This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 85F here already today! And it's only February.

I like hot weather so that's not so awful. However we do have some thick fog/mist that is astounding. I haven't seen fog this thick in quite some time. No birdwatching for us down at the lake, today, unless the fog lifts.

It's 85 and foggy? Reminds me of that Stephen King novel, The Mist, where some sort of military project goes awry and monster creatures from another dimension appear out of a mist that comes from across a lake.

It's currently 58 here with bright sunshine, almost no breeze and the daffy-dills and periwinkle are blooming in the flower beds. Grass is greening up as well. If there's gonna be another drought here in California, may as well enjoy the weather we do get that is bearable.

86 here today. Another great day for top down driving and Pickleball.

Temps forecast in the 50's for 12 days out of the next 14. That's about 65 degrees warmer than it was a week ago. Major thaw going on. Beautiful hiking weather.

It's 85 and foggy? Reminds me of that Stephen King novel, The Mist, where some sort of military project goes awry and monster creatures from another dimension appear out of a mist that comes from across a lake.

That's it. It's Nessie, transiting through a time/space portal from another dimension, emerging from the thick fog. :LOL: Look! Here she is! See below.

Meanwhile, today we saw about 100 seagulls floating/sleeping on the lake, seeming very happy to be rocked to sleep in those cool, misty waters. For some reason, the pelicans were not around. We still have a dense fog advisory.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 20
I've been in South Florida this week. The weather has been fantastic. Warm days cool nights.

Nirvana for a February.

"April showers bring May flowers", and we are sure getting the rain lately! Well, thunderstorms, wind, and hail, actually.

When the thunderstorms are at night, often they are loud enough that I can't possibly sleep. So, I nap whenever I can during the day and my sleep schedule gets all messed up. When the storms are during the day, the rain is heavy and we tend to skip going to the boat launch to watch the seagulls and pelicans (a favorite retirement pastime).

Take a look at our forecast through Saturday (attached)!

P.S. - - I know, I complain a lot but actually I get a kick out of thunderstorms.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 25
W2R, I would give anything for that forecast. We are so dry here and the measurable rainfall we had was in July of 2020. We finally got some skiffs of snow which in moisture is measured about 3/16th of an inch. It will help slow up fires for a few days but will need a lot more.
I would take the awful weather, off of your hands if I could.

Been raining a lot up here here Northern Va. Yes everything is growing including the lawn. My azaleas look like they are about to burst.

It's been too chilly and rainy to spend much time on the deck, aka my "office".

But that will be changing quickly.

The hail last night was so loud that we initially had no idea what was happening. Thought we had a burst water pipe. Lasted about 15 minutes and then heavy rain. Tried to upload a video, but received a videos not allowed message. I know I’ve seen them - how is that done?

Attachments

• FAC7B4C5-2A02-4587-9305-96C39389E6A3.jpg
    FAC7B4C5-2A02-4587-9305-96C39389E6A3.jpg
    961.8 KB · Views: 31
It's dark as night, and raining really hard. We have a severe thunderstorm watch and a flash flood watch. Looks like tornado weather although we don't often get them here (so we probably won't get one), but you know what I mean - - greenish brown colored clouds and an uneasy feeling in the air. We have 5" of rain predicted for today so at this rate we could end up with feet of rain by Saturday! Luckily my house and Frank's (next door) are not in a flood prone area, and neither has flooded since they were built back in 1965.
W2R, I would give anything for that forecast. We are so dry here and the measurable rainfall we had was in July of 2020. We finally got some skiffs of snow which in moisture is measured about 3/16th of an inch. It will help slow up fires for a few days but will need a lot more.
I would take the awful weather, off of your hands if I could.
My sympathies! I prefer this to drought and hope that those who are living in drought conditions get some rain soon too. Had enough horribly dry drought conditions for a lifetime back when I lived out west.

Already napped for over an hour since it is so dark outside.

Tried to upload a video, but received a videos not allowed message. I know I’ve seen them - how is that done?
Beowulf, I have no idea; never uploaded a video myself other than youtube links. Maybe one of the mods knows more about this. I guess you could always upload it to youtube, and then post the link to it. That's probably what I'd do.

It was lightly snowing when I got up this morning. Just enough to cover the ground. Its all gone now. More snow predicted for the next week or so. Winter is not quite over up here in the mountains.

It was lightly snowing when I got up this morning. Just enough to cover the ground. Its all gone now. More snow predicted for the next week or so. Winter is not quite over up here in the mountains.

On this date in 2018 we had 20-35 inches of snow thru out the area. April 13th is always still winter around here(Wisconsin). We may get a few days around 70 degrees but they are usually surrounded by days in the 30's and 40's. We have lows in the 30's every day for the next 10 days. No snow in the forecast but I still consider it Winter.

@beowulf, best bet is your own youtube account as @W2R suggested. That way you can share it with anyone easily.

Puget Sound area is lovely with no rain, light winds and mid 50's by mid morning. Heading to the first 70's of the year this week.
Unfortunately it is perfect tree pollen explosion weather, so those of us with allergies are "under the weather" LOL!

We went out to eat at our favorite restaurant, and while we were there, the rain and winds kicked up a few notches. You could hardly see anything through the torrential, sideways rain. The winds were so strong and were knocking down big branches from nearby trees. The staff moved customers to tables away from the picture windows. Wunderground dot com says the steady winds were at least 40 mph, which I think is an underestimate, and wind gusts were higher than that.

I have never lived in the northeast, but this is what I would imagine a nor'easter must be like.

We waited for it to calm down somewhat, and then I drove us home at about 20 mph. Even then it was a pretty terrifying experience with all that water in the streets and high winds. Huge trees were blown down all over our suburb. Glad to be safely home and not going out again until this storm is over!

OK, what's retirement without some exciting weather to report? :ROFLMAO:

Well it's been close to 70 degrees each day here for a week or more. already cleaned off the driveway from all of last years plowing. So what happens, 6 inches of snow this morning and still falling.
I am not plowing this! Spent a week fixing the driveway already.:facepalm:

It's STILL raining and thunderstorming here, and has been almost constantly all week. Today we have a high of 72F predicted, with a flash flood watch, 100% chance of thunderstorms, gusty winds and small hail.

It's not as bad now as it was on Tuesday, though. F's back yard is beginning to look like a tiny lake, but in a few days it will be back to normal.

Hate to complain about beautiful sunny days, but we really need our Spring rains!
Much of the area in drought conditions.

Hurricane season started on June 1st, and here we go again! The big red disturbance in the western Gulf of Mexico has a 70% chance of formation by Friday. So far, our forecasters are telling us that if it comes here, it will be mostly just a big rain event.

In unrelated weather news, last night we had a thunderstorm with strong, gusty winds. That was followed by a 1-2 hour internet outage last night and one today lasting more than 4 hours. :sick:

Attachments

• two_atl_5d0.jpg
    two_atl_5d0.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 55
Florida West Coast here. Spring has been very dry, so we are welcoming all this rain for the past two weeks. Everything is looking green again outside. My landscaping is looking amazing again. Going on 45yrs of hurricane preparedness. Got it down to a science, let her rip.:dance:

Florida West Coast here. Spring has been very dry, so we are welcoming all this rain for the past two weeks. Everything is looking green again outside. My landscaping is looking amazing again. Going on 45yrs of hurricane preparedness. Got it down to a science, let her rip.:dance:
There isn't anything coming your way!!! :LOL: But who knows, maybe later. We don't have a hurricane coming here either, at least according to the NHC.

Last year we were in the cone 7 (or was it 8?) times. Like you, I have spent decades living here but most of us here in New Orleans never take any hurricane threat lightly. You never know.

Same here on the garden and landscaping.
Never really too worried about the hurricanes, but do prep for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom