Those With Dyson Cordless Vacuum, Have You Had Problems With It?

Nate, have you considered returning to where you bought it since only 40 days? Costco would deifinitely cover it but not so sure about QVC. Or dispute credit card charge as a defective unit until Dyson ships you a replacement.

We have two Dyson V6 animals that we bought from either BJ's or Costco... on in each home. They both work well for many years... I'm guessing 8 years for one and 4 years for the other.

Only problem has been occasional pulsing but it has been due to alockage of some sort.

pb4uski, I already shipped the main unit, one power attachment, and vacuum tube back to Dyson per the request of Dyson customer service in exchange for a brand new V-11 since Dyson has no V-10s in stock.

We bought a V8 Absolute about 9 months ago for $189 on sale. Wife had been wanting one but I was balking at the price of the newer models. Decided on the V8 and couldn't be happier. Works well for us and I'm surprised how long a charge lasts. We get almost the entire house done on one charge.

Ours overheats if we run it on "ludicrous speed" for too long.
Then you wait for it too cool off to finish using it.

We have had a V8 for several years without issue. It does real well in vacuuming up Corgi hair.

To close the loop, Dyson sent me a new, boxed, V-11 with all attachments. This was after I sent them, at their expense, the failed V10 main body, long tube, and one of the power heads (I sent the motorized carpet beater). Dyson staff said I could keep all other attachments. They sent the V-11 because no V10s were in stock. The V11 does not have as many attachments as the $200 less V10, so I now have in addition to the V11 with carpet power head, crevice tool, and 2 brushes, the V10 accessories including floor soft powered roller, powered upulstry cleaner, variable angle tube and coiled/bendable tube. So for $400 I got all of this. But what a hassle, though. I learned to be as gentle as possible with the trigger. The V11 has the same failure-prone one as the V10.

The rug power beater is another big failure item on the V11 (in addition to the same trigger failure the V10 has), according to reviews I read (round plastic dust shield at the end of the roller breaks, jamming the roller. Several commenters noted this ring was broken on their new V-11 right out of the box). I did have something rattling around on the inside of the power roller (rattled right out of the box). I removed the roller and a broken off securing tab fell out. The carpet beater works without it, so I won't contact Dyson about this. I wonder how many Dyson stick vacuums I'll go through during the 2 year warranty period.

Attachments

• IMG_20201008_103908198.jpg
    IMG_20201008_103908198.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom