Super Bowl XLV~

Who in the Heck Do You Prefer in SB?

• Total voters
In the words of the late Myron Cope "The terrible towel is poised to strike".

Well, I voted for the Steelers even though I am not a big football fan. Well, I better at least make a show of supporting the Steelers given where I live...I don't want to wind up in the Mon River with a brick around my neck:LOL:
I miss Myron Cope. Did you know that all the proceeds from the sale of the Terrible Towels go to support a school for the developmentally disabled?
I am not planning to watch the game tonight as it coincides with Masterpiece Theater (Part 3 of "Downton Abbey...a well-acted program done in that inimitable way that only the British can do a historical drama, or so it seems to me). I will have to acquaint myself with the final score given that it will be all that is talked about in the office tomorrow...by those not too hung over to report for work.

so now we know who'll be in the sb. the only football game i watched since the last sb was the steelers jets tonight. what a mess! the steelers played great and the jets never showed up in the 1st half. you can pretty much reverse that for the 2nd half. 19 unanswered points by the jets, the only reason the jets lost is they ran out of time. how could the steelers play so well in the 1st half and stink up the joint so bad in the 2nd! that's a rhetorical question, i understand football and how momentum can change in a heartbeat. if this is how the steelers will play in the sb they might as well stay home and just concede to green bay.

In the words of the late Myron Cope "The terrible towel is poised to strike".

Nice prediction. It never hurts when you have Franco showing up to watch the game.

Just having the Steelers show up in Dallas stadium while the Cowboys watch from the stands will make it all worth while.

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Free to canoe

Just having the Steelers show up in Dallas stadium while the Cowboys watch from the stands will make it all worth while.

Welcome to Jerry World!

Last time I was in that area, heading for a Ranger game, it took an hour to go the last two miles... I'll be watching from the comfort of the sofa.

As for the game, I initially thought GB had the best momentum going in. Not so sure after the last game. Neither the Steelers nor the Packers looked spectacular. But they did both hang on to win...

For sentimental reasons I have to go with GB. I had the opportunity to fly them to the '98 San Diego Super Bowl in our DC-10. Had Mike Holmgren up front with us for part of the flight.

Packers and the Steelers. Two small market team face off in the super bowl. Shows the parity in the setup of the NFL. Not so with professional baseball IMHO.

Free to canoe

Back
Top Bottom