Time for flu shots already ?

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Got a text from my CVS pharmacy yesterday about scheduling a flu shot. Seems a bit early doesn't it ?

My doctor likes me to get them early October but says "as long as it's in the fall sometime". It's almost September.

I have gotten mine in September for as long as I can remember.

Publix has had the signs out front for the past few weeks. I usually wait a bit, especially here in Florida, where it's summer till Halloween and then some.

I've been watching the Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report. I see no reason to get the shot before there is an indication cases are beginning to grow in my area. The vaccine is limited in both effectiveness and duration. If the season is delayed until late winter/early spring, as it sometimes is, the shot you got in September may have lost much of its ability to help protect you when you really need it.

My doctor recommends getting the flu shot in late October so will will last all the way through March. One year I got the flu shot in early October, got the flu in March, my doc fussed at me for getting my shot too early.

I plan to get the new improved covid booster and flu shot at the same time if the pharmacy will allow it, hopefully in late Sept.

I would not get mine before the end of October. I have never gotten the flu in the fall. (Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself!)

Flu shots are available now, "back to school" is the time when germs have a golden opportunity to begin knocking at everyone door!
We try to get ours late September/October.

Got a letter from my pharmacy offering flu shots. They say CDC expects flu season to start earlier this year, but didn't provide a reference to look up.

I have my yearly physical on September 12th and if they offer me the flu vaccine I will take it. I expect to be around people quite a bit for a contract job in October and then a little in November and December. I then plan to hibernate in January and February before hopefully getting my next contract in March. I think an early vaccine makes sense for me in this case even though I probably would no longer be protected come March. I would say take it first opportunity you get before end of September.

I've been watching the Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report. I see no reason to get the shot before there is an indication cases are beginning to grow in my area. .....
I usually wait until early Oct for the shot, but also watch national map on this website. It seems like New Mexico is always high(??). It must be the way they add up the case count numbers.

I plan to get the new improved covid booster and flu shot at the same time if the pharmacy will allow it, hopefully in late Sept.

Did that last year - no problem. One pop in each arm

When I picked up my prescriptions at Walmart they tried to sell me a flu shot which I thought was weird. Next time they ask if I had it I will just lie and say yes to avoid the sales pitch.

I get one for free at work, so I just go off their schedule for when they have the open clinic. It started Oct 1 last year.

Back
Top Bottom