What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

I watched the first episode of "Barkskins" on Nat Geo, about the settlers of New France in the late 1600s. It's based on the novel by Annie Proulx.

It looks like it will be interesting, but I did find it helpful to turn on the closed captions.

I watched the first episode of "Barkskins" on Nat Geo, about the settlers of New France in the late 1600s. It's based on the novel by Annie Proulx.

It looks like it will be interesting, but I did find it helpful to turn on the closed captions.
I read "The Shipping News"; Annie Proulx can tell an engaging tale

Space Force! Willing to believe it's not too far off. Main character is a good man, sworn to protect the constitution, a good father, an animal lover, and sure that the Air Force answer to a problem is a bomb. If that's not the answer then a really big bomb is.

Also a fan of What we do in the Shadows. Vampires vs the internet and modern life.

Nobody has watched Little Fires Everywhere on Netflix yet (Reese Witherspoon (Big Little Lies, etc) and Kerry Washington (Scandal))? It was excellent - great acting with great storylines. The show is set in the 90s, but what's depicted there is more than relevant in today's society. A lot of issues are being addressed.

Watching Home Coming Season 2 on Prime now. (Julia Roberts was the star in Season 1.)

Last edited:
Space Force! Willing to believe it's not too far off. Main character is a good man, sworn to protect the constitution, a good father, an animal lover, and sure that the Air Force answer to a problem is a bomb. If that's not the answer then a really big bomb is.

Also a fan of What we do in the Shadows. Vampires vs the internet and modern life.

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Space Force last night. Timely and great cast.

just finished season 1 of Star Trek: Picard. muy bueno! can't wait for S2.

and what we're not watching is Hightown. after 1 full episode and 5-min into #2 we turned it off and canceled the upcoming recordings.

Last edited:
Just watched the first 2 episodes of Space Force last night. Timely and great cast.

Watched the first episode, I'm a big Steve Carell fan but didn't get into this one. Maybe it's all the years I worked for the military but his character is so far out there it didn't come across as funny.

Nobody has watched Little Fires Everywhere on Netflix yet (Reese Witherspoon (Big Little Lies, etc) and Kerry Washington (Scandal))? It was excellent - great acting with great storylines. The show is set in the 90s, but what's depicted there is more than relevant in today's society. A lot of issues are being addressed.

Watching Home Coming Season 2 on Prime now. (Julia Roberts was the star in Season 1.)

Re Little Fires, yes that is excellent. I'm only about half way through though, it's not a relaxing show so I'm taking it slow.

Thanks for the heads up on homecoming, gonna have to start season 2!

Watched the first episode, I'm a big Steve Carell fan but didn't get into this one. Maybe it's all the years I worked for the military but his character is so far out there it didn't come across as funny.

Well this might mean there is hope for me, as I never found the Office good enough to watch, and I tried various episodes. :flowers:

Well this might mean there is hope for me, as I never found the Office good enough to watch, and I tried various episodes. :flowers:
+1. The Office was so not funny it was painful to watch. we suffered through a couple of episodes and then quit. gave Steve C in The 40-yr Old Virgin another chance but that was just as bad. hollywood seems to have forgotten how to do comedy.

+1. The Office was so not funny it was painful to watch. we suffered through a couple of episodes and then quit.

I also didn't see the humor and couldn't get past the first episode. I thought maybe it was because it was too close to home for a guy who had recently retired to find funny, but it appears that may not have been the reason.

The Wine Show.
Matthew Rhys and Matthew Goode drink wine.

I would watch either of those two, particularly Matthew Goode, literally just sit on the screen and do nothing for 30 minutes, add wine and it sounds like an absolute gift.

So now I just have to figure out where I can stream that.

The voice of the actor playing Doron in Fauda and the dubbed voice are way different. The actor's voice is better.

I finished Season 1 of Fauda and enjoyed it. I have enjoyed glimpses of various areas around Palestine (I have never visited, and probably never will). It seems rather arid. I enjoy visiting arid and semi-arid places but wouldn't want to live in a dry climate - water is life, no? I sit on my porch here in Florida and admire the infinite shades of blue and green and call myself lucky. However, feel free to check back with me on this if a hurricane strikes my area this summer. :) :hide:

In season 3 the action takes place on the Gaza strip. You see the ocean then.

I think there was talk about trying to build some fancy resort out there:

Israel’s intelligence and transport minister has long pushed the idea of an artificial island off the coast of the Gaza Strip, with plans for a port, cargo terminal and even an airport to boost the territory’s economy and connect it to the world.

But now the minister, Israel Katz, has released a slick, high-production video setting out his proposal in more detail, complete with a dramatic, English-speaking narration, colorful graphics and stirring music. [ Video here: here ]

“The artificial island initiative is aimed at providing an answer to a reality that is bad for the Palestinians and not good for Israel,” says the narrator, acknowledging that the aim is in part to change the view that Israel is to blame for the deteriorating circumstances of Gaza’s two million people.

The Islamist militant group Hamas has controlled Gaza for the past decade, during which time Israel and neighboring Egypt have maintained a tight blockade, restricting the flow of goods and people in and out, in part to pressure Hamas.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...the-mediterranean-just-off-gaza-idUSKBN19J1XW

In the past year or two, I've seen commercials trying to show how glamorous Tel Aviv is, with plenty of views of coastal areas.

In another season, they go to some city near the West Bank border and it's another coastal area with high-rises lining up along the oceanfront.

I'm sure Tel Aviv is very beautiful as most parts of the Mediterranean are. And Lebanese Mediterranean coast used to be a playground for global travelers, usually well-off, in the first half of the 20th century.

I’d like to see Little Fires but didn’t find it on Netflix. Is that a Hulu title?

I got halfway through the book and liked it a lot but the library reclaimed the copy!

In another [Fauda] season, they go to some city near the West Bank border and it's another coastal area with high-rises lining up along the oceanfront. I'm sure Tel Aviv is very beautiful as most parts of the Mediterranean are. And Lebanese Mediterranean coast used to be a playground for global travelers, usually well-off, in the first half of the 20th century.

Great - something to look forward to! :dance:

I have extensive experience with a Mediterranean climate (Nice, France and vicinity), and yes, it can be delightful. :popcorn:

For Star Trek fans --I have subscribed to CBS All Access for the past month and watched one season of Picard and 2 seasons of Discovery and loved all of it, I highly recommend. What great escapism. Live long and prosper.

So happy to read this. I don't find that kind of humor amusing. My granddaughter and her husband love that show as does my son. They sometimes quote lines from the show.

I’d like to see Little Fires but didn’t find it on Netflix. Is that a Hulu title?

I got halfway through the book and liked it a lot but the library reclaimed the copy!

yup hulu

just finished season 1 of Star Trek: Picard. muy bueno! can't wait for S2.

and what we're not watching is Hightown. after 1 full episode and 5-min into #2 we turned it off and canceled the upcoming recordings.

100% agree with you on Hightown. Stopped watching after the 1st episode.

Sorry, I watched it on Netflix, but I'm in Canada. I guess it's on Hulu in the US...

Just a warning - Season 2 was directed by someone else, and it was not very good. I do recommend Season 1, however.

Last edited:
Sweet Magnolias on NetFlix and Season 3 of Magic for Humans

Seasons should not be allowed to end as Sweet Magnolias does.

The tricks that Justin Williams pulls off on Magic for Humans are crazy.

cd :O)

Back
Top Bottom