• I just watch the commercials or halftime event

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • other

Votes: 14 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
True... but also ancient history... what have they done lately?

Since the Yankees incredible three-peat in 1998-2000, the BoSox have won 4 World Series (2004, 2007, 2013 and 2018) and the poor Yankees only one (2009).
I am not a Yankee fan but their records speak for themselves.

Other than the QB position the Rams have more talent than the PATS with Suh and Donald being pretty disruptive.

The key for them to win is to get to Brady with 4 rushers and drop 7 in coverage. If the PATS offensive line protects Brady as they did in the first two games (0 sacks) the Rams will not win the game.

Last edited:
I really hope that the Patriots O-line eats up Suh and spits him out... classless thug that should have been booted from the NFL many years ago.

I really hope that the Patriots O-line eats up Suh and spits him out... classless thug that should have been booted from the NFL many years ago.
Saw Aaron Hernandez play when he was a Gator. Classless thug is how to describe such a talented player that is no longer around.

I can't disagree with you there though there is a nuance of a difference... Hernandez was a classless thug off off the football field... Suh is a classless thug on the football field.

I can't disagree with you there though there is a nuance of a difference... Hernandez was a classless thug off off the football field... Suh is a classless thug on the football field.
+1 and I knew someone who worked out with Aaron in the Florida gator weight room.He was a workout freak and his only friend was Tim Tebow. Talk about night and day.

Saw Aaron Hernandez play when he was a Gator. Classless thug is how to describe such a talented player that is no longer around.

Wasn't uncommon for him to show up at the high school in town as his brother was a coach. Plenty of stories floating around of the classes thug behavior from him, brother, and friends.

The Rams defense is lots better then the Chiefs and Wade Phillips is a defensive coach that has beat the Patriots .Peters and Talib as cornerbacks are much better then anyone the Chiefs had .. The Chiefs never blitzed ...do you think Wade will have Suh and Donald Blitz ?

Not even sure I'll watch. Patriots again. . . Will the damn AFC get some team, any team that can ensure we get to watch a SuperBowl without them in it??

I only voted for the Pats because I'm sure the NFL will demand that they win. The Refs have already been bought off. If Donald or Suh even BREATH on Brady a roughing the passer penalty will be called.

Of course, and in polite rebuttal.

I agree Belicheck is one of the greatest coaches in history. Focused, determined, football smart and maybe the best game plan and halftime adjustment coaches in my lifetime. Study the opponent and neutralize their strengths and match our offense for the week to exploit their weaknesses. If the first half doesn’t go well, the Pats will play a different game in the second half like few other teams.

But Brady’s longevity is his own. His fierce determination, competitiveness, and dedication to the game are his own. The chip on his shoulder about being drafted late is his own. But most of all IMHO, Brady (and Belicheck) has worked with dozens and dozens of relative unknown running backs and receivers over the years, and seemed to find a way to make it work. He’s had very few superstar marquee offensive weapons, and the few that he’s had have been traded after a few seasons (presumably when they got too expensive). And Brady has to start over again with new running backs and receivers, yet they’ve gone to more conference championships and SB’s than almost any other team. I won’t argue whether he’s the GOAT or not (if Montana had played as many years...), but I do believe he’s greater than Rodgers and Manning - as exceptional as they are/were.

Brady was a giddy about finding a way to beat the Chiefs last Sunday as a rookie QB. If you watch him on the sidelines when the Pats are behind, he’s just as fired up today as he was 18 years ago if not more. He enjoys every TD and every win as much as ever. DW and I love it when other fans and media critics say Tom’s washed up, or the Pats aren’t as good anymore or after a bad loss - it just makes Tom that much more determined.

Well said and I agree 100%. GO PATS!!

I voted "Other", because like nearly everybody else in Louisiana, I do not plan to watch this [-]charade[/-] [-]game[/-] [-]non-Superbowl[/-] event. If the Saints were playing, we'd give the Patriots a run for their money but that isn't happening.

Yes, the Saints were robbed. Very frustrating. We were hoping for a Brees/Brady match-up.

The Rams defense is lots better then the Chiefs and Wade Phillips is a defensive coach that has beat the Patriots .Peters and Talib as cornerbacks are much better then anyone the Chiefs had .. The Chiefs never blitzed ...do you think Wade will have Suh and Donald Blitz ?

Brady is 6-3 against Phillips with 2 of the losses coming when Wade was a defensive coordinator with Denver in the year when they won the SB.

BTW Suh and Donald's job is to rush the QB. Usually teams blitz with their linebackers, safeties and cornerbacks.

Since this went from the Super Bowl to the Bogus Bowl, I don't care to even watch.

Since this went from the Super Bowl to the Bogus Bowl, I don't care to even watch.

But, there are still two very good teams playing; two excellent coaches; and hopefully a great match-up between the old and the new.

And if that isn't enough incentive don't you want to see the ref's blatantly incorrect call that decides the game?

I'm watching. If I remember, I'll let you know how it turns out.:)

I guess it all worked-out and justice was served. Cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman was fined $26,739 by the NFL for his helmet-to-helmet hit on that non-call play.

I guess it all worked-out and justice was served. Cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman was fined $26,739 by the NFL for his helmet-to-helmet hit on that non-call play.

But at his salary level, isn't $26K like a $500 whacking to him? (I don't know his pay level)

But at his salary level, isn't $26K like a $500 whacking to him? (I don't know his pay level)
Nickel made $2 million in salary in 2018. 26K fine is a long weekend with his homeboys.

marko, I'm just kidding around here.

Nickel made $2 million in salary in 2018. 26K fine is a long weekend with his homeboys.

And, he earned every penny of that $2M on that one play.

Not exactly if you consider "This season, every member of the winning team will pocket $112,000, whether that player steps on the field or not. The losers will each receive $56,000."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom