NFL 2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cowboys vs Giants on Sunday night football. A picture is worth a thousand words. :dance:

il_794xN.2382850124_k7vs.jpg

^ Nobody did squat compared to the Cowboys.

^ Nobody did squat compared to the Cowboys.
I "almost" felt embarrassed for the Gaints. Everything went against them. It wasn't just a bad series of downs or a bad quarter, it was the entire game. Even heard some of their fans booing them, which was deserved. Dallas OTOH seemed to do everything right. Awesome offense, awesome defense. Took advantage of the turnovers. If they play like this for the season, they will be going to the SB.

Clear to me that Dallas didn't want to "rub their nose in it. They back off the 4th quarter and even took Dak out late in the game. There is no telling how many more points they may have scored if they kept playing at full speed.

Last edited:
I "almost" felt embarrassed for the Gaints. Everything went against them. It wasn't just a bad series of downs or a bad quarter, it was the entire game. Even heard some of their fans booing them, which was deserved. Dallas OTOH seemed to do everything right. Awesome offense, awesome defense. Took advantage of the turnovers. If they play like this for the season, they will be going to the SB.

Clear to me that Dallas didn't want to "rub their nose in it. They back off the 4th quarter and even took Dak out late in the game. There is no telling how many more points they may have scored if they kept playing at full speed.

Even worse is the fans got soaked from the rain and $s they paid for tickets. I was honestly expecting the Giants to give them a tough game.

I just want to welcome the NYGiants fans to the thread.

As a Giants, fan, all I can say is :(:eek::eek::eek: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::eek::eek::eek: :bow::bow::bow:

To add insult to injury... before the game I was up by 20 points in one of my fantasy leagues. My opponent and each had one player left. I figured the game was clinched, as I have a receiver in tonight's game (Diggs) and he has... the Cowboys defense. Sure, at worst they may score 10-15 points, but that is okay, right. Wrong - they scored 37 points. Oh, the agony...

I "dare to say" none of the players on the Cowboys or Giants got much sleep after the game last night, but for totally different reasons. I read one sportswriter's "excuse" for the Giants poor showing was because it was raining so much. Well, it was raining on the Cowboys too! :crazy:

Okay, enough of that, on to tonight's game between the Jet's and Bill's.

I'm going with the Jet's... Why? Well, just because they have Aaron Rodgers now.

Last edited:
Okay, enough of that, on to tonight's game between the Jet's and Bill's.

I'm going with the Jet's... Why? Well, just because they have Aaron Rodgers now.

I'll be going with the Bills for the same reason.

For the Packers to get a first round pick, Rodgers has to play 65% of the plays this season. But that pick becomes more valuable if the Jets lose a lot of those games. No offense, Aaron.

I don't think the Jets, even with Aaron Rodgers, can hold a candle to the Bills. OTOH, there have been a lot of surprises this weekend.

Let's give some credit to the hapless Giants.

Paying a mediocre QB $40M a year doesn't turn him into a better one.
True.

The Cowboys looked very fast on D, that's for sure. And that pass rush. Of course we blew out Minnesota similarly a couple of years ago and then seemed to fizzle.

It is only one game.

49ers dominated the Steelers on the road.

They did, in spite of their right tackle allowing 3 sacks by TJ Watt. The big lead they built in the first half allowed them to run the ball and avoid those pass protection gaffes. They’ll need to shore that up to have a real chance this year. Their defense looked great, though.

I know Kenny Pickett has gotten a lot of love over the off-season, but he was flat-out terrible yesterday.

They did, in spite of their right tackle allowing 3 sacks by TJ Watt. The big lead they built in the first half allowed them to run the ball and avoid those pass protection gaffes. They’ll need to shore that up to have a real chance this year. Their defense looked great, though.

I know Kenny Pickett has gotten a lot of love over the off-season, but he was flat-out terrible yesterday.

49ers are now ranked 1 on power rankings.

I don't think the Jets, even with Aaron Rodgers, can hold a candle to the Bills. OTOH, there have been a lot of surprises this weekend.

Another surprise - Rodgers injured after a few plays, questionable to return.

The way he was hobbling off the field, he probably just forgot to take his arthritis meds.

Last edited:
Another surprise - Rodgers injured after a few plays, questionable to return.

Nothing confirmed but they are speculating an achilles injury. If it's that and he needs surgery his season is over. Crazy to think.

Season? At age 39, probably the end of his career.
+1

If it's Achilles tendon surgery at 39 years old, he's done....

If so, I wonder how much he makes on his contract with the Jets? Could be the greatest $ paid per play in history.

Last edited:
^^^^
+1 Achilles tendon surgery, 39 years old, he's done....

If so, I wonder how much he makes on his contract with the Jets? Could be the greatest $ paid per play in history.

I believe he has $75M fully guaranteed.

Jets still owe GB a second round pick in addition to the picks already given, next year, which if the Jets season is a miss, could be worth something. Rodgers goes off GBs books next year too.

^^^^
+1 Achilles tendon surgery, 39 years old, he's done....

Reports said $75 million of it guaranteed.

The Jets are the team featured on this years "Hard Knocks" show. This was not a hard knock they were expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom