What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pillows. I cannot find the right pillow, must have tried 10 different styles, brands, shapes, sizes. It's becoming a pet peeve.

I did. DH has the end seat and I had my backpack on the seat next to him in a row of five seats. Three women sat in the three remaining seats.

If the area was more crowded, it would have been acceptable to use the three empty seats. I just don’t understand sitting in the same row when there were ten absolutely empty rows available.

The same has happened to us on an empty beach. No one on the beach but our group of six. Along comes another group and sets up six feet from me. In that case, I looked directly at them and said “Are you kidding me?” and pointedly moved my away. On a crowded summer day in Ocean City NJ, six feet of space would be a luxury. But on a Tuesday in October, there is plenty of room for privacy.
I hear you. That's why I go out in front of my house and pose for the paparazzi every morning. So that they'll give me a little more privacy for the rest of the day.

Does it bug anyone else to no end when people say things such as this (& others)?

- "having said that" or "with that being said"
- "moving forward"
"To be honest with you..." Oh, you weren't being honest before?

DH decided to join a political lobbying organization. He made a donation and paid with PayPal. But the PayPal account has my name on it and today the membership card came and it’s in my name!

I never put my name on anything political and I never allow myself to be assigned to any party. And now this group has ME as a paying member!

I’ve contacted the member services department and told them this MUST BE CHANGED. In the meantime, I feel like I have an ugly label on my back.

It’s not that I disagree with this group. It’s that I’m a private person and I’m careful about where my name is used. I won’t even give a review on an Amazon purchase because I don’t like my name out in public.

Arrrrrhhhh!

It's been a week since I emailed this organization. I also tried calling but you have to leave a message and it cut me off before I was done with the info. So I used Twitter and sent them a direct message. That must have gotten their attention because they finally found the email and responded. I asked them to correct this and send me confirmation when it's completed. Also, REMOVE MY NAME from all of their lists!

In some news sites the "Ten things to know for today". A few times I looked at them, none had any relevance to my life.

You can't get through to a person on somebody's call routing automation, so you leave message asking them the specific question you need answered. It's a simple thing needing a yes or no or confirming an appointment time. They call back when you're out. They leave a message that does not at all address you question and asks you to call them back at the same number you couldn't get them on in the first place.

Just started Medicare on Mar 1, I've been anticipating my Planet Fitness membership that comes with my Plan G for a few weeks. So today I signed up. Got dressed, took my phone and bluetooth headset, jumped on a treadmill, started my podcast and, it won't load! Then I notice my signal strength is very low. There is not enough signal in the building to stream a podcast. I'm ticked, I really enjoy listening while I exercise.
I may stretch the peeve out the rest of the week! :blush:

Just started Medicare on Mar 1, I've been anticipating my Planet Fitness membership that comes with my Plan G for a few weeks. So today I signed up. Got dressed, took my phone and bluetooth headset, jumped on a treadmill, started my podcast and, it won't load! Then I notice my signal strength is very low. There is not enough signal in the building to stream a podcast. I'm ticked, I really enjoy listening while I exercise.
I may stretch the peeve out the rest of the week! :blush:

See if they have wi-fi or try moving to a treadmill closest to window.

My peeve for the day, Florida law states the following

Solid White Line

A solid white line marks the edge of the roadway or separates lanes of traffic moving in the same direction.
You may travel in the same direction on both sides of this line,r
[SIZE=+1] but you should not cross the line[/SIZE] unless you must do so to avoid a hazard.

I think we all know that.
But the state is now making you do that.
Click image to enlarge.

Attachments

• White line.jpg
    White line.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 108
This has been a peeve of mine for a very, very long time.

No matter what I am doing on the computer, what program I am in or even what screen I am on, whenever I open up the calculator program it will ALWAYS open the popup box right on top of the numbers I am trying to use.

Never fails.

No peeve today, but it occurred to me that I can go around saying "OK Boomer".......if I can clear these young punks off my lawn.

No matter what I am doing on the computer, what program I am in or even what screen I am on, whenever I open up the calculator program it will ALWAYS open the popup box right on top of the numbers I am trying to use.

Never fails.
This was a peeve of my DH. He wrote an AutoIt program that allows us to save the desired position of any program. It is working very well for us, although he is a perfectionist and is still tweaking it.

Never fails.
You can move the calculator to a corner of the screen, and it will open there the next time. I move mine to lower right corner. Also try sizing it as small as possible.

When people refer to a couple as being pregnant as opposed to the woman being pregnant... "Did you hear that Mark and Suzie are pregnant?" Or Suzie will say "We are pregnant." A couple cannot be pregnant, only a woman can be pregnant.

Last edited:
When people refer to a couple as being pregnant as opposed to the woman being pregnant... "Did you hear that Mark and Suzie are pregnant?" A couple cannot be pregnant, only a woman can be pregnant.

"Oh, that's sooooo 2019." :LOL:

"Oh, that's sooooo 2019." :LOL:
Political correctness has run amok. It is a biological fact that a couple cannot be pregnant, only a woman can be pregnant, and yet political correctness now demands that we change our language to say something that is not true. Why?

Political correctness has run amok. It is a biological fact that a couple cannot be pregnant, only a woman can be pregnant, and yet political correctness now demands that we change our language to say something that is not true. Why?

For some (long) time now I've thought that the 'individuals', (and I use the term loosely because I consider them part of a Borg-like collective where deviation from the party line is forbidden), promoting what I think of as 'Inanity Insanity' have never encountered real problems, so they are reduced to looking under their beds for windmills to tilt at.

Your posted example is just one of many I'm afraid.

"Sancho Panza please call home, the Don needs you."

Last edited:
For some (long) time now I've thought that the 'individuals', (and I use the term loosely because I consider them part of a Borg-like collective where deviation from the party line is forbidden), promoting what I think of as 'Inanity Insanity' have never encountered real problems, so they are reduced to looking under their beds for windmills to tilt at.

Your posted example is just one of many I'm afraid.
I understand what you are saying and I agree, but what windmill are they tilting at in this case?

I understand what you are saying and I agree, but what windmill are they tilting at in this case?

My own thought(s) is that it's an ongoing process of 'softening up' - the more ludicrous the concept that the majority 'accept', then the more vulnerable they/we are to even more nonsensical claims.......this particular Domino Theory appears to be working........it's like rolling a carpet down a steep flight of stairs.

Solid White Line

A solid white line marks the edge of the roadway or separates lanes of traffic moving in the same direction.
[SIZE=+1] but you should not cross the line[/SIZE] unless you must do so to avoid a hazard.

Click image to enlarge.
No they aren't. You should enter the right turn lane at the very start of it, just before your leftmost red arrow. Not later. Certainly not at your rightmost red arrow. You should also not bail out of that turn lane and return to the thru traffic lane once you are in.

The practicality is that many people will enter the turn lane a little later, but it shouldn't be very much into the solid line.

Solid White Line;
All rules of the road are merely suggestions from what I've seen. Especially speed limits. At best, folks pick and choose which rules are valid and therefore adhered to and which are ignored. Right turn on a red, for example, is another suggestion. Stopping while a pedestrian is in a crosswalk another. Most will go through once the pedestrian is out of their way, but the rule is to wait until they are completely clear of the cross walk so other drivers can see there there may be someone they can't see is crossing. Jaywalking, another suggestion. Seat belts. Every rule, a suggestion only.

Solid White Line

Click image to enlarge.

I agree with RunningBum, you might have a case with a different example but not this one...

I bet there were problems with people backing up at the light and they designed a special turn lane to take care of that... and they made it LONG... to try and prevent late lane changes they put in a solid white line... makes perfect sense to me...

Also, I bet there are many people who think they can get a jump by going down the turn lane and jumping into the thru lane at the end... even with the white line..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom