What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that reminds me. It's almost time to make my $2 cash contribution to that political party's candidate in a BIL's name that he loathes, despises, detests, etc., thus ensuring that he's flooded with solicitations until next November.>:D

That's cruel, but funny! LOL!! :LOL:

Remote controls that make battery replacement a difficult chore because batteries and/or battery cover are too darn tight fitting :facepalm:.

Mentioned before, but peeved again, is dog owners not picking up their dogs poop!
Lady walking her dog, on her phone, dog does his thing on our lawn. She's looking at her phone, hum de dum. I knock on the window and startle her, and she "notices" what the dog is doing, cleans up. She would have walked away if I hadn't.
Can't tell you how many signs on lawns around here, reminding people to clean up. There are dog bags at both ends of the neighborhood by the parks, easy to grab one on your walk if you don't have one!

Things People Say:

Does it bug anyone else to no end when people say things such as this (& others)?

- "having said that" or "with that being said"
- "moving forward"

I could go on but I'll stop here. Phrases such as these say nothing, they're beyond worn-out and are always (to me) a failed attempt of the person saying them, to look important or sound sophisticated. Just shut-up and talk!

Phrases such as these say nothing, they're beyond worn-out and are always (to me) a failed attempt of the person saying them, to look important or sound sophisticated. Just shut-up and talk!

"So, in other words......" :LOL:

Does it bug anyone else to no end when people say things such as this (& others)?

- "moving forward"

I could go on but I'll stop here. Phrases such as these say nothing, they're beyond worn-out and are always (to me) a failed attempt of the person saying them, to look important or sound sophisticated. Just shut-up and talk!

No.

..........There are dog bags at both ends of the neighborhood by the parks, easy to grab one on your walk if you don't have one!
You don't understand. Those are for "other people's" dogs.

OK, this is not a huge world problem, but it IS a peeve. Why do all (99%) of the ads in magazines, for restaurants insist on showing a plate of food, with 3 or 4 different food items ** piled one on top of the other.** Big blob of mashed potatoes. On top of the mashed potatoes is a hamburger. On top of the hamburger is a few green beans. Are we supposed to be wowed by the originality and creativity involved? Especially when there is zero originality since every other ad looks the same? Different food items, but still piled on top of one another. Blechhhh! .... Rant over, on to solving bigger problems, lol.

+1

Worse is when it is served that way! Why would I want my creamy coleslaw all over my BBQ Pork sandwich. It makes the entire thing a soggy mess. And ruins the taste of both the slaw and the pork.

Don't get me started on putting a scoop of ice cream on a warm slice of pie. Yuk!

- "moving forward"

It does not bother me. My opinion is that it shows a nuanced thinker, somebody who is not wedded to one doctrine, right or wrong.

Having said that, sometimes they're just weasel words from somebody who does not want to take a stand.

Last edited:

- "moving forward"

Absolutely... especially when a simple "however" would do. :D

Get ready for the constant deluge of political solicitations. :LOL:

Yep. DW sent a donation. Now they got my name too aka 'MR' and the mailbox, smart phones, etc.

heh heh heh - Can ER Forum be next? - pop up ad. :LOL: :facepalm:

Trying to enter the grocery store today some guy was blocking the entrance with his cart while he perused the rack of home finder magazines (in the days of the internet those are worse than useless, but that’s beside the point). “Excuse me,” I say. “Ahem, excuse me?” “EXCUSE ME??” Clueless. I finally moved his empty cart out of the way myself, which prompted him to yell at me. I hate people.

Trying to enter the grocery store today some guy was blocking the entrance with his cart while he perused the rack of home finder magazines (in the days of the internet those are worse than useless, but that’s beside the point). “Excuse me,” I say. “Ahem, excuse me?” “EXCUSE ME??” Clueless. I finally moved his empty cart out of the way myself, which prompted him to yell at me. I hate people.

You don't hate people, you just hate idiots.:rolleyes:

Trying to enter the grocery store today some guy was blocking the entrance with his cart while he perused the rack of home finder magazines (in the days of the internet those are worse than useless, but that’s beside the point). “Excuse me,” I say. “Ahem, excuse me?” “EXCUSE ME??” .

I would have just started putting stuff in his cart.

Expensive things....

The FIRE TV stick and cube remotes particularly.

They aren't hard to remove, if you remember how! I have the Fire stick remote in my hand and can slide it open with just my thumb. The first time I put the batteries in, I thought it was impossible, a year from now, when the batteries need replacing, I'll probably find it impossible again. But, if you remember how, it's a one thumb operation.

We are at the airport. I left my bags at the gate with DH while I went to the restroom. I came back to find three people sitting right next to him, despite the rest of the area being almost empty.

(Nothing special about our seats: no charger or other need to be in these specific seats)

We are at the airport. I left my bags at the gate with DH while I went to the restroom. I came back to find three people sitting right next to him, despite the rest of the area being almost empty.

(Nothing special about our seats: no charger or other need to be in these specific seats)

Herd instinct?

I wonder what would have happened if you had placed one of your bags on the seat itself. I know hindsight is 20/20 but that might have made them reconsider their seating choices or at least should have. No, there was no way you could have seen this coming.

Last edited:
I wonder what would have happened if you had placed one of your bags on the seat itself. I know hindsight is 20/20 but that might have made them reconsider their seating choices or at least should have. No, there was no way you could have seen this coming.

I did. DH has the end seat and I had my backpack on the seat next to him in a row of five seats. Three women sat in the three remaining seats.

If the area was more crowded, it would have been acceptable to use the three empty seats. I just don’t understand sitting in the same row when there were ten absolutely empty rows available.

The same has happened to us on an empty beach. No one on the beach but our group of six. Along comes another group and sets up six feet from me. In that case, I looked directly at them and said “Are you kidding me?” and pointedly moved my away. On a crowded summer day in Ocean City NJ, six feet of space would be a luxury. But on a Tuesday in October, there is plenty of room for privacy.

The same has happened to us on an empty beach. No one on the beach but our group of six. Along comes another group and sets up six feet from me..

In 1969 my first wife & I were in Torremolinos......we got to the beach early and were the only ones there. Shortly thereafter an English couple came and sat about an inch and a half behind us..(the beach was still empty).

As with airport departure areas, I suspect that new arrivals opt to sit close to those they consider 'least repulsive' at that moment, on the basis that, if they sit in a vacant area they have no control over who subsequently sits next to them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom