What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Finished the Following and started season 2 of the Shooter. Good but not crazy of all the flashbacks.

Just finished Fargo season 2, Liked season 1 better but interesting with Ted Danson in season 2.

Almost at the end of Better Call Saul, season 3. Could not get DW into it even though it’s far less violent then Beaking Bad.

Just finished Fargo season 2, Liked season 1 better but interesting with Ted Danson in season 2.

Saw it’s on Amazon and will give it a try. Thanks.

Postscript: not free with Prime

Last edited:
The Americans on Prime. Love it so far.

I tried to get into it first time around on FX but it was on at 10 pm. I would record it sometimes but never found time to watch.

Haven't watched yet as I need to re-watch the season first, but the finale movie for Sense8 is available on Netflix. I was pretty unhappy they killed the show, although I understood the cost analysis reason. I hope they close it out well.

These aren't necessarily "new", since they are foreign series, but here are a few on Netflix that we really enjoyed and highly recommend:

Dark - a German sci-fi/time travel series. Very convoluted plot lines but the time travel part was interestingly done. After watching each episode, DH and I would spend another half hour talking it through or re watching previous episodes to see if we could predict what had happened/would happen next. Very addictive, can't wait for season 2 (hope there will be one)

Casa de Papel/Money Heist - a Spanish heist caper that was just really fun to watch. The entire story is fully told in the 2 seasons that are already out on Netflix, so no cliffhanger or waiting on any more seasons.

Completely agree with previous recommendations of Peaky Blinders. Great show and extremely well-acted.

Also, thanks to those on this thread who recommended The Detectorists. There aren't too many shows that are made with this much heart these days. I loved all 3 seasons and would never have heard of this show if not for this forum, so thanks all!

Watching season two of Goliath and it is very very good. A la Game of Thrones the question is who dies - and they aren't shy about whacking the good uns. Watch season one first.

We started watching something on Acorn called “Keeping Faith” I think, and are on the last episode. Loving husband disappears, wife’s life is torn apart. It’s terrible imo; the female protagonist’s hair should have an agent. Don’t watch it.

Watching season two of Goliath and it is very very good. A la Game of Thrones the question is who dies - and they aren't shy about whacking the good uns. Watch season one first.

I watched Season 1 of Goliath and I thought it was very well done. I can't wait to start on Season 2.

Yellowstone on the Paramount channel, made the cut for me. I was surprised to see Kevin Costner in a cable TV series.

She is a great actress and I loved Unforgotten too. If you liked Unforgotten, you would enjoy River. She was superb in it too.

Another Nicola Walker fan here - just finished Season 2 of Unforgotten. Where did you find River?

I just discovered this thread and have skimmed about 5 pages back. We are big fans of Brit/Irish/Scottish/Welch/Aussie/Kiwi series. An Aussie series we have watched (5 seasons worth, I think) is A Place to Call Home. I believe we first saw it on PBS and have since gotten it from the library. Didn't see it mentioned as I skimmed but may have missed it. Long, intertwined story of an aristocratic Aussie family shortly after the end of WW2. Romance, intrigue, class struggle, politics, Nazis, murder, other crimes, sex (both hetero- and homo-) and more - this one has it all!

Another one from Down Under I haven't seen mentioned is 800 Words, a romantic comedy/drama about an Australian widower who moves from Sydney to a small town in NZ with his 2 teenagers to start a new life. Funny but serious. Missed it when it was on PBS but got it from the library.

Another Nicola Walker fan here - just finished Season 2 of Unforgotten. Where did you find River?
I watched it on Netflix. I hope it's still there.

Where did you find Season 2 of Unforgotten?

DH surprisingly couldn't get into the premise of River so we didn't make it very far into that series. I'll give it another try maybe.

What new series are you watching?

We watched an older one called State of Play on Britbox that was a cross between a murder and journalism show. It was very good.

We watched Evil Genius, a documentary about the Pizza bomber bank robber. It was excellent.
And then we watched Mum on Britbox, which is a odd comedy. I loved it, my husband hated it.

And last, we both loved No Offence on Acorn. It’s a police show with a little outrageous behavior, and some great female actors!

Our library came through with season 2 of Unforgotten and we watched the first 3 (of six, 45 minutes each) episodes last night. I think it might be better than season 1, which was pretty darned good.

Enjoying Succession on HBO and Sharp Objects, also on HBO, which just started this week.

Back
Top Bottom