Used Cars- How old and how many miles?

I like the Pilot, but I like the sliding doors on the van because I have a small garage..........
i sat in an odyssey and didn't want to swing around all that extra space all the time -

The Pilot is a replacement for DW/grandma's 2000 Mazda MPV minivan. She didn't want another minivan...said they weren't cool. :rolleyes:

I think CFB has a Pilot.........;)

Oh no. Hey, the dealership has a 24-hour return policy!

...the fine print says I can bring it back within 24 hours of purchase. I can't get my money back, but I'm welcome to return it.:bat:

I had a 91' Honda Accord that I sold at 240,000 and it was running like a top. Changed the oil every 5000 miles and the timing belt every 90,000.

I have a 92 Camry with just over 200,000 and it is going strong. I do have to add a quart of oil every 2500 miles but otherwise no problems. Just change the oil ever 5000 miles.

I had a 2001 Toyota Rav-4 and it was a piece of junk. My sister has a 2006 Toyota Highlander that has had a LOT of problems. To me, Toyota has gone downhill since the 90's. I don't think Honda has had these problems.

I have a 2004 Pilot. I ran into the same thing, buying used wasn't going to be much less than new, so I bought new. 66K, no worries. Gas mileage isn't quite as good as I was hoping for. 70mph seems to be the cutoff point, it starts falling off above that.

. Gas mileage isn't quite as good as I was hoping for.

Well, it is an SUV.........;)

As for me, I went from an SUV to a Honda Accord almost 2 years ago, and from 17-18 mpg to an average of almost 29..........and I don't miss the SUV at all.........:D

Tripling your gas mileage? NOT FAIR!!!:D

going to try to hold out for the 2009 w/ the 90 mpg! fill up once per month!!! :D

before the suv's i'd always had honda/acura and was used to at least 30 mpg or more...the pilot is killing me!

In March 2003 I bought a '97 Taurus Wagon with 89,500 miles on it for $3900. I gave the Taurus to my son this past July when I bought my brother in law's '98 Windstar with 92,000 miles for $1300. The Windstar was his company car and he kept it in tip top condition. Our other car is a 2000 Camry bought new and which we will drive into the ground and then buy a 2 to 3 year old car.

Well, it is an SUV.........;)

The Pilot is the first car I've owned that I rarely get the EPA estimates on and I don't believe my driving habits have changed. I'm not a leadfoot.

It's supposed to get 17/22. I've gotten 22-23 on just 2 or 3 tank fulls. Even with 100% interstate driving I'm usually at 20, and sometimes not even that. In town is more like 14. I was on the hondapilot.org forum for awhile, and many people were getting lower numbers like me.

That's why I'm a bit disappointed in it. I bought what I thought was the most fuel efficient 6 cyl SUV, and it's not better than many of the others.

The Pilot is the first car I've owned that I rarely get the EPA estimates on and I don't believe my driving habits have changed. I'm not a leadfoot.

It's supposed to get 17/22. I've gotten 22-23 on just 2 or 3 tank fulls. Even with 100% interstate driving I'm usually at 20, and sometimes not even that. In town is more like 14. I was on the hondapilot.org forum for awhile, and many people were getting lower numbers like me.

That's why I'm a bit disappointed in it. I bought what I thought was the most fuel efficient 6 cyl SUV, and it's not better than many of the others.

I've got an Odyssey that shuts down the cylinders from 6 to 3 on the highway, and the best I ever got was 28. In a 50/50 mix, I get 20, that's it.......

I'm not expecting great mileage from the Pilot. I purchased it to haul around the [-]thundering herd[/-] grankids and all their "stuff", not as an economy car. After all it's called an SUV, which I understand is short for "Sucks Up Vuel". :)

I'm not expecting great mileage from the Pilot. I purchased it to haul around the [-]thundering herd[/-] grankids and all their "stuff", not as an economy car. After all it's called an SUV, which I understand is short for "Sucks Up Vuel". :)

So it's German..........:D

Back
Top Bottom