Super Bowl Commercials

The cell phone one with "theft deterrent" was hysterical.

If you didnt watch the game or missed it, here's the gist.

Two guys in a locker room, each bragging about their cell phone features. Finally one says "my cell phone has theft deterrent". The other guy asks what that is. "Try to take my wallet". Other guy reaches for the first guys pants. First guy throws his cell phone and hits the other guy in the face with it. "There...theft deterrent!".

I liked the one where the older guy was complaining about the newfangled phone that gets the scores. "Why can't you just get the scores the old-fashioned way -- from the Internet."

I liked the Fed Ex one with the cave man....

But, it is a 'guy' commercial..

Texas Proud said:
But, it is a 'guy' commercial..
The SuperBowl ain't exactly a chick flick.

Although I'm sure a lot of guys were trying to figure out how the Fabio commercial snuck in there.

"The superbowl ain't exactly a chick flick"

Oh my gosh, are you serious? I've read that anywhere from 35-48% of the superbowl audience was female. Of course in my family I'm the sports fan. And 3 out of 4 of my sisters are huge sports fans. It's just something we inherited from our mother. (who is now 86 and watches whatever sports are on TV)

Oh, and the females at our superbowl party thought the caveman commercial was the funniest. Followed by the mastercard commercial where the guys are up on the roof doing "home repairs". (probably 'cause they reminded us of our husbands)

Sorry, Nords, just couldn't let the chick flick comment go. ;)

kz said:
Sorry, Nords, just couldn't let the chick flick comment go.  ;)
Aw, geez. No offense intended to all the women out there who don't watch "chick flicks".

And I'm not trying to insinuate that all women are chicks. Apparently I used a politically insensitive term to refer to the romantically gushy genre that, in my opinion, appears to be oriented mainly toward the female gender. Please let me know what the PC term is.

The point that I was trying to make is that football, although watched by a very significant minority of women, is still aimed at testosterone-poisoned guys. Beer. John Madden. Cheerleaders. Big honkin' trucks. It's not as slimy as McMahon's XFL but it's not Jennifer Love Hewitt in "If Only".

Gimme a break. I'm married to a naval officer. We're raising a girl. I've been in favor of women in the submarine force ever since I've seen how guys behave in a men's-locker-room crew. I'm keenly aware that chains like Home Depot & Lowes appreciate that most of the home-improvement decisions & purchases are made by women. Maybe FedEx needs to look into the gender bias of their revenue, too.

We'll know that Madison Avenue is trying to tap into the real budget decision-makers when network TV professional football games have male cheerleaders or Martha Stewart. Or even, long overdue, women players.

(Cute Fuzzy Bunny) said:
Gosh, I cant think of any NFL team that could overcome martha stewart...
Or look as good doing it.

Except for the team from the Justice Department...

Back
Top Bottom