Poll: Ok, it is a slow day...over or under?

Over or Under or Who cares!

• Over

Votes: 93 76.9%
  • Under

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Who cares!

Votes: 16 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 16
When I was growing up in the main bathroom there was a countertop directly across from the toilet. Dad put a little sticker on the top of the cabinet face just under the countertop. Since the countertop overlapped the cabinet by an inch or so, the sticker was not visible when one was standing up... but only when sitting down. The sticker said "The job is not finished until the paperwork is done!" :LOL:

This is our house, 100% of the time. Lazy people. And the cat will drag it out and shred it to ribbons at least once a week, but we never learn.

Attachments

• roll-on-top-dilemma-1024x868.jpg
    roll-on-top-dilemma-1024x868.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 10
We have that occasionally when the kids are here but I never thought to add an upright option to the poll.

One of my minor pet peeves is that DW will put on a new roll, under of course so I have to fix it, and then leave the cardboard core on the bathroom sink counter so I have to put it in the recycling :facepalm: .... my... sometimes that girl is such a slob. :D

Last edited:
Last edited:
When my Maltese were young they would unroll it and drag it all over the house and shred it into tiny pieces. Maltese actually have a paper addiction and will do that to anything paper. Now they are all old and lazy:))

We go over but guests sometimes switch it to under. And worse we use such thin TP that two different groups of houseguests have brought their own. So apparently the old poops are pissed off at us. But which raises another question, Should the square number be divided by the ply number and then multiplied by the bum area for maximum efficiency?

I used single ply because my sewer line was Orangeburg tarpaper and subject to plugging up. I've since had most of the line replaced but not from the sidewalk to the main line in the middle of the street as that would cost several thousand dollars. Now I can't find single ply so am forced to buy double ply.

I used single ply because my sewer line was Orangeburg tarpaper and subject to plugging up. I've since had most of the line replaced but not from the sidewalk to the main line in the middle of the street as that would cost several thousand dollars. Now I can't find single ply so am forced to buy double ply.

Interesting - I'd never heard of Orangeburg pipe until now. That's probably a good thing from what I read.

Sewer History: Articles

Over. Easier to tear off at the desired point.

UNDER
Yes, uniformity exists in MY house because it is me, myself, and I making decisions :)

Ten or fifteen years ago Oprah (formerly of Baltimore) did an entire program on the subject. Can't remember the expert opinions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_paper_orientation

In November 1986, Landers told the Canadian Commercial Travellers Association that "Fine-quality toilet paper has designs that are right side up" in the over position.[66] In 1996, she explained the issue on The Oprah Winfrey Show, where 68 percent of the studio audience favored over; Oprah suggested that under uses more paper.[67] In 1998, she wrote that the issue "seems destined to go on forever", insisting, "In spite of the fact that an overwhelming number of people prefer the roll hung so that the paper comes over the top, I still prefer to have the paper hanging close to the wall."[61] On the day of her last column in 2002, Landers wrote, "P.S. The toilet paper hangs over the top."[68] Her published commentary on the issue has even continued after her death. 2005 saw the premiere of a one-woman play written by David Rambo: a character study of Ann Landers titled The Lady with All the Answers. Toilet paper comes up once again, and the actress surveys the audience for their opinions.[69]

Interesting - I'd never heard of Orangeburg pipe until now. That's probably a good thing from what I read.

Sewer History: Articles

I used to live about three miles from that plant, which was in Orangeburg, Rockland county NY. It was truly filthy a and smelly. THe closest smell I recall was near a Tenesse town with a paper plant, near the TVA lake. IIRC it took nearly ten years to clean the demolished Orangeburg plant, as a superfund site.

Then a restaurant was built on portion of the land.

Last edited:
Last week I was in a big old hotel, Quilchena, on Nicola Lake, and the TP was vertical, inside. The toilet area was too narrow and the opposite wall too far away so it was mounted on the end of the toilet separator wall.

For those on Facebook, hotel facade

When my Maltese were young they would unroll it and drag it all over the house and shred it into tiny pieces. Maltese actually have a paper addiction and will do that to anything paper. Now they are all old and lazy:))

We've had two and they both are paper hounds. If I leave my pants on the floor he'll turn the pockets inside out looking for tissue, paper towels any paper to eat, little critter ate a $20 one time.

Sorry, but by "fat rolls" I mean all the double and triple rolls that are designed to confuse buyers about what they are getting. They don't fit on the rollers built into the walls that came with the house. You can put the roll on a window sill or the back of the toilet (and hope it does not fall in) until the roll is small enough to fit on the holder. Not a great solution, but at least there is no argument about "over" or "under."

Back in the old days when they sent out the fat Sears Roebuck catalog we didn't need rolls of toilet paper. Some of the pictures were pretty racy to 10 year old boys.

Back in the old days when they sent out the fat Sears Roebuck catalog we didn't need rolls of toilet paper. Some of the pictures were pretty racy to 10 year old boys.

My DF, born in 1917, never cared about over or under back then. His tales were of the catalog and the color of the corn cobs.:confused:

One of the great joys of staying at home in my own house, where I am the only resident, is that everything is the way I like it. That includes the TP over/under status. :)

Neither. Several of my cats, who are not kittens are TP bandits. TP is kept in the top cabinet drawer next to the toilet. Sometimes I forget to tell a guest before they go in so I have to yell through the door "TP is in the top drawer!".

Back
Top Bottom