, but hey, who knows?
Yes, there is that thing where media places plenty of attention on long-ago success.

And I agree that Tampa Bay was a dumpster fire.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom