What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

First episode of Landscapers (hbo) is intriguing. But then I will watch Olivia Colman in anything.

The Tower, on Brit Box. Another well written tight police drama involving a horrible incident(crime?) and the cover up by involved corrupt police officers.
This well paced short (3 episode) drama has a believable story line, good acting and the usual British police characters. The only thing missing is Hastings and the crew from AC12 and Line of Duty.
Worth the watch!

Half way into season 2 of Ted Lasso on Apple TV.
I am really enjoying the positive theme of the show, very well written and the characters are so good.
Retired footballer Roy Kent is just fantastic!!
Also just finished The Morning Show. Season 1 was great and season 2 was pretty good with some great moments.
DW and I did enjoy the fact that villa in Italy where Mitch Kessler (Steve Carrell) is staying, is actually the school our DDs attended here in Socal.

Last edited:

Time Team - Archeology reality series. Team using advanced archeological techniques have a weekend to solve the mysteries of each site. Liked it much but there is only one season on Tubi and I can't figure out where to buy the rest of the seasons (there are at least 8).

Looks like it is also on Amazon Prime. I'll check it out.

First episode of Landscapers (hbo) is intriguing. But then I will watch Olivia Colman in anything.

Same.

Just started season 4 of The Crown.

Never watched any of the previous seasons.

DW and I just finished watching Season 1 of Hit and Run on Netflix. Very good thriller-type series. But, we were very disappointed to discover that it had been cancelled by Netflix and there would be no Season 2. The producers obviously had hoped for another season and there was a major cliffhanger at the end of Season 1. I think I’d have preferred to not have watched at all rather than have it end on the middle of the story.

Just started watching El Chapo. We had previously binge watched Ozark, Narcos Columbia and Narcos Mexico. (Drugs really are the root of all evil). While there are many crossovers between Narcos and El Chapo, it’s getting to accept the new actors playing the same characters that takes a bit of getting used to.

Anyway, thoroughly enjoying all these series.

Final episode season 3 of Succession was great. Sad it’s over until season 4. This show is sickening, sad, hilarious, shocking, and riveting. But I do feel the need for a shower after watching.

We are watching Dalgliesh on Acorn streaming (subscribed through Amazon Prime). This is a new adaptation of some PD James novels. Well done.

DW and I just finished watching Season 1 of Hit and Run on Netflix. Very good thriller-type series. But, we were very disappointed to discover that it had been cancelled by Netflix and there would be no Season 2. The producers obviously had hoped for another season and there was a major cliffhanger at the end of Season 1. I think I’d have preferred to not have watched at all rather than have it end on the middle of the story.

Txtig,
Agreed, was a very good and compelling story with lots of twists. Very disappointed that they bailed on Season 2!

If you want to give those same producers a chance, check out Fauda on Netflix. Has the same actor starring as the lead and it is an excellent portrayal of the conflict between Israelis and Palestinians and the ingenious ways they try to outsmart each other in attacks and thwarting attacks. There are at least 3 seasons (I’ve been finished for awhile so I forget) and they are producing another season.

+1 for Fauda

“Fauda” is an Arabic word meaning “chaos”, but it is also, apparently, a term that Israeli special forces use when a mission goes wrong.

I'm enjoying 2 half-hour series on Hulu (Hulu Originals):

- "Only Murders in the Building" - stars Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez, investigating a murder in their NYC apartment building, while producing a podcast about their adventures. Good fun, best I've seen from Steve Martin in a while.

- "High Fidelity" - romantic comedy centered on a record shop owner and her quirky employees. I suppose it's very loosely based on / inspired by the movie High Fidelity.

Final episode season 3 of Succession was great. Sad it’s over until season 4. This show is sickening, sad, hilarious, shocking, and riveting. But I do feel the need for a shower after watching.
We have finished third from last episode of season 4 and you will not be disappointed.

We have finished third from last episode of season 4 and you will not be disappointed.
You must be a time-traveler. There are only 3 seasons.

I’m glad to hear season 4 will be good someday. But I think you’re referring to season 3. [emoji4]

Finished last season of Lost in Space.
Watched both seasons of Ted Lasso, very cute.
Of course, Succession.
Just started Landscapers.
All worth watching.
Will check out Season 2 of the Witcher. Anything with horses, I am on board!

What new series are you watching?

I’m looking forward to “Around The World In 80 Days” on PBS Masterpiece in January.

Moone Boy on hulu.

Comedy-drama created, co-written by and co-starring Chris O'Dowd - the semi-autobiographical story of his childhood in Ireland.

Light-hearted and funny. Watch one episode and see.

Back
Top Bottom