Poll: When every day is a Saturday...

Nuiloa

Recycles dryer sheets
Do you still get excited when weekends come along?

:dance:

Yes, because

1. We go to town on Saturday and do stuff
2. Sunday is my "no responsibility day"
3. A lifetime of thought-habit is hard to break

A big difference that I'm not bummed out on Sunday evening.

I try to stay at home on weekends, and recently on Fridays, too. Too crowded and hectic.

Yes, the traffic is so heavy on the weekends, and the stores are jammed. Some stores are closed and a couple of our favorite family restaurants are closed all weekend.

On Saturdays, oddly I usually sleep later than on weekdays just as I did while working. On Sundays I look forward to NOT getting the Sunday afternoon back-to-work-tomorrow blues.

All in all, I look forward to weekdays a little more than weekends now that I am retired. But all of it is good.... :D

If I were retired I think I'd stay home on the weekends and go out and do stuff, run errands and so on, during "bankers hours" while the masses are toiling.

Is this really a poll?

It's gotten hard to keep track of the day-of-week. When it matters, I generally have to check the date-time application on my computer screen, or click the Info button on my TV.

If I were retired I think I'd stay home on the weekends and go out and do stuff, run errands and so on, during "bankers hours" while the masses are toiling.

I'm not retired but i've been unemployed for 2 1/2 months. I do my errands on weekdays either late morning or early afternoon and usually stay home all weekend. I like weekdays much better because it's much quieter around home.

We still look forward to weekends because our son works and we get to "play" with him all weekend. This evening (Friday) we all went for a walk down the 'waterway', eating dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. Tomorrow he'll be around to go play tennis early in the morning, then we'll go the farmers' market and buy something nice for lunch. The afternoon we'll probably spend watching English soccer matches.

Sunday morning we'll all go bike riding, maybe play some table tennis in the afternoon and watch another soccer game on the TV.

Next weekend we may go to Renfest.

If we didn't have working family and friends, weekends would probably not be any different to weekdays.

No, weekdays are better for me. Golf course less crowded and very few on the walking/hiking trails I frequent. I do love college football so that is the one thing I look forward to on Saturdays this time of year.

I look forward to Saturdays since the kids are out of school. I look forward to Mondays since they go back to school! I do like Sunday evenings now that I do not have to go to work. We definitely do our in town things while the masses are at work. The weekday lunch resturant specials are the best deals also so we eat out mainly for lunch during the week.

Other than weekends is when the kids are off work and out of school, the weekends would be no fun at all. Too many crazy w*rking people running around trying to cram stuff into those two days at the malls, restaurants, and other venues. Being retired means you get to pick the opportune times to go places, as I explained recently to a former colleague in an email...
As they say in Hollywood - Let's do lunch. Nothing critical going on this week during the daytime for me that I can't move around, although I like to get to the gym by 1:30 or so in order to avoid the crowd of soccer moms in the mornings and working stiffs around lunch or COB.
I got my schedule fouled up recently and went to the gym at 10 on a Saturday morning. The frenzied workouts I saw going on there kind of scared me - I thought some of those folks were going to fall out right there. It was obvious they were trying to catch up for all the trips to the gym that they had missed that week.

Other bad places to go on the weekends are the grocery store on Sunday afternoons and the dry cleaners just before closing on Saturdays.

Last edited:
Other bad places to go on the weekends are the grocery store on Sunday afternoons and the dry cleaners just before closing on Saturdays.
We try really really hard not to go anywhere on weekends.

We hunker down at home with chores and paperwork and all of the things that we had put off during the week while we were [-]surfing[/-] running errands.

We look forward to weekdays and weekends.

Weekends mean get-togethers with working class family members. Weekdays mean we can go out to get stuff done. Weekday afternoons are especially good for movies, when the theaters are practically empty.

Is this really a poll?

It's gotten hard to keep track of the day-of-week. When it matters, I generally have to check the date-time application on my computer screen, or click the Info button on my TV.
I tell people that the only thing I know for sure is that it's 1968.

With my evening and volunteer activities on Monday-Thursday, Friday is actually my day of peace (other than sometimes doing my laundry on that day). Saturday is the day my ladyfriend cooks dinner for me which is nice, so it is my real do-nothing day LOL! (Sunday is my own cooking day, with some help from my ladyfriend.)

But yes, every day to some degree feels like a Saturday. :)

In the fall, yes. Football. During the school year, sort of. My kids don't get up so early so I can sleep in, but I miss the peace and quiet of the weekdays. In the summer, when they are out of school, not really.

We look forward to yard sales that are held on the weekend but on the other hand it's nice to go shopping during the week when the stores are less crowded (the same for going to the movies).

I really dislike weekends now that I am retired. I stay home and do errands M-F and before school/work gets out. My M-F routines, listening to various local and syndicated talk radio, and taping various TV shows are disrupted by Sat and Sun. I love Sunday evening as it gets quite and all those (kids and adults) have to go to bed early. :dance:

Weekends mean crowded conditions out in public, best avoided. :cool: The traffic enroute to WallyWorld, observed yesterday afternoon at 4 PM, amazed me. We were headed to one of our private clubs for Friday night fish fry volunteer duty. We were thankfully watching it all go by while sitting at a traffic light on a cross street. My freezer and pantry are already stocked for the winter, so have fun, folks :greetings10:

For some of our still w*rking friends, the weekend means they can stay out a little later at the social clubs we frequent. People rarely hold home parties anymore, so that is our best outlet to see multiple friends all at once.

Oh...and last but not least, Friday is garbage day. :LOL:

Last edited:
I also stay away from "public places" during the weekend. Just stay at home and chill.

One other thing I enjoy this time of year. When I do the weekly food shopping, all the kids (other than very young) are in school, along with their "soccer moms" that drove me crazy in the summer, while they park their carts two-wide in the isle to talk to their friends about whatever - while their kids circle the carts.

I guess those same moms shop during the nights/weekends when their kids are at home, as I am.

Yeah, I'm getting old (and proud of it). Hey kid, get off my lawn :cool: ...

Back
Top Bottom