Specs not available in store

how to buy a cell phone

From my research, the most comprehensive online comparison of phone features and detailed specs is a website called phonearena.com. Here's a comparison of my current phone (OnePlus 3T) with the OnePlus 6 and also my daughter's Moto G6. I was just looking at this earlier today and still had the tab open when I saw this thread (...I'm thinking about the OnePlus 6).

I only buy unlocked Android phones that can be activated on MVNOs like Ting. My M.O. for buying is to look at the Ting website to get an idea of what GSM phones they support at various price ranges. I then compare 3 or 4 in my price range using the phonearena website to narrow it further. Then read reviews on Amazon and other high-volume websites. I haven't bought a phone at a brick-and-mortar store since 2007. I usually buy from Amazon, swappa, or directly from the manufacturer.
This sounds like how I'll do it next time! DD works for a cell phone company and gave me her phone since she gets new models from her company all the time. But your process is going to be the one I use unless another phone falls in my lap

Yeah .... Would have been helpful before I walked into the store. I went into the AT&T Authorized Seller on Clayton road and they were so nice that I picked up the Samsung 9, most of its really nice but now I'm wondering if I should of gotten the iphone. Oh well at least I don't have to fix the phone that I found out was it 5 years old. 5 years. Cannot believe that I got 5 years out of a phone

Back
Top Bottom