93 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
DW and the 5 granddaughters...yesterday:

Picture day at Kindergarten.

Attachments

• picture day.jpg
    picture day.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 65
And now for something completely different...

Not a particularly good photo other than the subject matter. A tarantula hawk makes off with its [-]kill[/-] paralyzed victim on my sidewalk.

From Wikipedia:

They are one of the largest parasitoid wasps, using their sting to paralyze their prey before dragging it to a brood nest as living food; a single egg is laid on the prey, hatching to a larva which eats the still-living prey.

Attachments

• Tarantula Hawk.jpg
    Tarantula Hawk.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
And now for something completely different...

Not a particularly good photo other than the subject matter. A tarantula hawk makes off with its [-]kill[/-] paralyzed victim on my sidewalk.

From Wikipedia:

Nasty little buggers....

The U.S. state of New Mexico chose a species of tarantula hawk (specifically, P. formosa, now known as P. grossa) in 1989 to become its official state insect. Its selection was prompted by a group of elementary school children from Edgewood doing research on states that had adopted state insects. They selected three insects as candidates and mailed ballots to all schools for a statewide election. The winner was the tarantula hawk wasp.

Now I understand why NM is so screwed up...:facepalm:

Additional interesting information:

Tarantula hawk wasps are relatively docile and rarely sting without provocation. However, the sting—particularly that of P. grossa—is among the most painful of all insects, though the intense pain only lasts about five minutes.[8] One researcher described the pain as "...immediate, excruciating, unrelenting pain that simply shuts down one's ability to do anything, except scream.

Last edited:
”...immediate, excruciating, unrelenting pain that simply shuts down one’s ability to do anything, except scream...”

Sounds like the morning staff meeting...

Last edited:
White Pass and Yukon VIP car. DW is 2nd seat on right. A Blow That Dough experience

Attachments

• IMG_6847.jpg
    IMG_6847.jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 78
Wow, I hadn't seen this thread before! This forum must be like the online version of Lake Woebegone, where everyone is above average! :)

In an attempt to lower said average, here's a photo of me in my natural habitat, at a local brewery:

Attachments

• Me at Audacious Aleworks.jpg
    Me at Audacious Aleworks.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 97
We did the VIP car on our Alaskan cruise last year. In my mind it was definitely worth the extra cost when you looked back at the other cars "full" of people. The rest room alone justified the cost!

t.r.

Shouldn't be posting again, but just got another picture of Riley... (post 1826)
She moved from age 10 to age 16 in one month. I've got a feeling that son Scott is going to have his hands full when she really does turn 16.

Attachments

• Riley age 11.jpg
    Riley age 11.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 110
Today is our 32nd. Anniversary. Here are photos of us THEN on our Wedding Day and Now...…..

Attachments

• Wedding Day.jpg
    Wedding Day.jpg
    544.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Ian & Brenda.jpg
    Ian & Brenda.jpg
    733.9 KB · Views: 96
Congratulations on your anniversary! You both look much happier now, after 32 years of marriage, than you did on your wedding day.

Nah, it is just the Canadian Smile, we were in Calgary, AB in DECEMBER! We were, and are very fortunate. We left of the USA with my Job a week later. A lot to cram in.

Here is another recent photo in PV, I am not good as smiling for a camera.

Attachments

• 20191213_123456.jpg
    20191213_123456.jpg
    727.6 KB · Views: 76
Nah, it is just the Canadian Smile, we were in Calgary, AB in DECEMBER! We were, and are very fortunate. We left of the USA with my Job a week later. A lot to cram in.

Here is another recent photo in PV, I am not good as smiling for a camera.

Beautiful location! You two look very happy in PV, too.

Nah, it is just the Canadian Smile

LOL. We call it the Bergström (Lena's maiden name) smile. Here are three generations having a wonderful time (DD, DMIL, DW, DFIL):

f76ZaZe.png

But she can smile:

qvlqkXp.png

Last edited:
Here we are getting married in Sweden (we got married in San Fran (1981) then in 1982 in Sweden (Lockne Kyrka in Brunflo):

GIDKJwH.png

Last edited:
Wedding

This is a photo of our wedding in 2007 On the island of Santorini.
The studio portrait was taken this year on a cruise

Attachments

• wedding1.jpeg
    wedding1.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 54
  • rsz0003.jpg
    rsz0003.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom