Sincere apology to Tiger

This was covered earlier in this thread. There are many sports stars who were not womanizers. Bart Starr is one example.
Paul Hornung swept up all the woman within 1 mile so Bart never had a chance.

As for Tiger ... Although I'm not a fan, I admire this comeback. As a survivor of back surgery myself, he's inspirational, and educational. I'm sure a lot of people are now asking their doctors about ALIF. I also contend that his fast comeback from traditional laminectomy contributed to his problem, hence the educational part: don't be like Tiger. Let your back heal first. But who knows? The more dangerous ALIF worked great for him, and he is at least in the conversation again.

Despite all his crap and arrogance, I don't ever wish back problems on anyone, Tiger included.

I'm going through a bout of back problems myself right now. I'm currently on the "unable to perform" list (golf only BTW)...it has been cold and rainy in the northeast so that has not been helping.
I was watching Tiger at Pebble, and thinking that cool damp weather is not the best for him. Remember how he was sweating bullets while winning the Tour Championship last summer? That is probably the best weather for Tiger and his back. It was damp and chilly at Bethpage for the PGA, also, and I suspect it is unlikely to be hot and sunny in Ireland next month for the Open....Tiger is probably thinking "man I hope I get to play some more majors in hot weather again. The move taking the PGA from August to May does not help him in this regard.

I bet if there was an honest survey among women, more would throw themselves at men if they are rich and famous than broke and unheard of.

Recall watching the ESPN 30 for 30 episode on the reasons pro athletes are notoriously bad at handling finances. There are many reasons but one of the things they talked about was a social media app that 1000's of women subscribe to that tracks popular nightclubs and sends out notices when famous athletes/entertainers show up to the club. Not long after they show up the floodgates open and women start pouring in.

Edit: Should have read the other responses closer, looks like MusicLover beat me to it.

Last edited:
I'm going through a bout of back problems myself right now. I'm currently on the "unable to perform" list (golf only BTW)...it has been cold and rainy in the northeast so that has not been helping.
I was watching Tiger at Pebble, and thinking that cool damp weather is not the best for him. Remember how he was sweating bullets while winning the Tour Championship last summer? That is probably the best weather for Tiger and his back. It was damp and chilly at Bethpage for the PGA, also, and I suspect it is unlikely to be hot and sunny in Ireland next month for the Open....Tiger is probably thinking "man I hope I get to play some more majors in hot weather again. The move taking the PGA from August to May does not help him in this regard.
That's an interesting observation and possible. For me, it doesn't seem to matter. But everyone is different. I doubt he had any metal inserted for his ALIF. He wanted to avoid that. Any instrumentation for back repair definitely causes issues when cold.

That's an interesting observation and possible. For me, it doesn't seem to matter. But everyone is different. I doubt he had any metal inserted for his ALIF. He wanted to avoid that. Any instrumentation for back repair definitely causes issues when cold.

Although he didn't go into details, he did say in an interview on Saturday or Sunday that the cold weather at Pebble was causing him some physical issues. He was also observed with KT tape on his neck on the weekend.

Although he didn't go into details, he did say in an interview on Saturday or Sunday that the cold weather at Pebble was causing him some physical issues. He was also observed with KT tape on his neck on the weekend.
Ahhh, so that's a good theory. Used to all the warm Florida weather too.

He also has a host of other issues besides the back. Muscles tighten in cold and havoc can result.

What coronation? I am just amazed that he came back to win, not one, but two tournaments, the 2nd one being a major. He will never be the old Tiger, ruling over all his peers with dominance. That golf era is gone, perhaps, forever. Since Tiger, #1 ranking has been a musical chair and it will likely to continue that way.

And someone mentioned his being a womanizer. Can someone name one super sports star who wasn't? It comes with the role whether we approve it or not. When I posted this thread, I was just focusing on Tiger's sports achievement. I can't say I like him as a person but that's not the point of this thread.

Nolan Ryan, has been married to his wife for 50+ years... never any rumors...

David Robinson, was a very religious person...

Earl Campbell... met the man as the firm I worked at did his taxes... very humble...

Edit to add, JJ Watt... if you want someone current...

Those just off the top of my head...

Last edited:
As an aside... when talking about women throwing themselves at sports stars...

Many years ago there was a player for the Houston Rockets named Robert Reid... well, I had a friend who had the same name and lived close to the sports star... he would talk about all the women who would call and say what they wanted to do to him :LOL:... until they figured out he was not the basketball player...

BTW, the player had an unlisted number of course...

Back
Top Bottom