Website is open to order your 4 free tests now

The label on mine reads something like, FDA authorized for emergency use... Kits expire in July 2022... Oh, Made in China! :facepalm:

Last edited:
We got ours finally, late last evening. Luckily, the expiration date is the longest of any of the ones we have bought, July 2022. Hopefully, won't need them at that time.

Ours expire Jan 2023. It's the Quickvue brand

The outside of the packaging had 2 dates which is confusing, but inside, the individual components earliest expiration is Jan 2023 .

got ours todays.

Throw them away then USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very annoyed. Ordered ours January 18th. Have not received tracking email or tests. I wanted to test myself before visiting my under 5 yo grandchildren last weekend so had to purchase a test that cost $25.

Everyone I know who ordered theirs (after me) received them long ago.

Very annoyed. Ordered ours January 18th. Have not received tracking email or tests. I wanted to test myself before visiting my under 5 yo grandchildren last weekend so had to purchase a test that cost $25.

Everyone I know who ordered theirs (after me) received them long ago.

+1
I'm in the same boat. Ordered ours on Jan 20 and still no tracking email and no tests.

On the bright side, DW found some tests at the grocery store pharmacy about a week ago, and I submitted a reimbursement claim to my insurance company yesterday.

Try submitting an email to USPS.
I did not get a tracking number until a couple of days after I submitted an email to USPS to ask about it.

DW ordered them for us and MIL Jan 18. Haven't got ours yet. MIL got hers today. She wanted to throw them away, thinking that the instructions called for a stool sample. Something about the word 'anterior' in the instructions confused her.

I asked my neighbor if he had gotten his, he said he didn't order any.
I emphasized they were FREE , as he and his wife live on SS and don't seem to have any savings.
He still wasn't interested :facepalm:

I asked my neighbor if he had gotten his, he said he didn't order any.
I emphasized they were FREE , as he and his wife live on SS and don't seem to have any savings.
He still wasn't interested :facepalm:

Or how about "no cost to order" since they certainly aren't free.

Or how about "no cost to order" since they certainly aren't free.

Yup. When we go to the all-inclusive resort with the kids I make sure they know stuff isn't "free", it's "included". In this case, courtesy of the taxpayers.

Oh, and we haven't received ours either.

We ordered ours on the first day they could be ordered and finally got them yesterday.

I ordered mine on the day before they officially could be ordered. At 1:30am this morning, I received an email saying they are on the way to be delivered by Feb. 14th. Then at 8:00am, I received another email saying they were "out for delivery" to be delivered today. The package also showed up in my daily Informed Delivery email. Yay, the process is working!

HOWEVER, a little after 10:00, I was sitting in my office like usual tinkering on the computer and I watched my mail woman drive up to my mail box like usual. But she only put in a small envelope (something else that I knew was coming because of my Informed Delivery). That was it. She drove off. I immediately put my shoes on and went out and double checked the mail box. Nothing else. She was out of site by this time.

I figured, oh, the tracking might be off. There have been times where it says "out for delivery" and then it doesn't show up till the following day. I assumed that was going to happen. Then I looked at my the tracking info sent in the emails. They indicate my package was delivered "In/At Mailbox" at 10:23am. Ugh. I can only assume it went in someone else's mail box.

I happened to need to go into the post office to mail a couple packages myself. So an hour later or so I did just that. I took the tracking info and asked what they could do. They confirmed it showed as delivered. The supervisor was "out on the street". The desk agent couldn't do anything except take my phone number and promise that the supervisor will look into it. I won't hold my breath.

So, likely, no free covid tests for me.

We ordered on the 18th of January and received them (Abbott BinaxNow) today in Florida. Therefore I can remove my complaint #1 of 17.

I was expecting a certified mail package. After not receiving it, I looked up the tracking number. It said that delivery had been attempted the day before, no one was home, and a notice was left. Well, I was home all day and there was no notice left.

I went to the parcel pickup window at the post office. The supervisor was actually running this window so I told him the whole thing. He got this funny tight-lipped look and without saying a word went in the back and got my package and then just said "sign here." No explanation at all to me although from the look on his face the carrier may have gotten a talking to.

I ordered mine the first or second day and it arrived today. Good timing- I went to a family funeral over the weekend in "I-don't-need-no-stinkin'-mask" country in N. Iowa- a very well-attended funeral with dinner after the calling hours and lunch after the funeral the next morning. I was glad to be there with DDIL (her father had died at age 69 after a 2-year fight with colon cancer) but I have an in-person meeting 7-9 PM tomorrow and continuing from 9 to 3 Saturday. I feel fine but WILL be testing before I go and joining virtually if I'm positive.

Still no tests

Still can't remove my #2 of 17 complaint. Still no tests here after ordering on January 18. I live in Virginia. I know umpteen people who ordered tests after me and received theirs weeks ago. Very annoyed I had to go out last week and buy two tests for $25.99 to use before I visited my under 5 (unvaccinated) grandchildren last week.

I ordered on the first day and still don't have even a tracking number.

Not a big deal; still have some tests I bought at Walmart when they were less than $8 each. I'm sure the free tests will show up eventually.

I ordered our tests from the USPS on 1/18 and received them on 2/7. Yesterday I received 6 homes tests that I ordered on my insurance since there is no charge for 8 tests per month. I will take along a couple of packages of tests when we leave for our big ski road trip in 8 days.
I gave some tests to my youngest daughter since she didn't have any. My oldest daughter has plenty of home tests since she is a teacher and they give them to her at school.

I ordered on the first day and still don't have even a tracking number.

Not a big deal; still have some tests I bought at Walmart when they were less than $8 each. I'm sure the free tests will show up eventually.

I never got emailed a notification nor a tracking number. Just noticed that Informed Delivery said I had a package arriving from US DEPT HHS that same day, and that was the tests.

I ordered mine on the day before they officially could be ordered. At 1:30am this morning, I received an email saying they are on the way to be delivered by Feb. 14th. Then at 8:00am, I received another email saying they were "out for delivery" to be delivered today. The package also showed up in my daily Informed Delivery email. Yay, the process is working!

HOWEVER, a little after 10:00, I was sitting in my office like usual tinkering on the computer and I watched my mail woman drive up to my mail box like usual. But she only put in a small envelope (something else that I knew was coming because of my Informed Delivery). That was it. She drove off. I immediately put my shoes on and went out and double checked the mail box. Nothing else. She was out of site by this time.

I figured, oh, the tracking might be off. There have been times where it says "out for delivery" and then it doesn't show up till the following day. I assumed that was going to happen. Then I looked at my the tracking info sent in the emails. They indicate my package was delivered "In/At Mailbox" at 10:23am. Ugh. I can only assume it went in someone else's mail box.

I happened to need to go into the post office to mail a couple packages myself. So an hour later or so I did just that. I took the tracking info and asked what they could do. They confirmed it showed as delivered. The supervisor was "out on the street". The desk agent couldn't do anything except take my phone number and promise that the supervisor will look into it. I won't hold my breath.

So, likely, no free covid tests for me.

The scanner they use records the GPS location where it was delivered and only the supervisor can access that info. Has happened to me twice with lost packages.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom