Rumsfeld

"George, let me explain this once more ... you fire an unpopular cabinet member BEFORE the election, not AFTER!" (George Sr. to GWB) :D

I've been lurking around on the 'net and see that some are saying that the Dem's need to fix the Iraq problem. Other than providing needed resources I think this is the Administration's responsibility. Congress made a mistake authorizing the President's miss-adventure.

Brat said:
I've been lurking around on the 'net and see that some are saying that the Dem's need to fix the Iraq problem. Other than providing needed resources I think this is the Administration's responsibility. Congress made a mistake authorizing the President's miss-adventure.

And yet Congress, Dems and Republicans alike, keep voting for $50 billion dollar appropriations like they're water.

Cant believe how politics works people up so much. Both sides are evil to the core... :D

grumpy said:
"George, let me explain this once more ... you fire an unpopular cabinet member BEFORE the election, not AFTER!" (George Sr. to GWB) :D

On the other hand, Papa Bush didn't manage to get himself re-elected, so...

Baby Bush probably made a reasonable strategic decision not to allow any crack in the facade before the election, given that he was running on nothing but bluster, self-confidence, and fear-mongering.

Brat said:

The USA needs to fix the Iraq problem. Congress made a mistake authorizing the mis-adventure and Congress needs to participate in fixing it. The fact that some of the new players weren't there when the mistake was made is moot.

The USA, needs to fix this problem. Damn Right! If, we don't, we won't exist in 30 years.

Sundance Kid said:
The USA, needs to fix this problem. Damn Right! If, we don't, we won't exist in 30 years.

We don't exist any more anyway, at least not in the sense/manner that
the USA
was founded. I think we all could agree that the founders wouldn't even
recognize what they started, and I don't mean because of technology
advances.

JG

Mr._johngalt said:
We don't exist any more anyway, at least not in the sense/manner that the USA was founded.
Yeah! Now women can vote and even serve in office, slavery and indentured servitude and child labor and domestic violence are illegal, we have a minimum wage and unemployment insurance and other safety nets, and ladies' skirts are much shorter ;) Isn't it great?!

Quote from: Mr._johngalt on Today at 06:57:31 AM
We don't exist any more anyway, at least not in the sense/manner that the USA was founded.

Hey JG where do we go to get Amendments 1 and 3-10 of our Constitutional Bill of Rights back?

JohnP

Mr._johngalt said:
We don't exist any more anyway, at least not in the sense/manner that
the USA
was founded. I think we all could agree that the founders wouldn't even
recognize what they started, and I don't mean because of technology
advances.

JG

Well, it was the 1700's............ :D :D But it IS TRUE that today it would be harder for a President to have children with a slave.............. :eek: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom