What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Heartland series Netflix (Gem Canada)

16 seasons of Hallmark level content placed within every aspect of equestrian life you can imagine, on the edge of the Canadian Rockies.

I notice a lot of people on here start and stop the subscriptions or free trials. how complicated does that get? hard to do or does it automatically stop at the end of the trial?

I notice a lot of people on here start and stop the subscriptions or free trials. how complicated does that get? hard to do or does it automatically stop at the end of the trial?

It's not too complicated. It does not automatically stop at the end of the trial. Oh no! They are banking on you forgetting to cancel so they can start hitting up your credit card for monthly subscription fees.

As soon as I sign up for a subscription I put a "tickler" entry in my phone's calendar app a couple of days prior to the free trial ending. Then I can decide if I want to cancel or let it continue.

As soon as I sign up for a subscription I put a "tickler" entry in my phone's calendar app a couple of days prior to the free trial ending. Then I can decide if I want to cancel or let it continue.

I have a spreadsheet

As soon as I sign up and get confirmation, I immediately cancel. You still get the free service for whatever term was offered. So far every service has been super easy to cancel, unlike trying to cancel cable TV :banghead:

Same here. I cancel as soon as I subscribe. Some streaming services give you another free month after a year.

I've watched a few episodes of the new Greek series Maestro in Blue on Netflix. I googled whether romance between older men and younger women is "a thing" in modern Greek culture - don't know. The island of Paxos looks charming. I was on Corfu many years ago but don't recall considering a side trip to Paxos. What's it like living in a country where the alphabet of the primary language consists entirely of mathematical symbols? :D

Criminal on Netflix.

It's a four-part series; 3 episodes in each part: Criminal UK, Criminal Spain, Criminal France, and Criminal Germany.

I watched all of the UK episodes yesterday. Very well done. I will probably watch Germany next.

Just binged Criminal UK. Very good and you can knock it out in a day or two. How do the France, Germany and Spain versions compare?

The Stranger, one of the Harlan Coben adaptations on Netflix, was really good too with some good plot twists.

Just started You on Netflix. Liking it so far.

Starting watching 2nd season of Carnival Row. I like it if you can get past the fantasy aspect of the story. The writing style is very interesting when you attach the human emotions of a class structure that is determined by birth.

Starting watching 2nd season of Carnival Row. I like it if you can get past the fantasy aspect of the story. The writing style is very interesting when you attach the human emotions of a class structure that is determined by birth.

We just finished 2nd season. Really liked it, fantasy with a different take on class structure. There won't be a season 3 as it was very expensive to produce. Unfortunately, not enough viewers.

Watching The Ark on the SciFi channel. First 5 episodes are out with a total of 12. Interesting and a bit sad that negative human behaviors always come up. I guess evolution and civilization can only take us humans so far. Lots of plots and sub plots.

Watching The Ark on the SciFi channel. First 5 episodes are out with a total of 12. Interesting and a bit sad that negative human behaviors always come up. I guess evolution and civilization can only take us humans so far. Lots of plots and sub plots.
I'm watching this and I'm pretty sure they're on episode 8 now. The concept is excellent, the execution has been OK. Then, a couple episodes ago there was a major plot twist which really made the storyline interesting.

I will keep watching as it is engaging, but I was expecting more from the creator of Stargate.

Started watching Rabbit/Hole on Paramount+ yesterday (first day available).

Stars Kiefer Sutherland. It is not 24, but has some similarities. Lots of twists, desperate man doing desperate things, and moles seem to be everywhere.

Succession S4 started last night (HBO). Please don't even hint or say any/good/bad things as I'm going to be behind!

I recommend starting from S1 if you're new to the show, and perhaps rewatching some if you're returning to it.

Many suggested 'Yellowstone' before - I just now got to watch it on Peacock - Thump up, great scripts great acting.

We've been watching "Shrinking" - a comedy series on AppleTV. We weren't sure about it at first, but wow, we both now find ourselves cracking up watching it. Great writing!

DH finished the first season of the Perry Mason prequel series and thought it was excellent. What bits I saw it looked very dramatic and well produced.

I watch "The Night Agent" on netflix the other night and its a good show.

Started watching Rabbit/Hole on Paramount+ yesterday (first day available).

Stars Kiefer Sutherland. It is not 24, but has some similarities. Lots of twists, desperate man doing desperate things, and moles seem to be everywhere.

We are enjoying it too. It's a combination of Burn Notice and 24. We liked both of those shows.

We are enjoying it too. It's a combination of Burn Notice and 24. We liked both of those shows.

Now I know I've got to watch Rabbit Hole. Burn Notice and 24 are two of my top 20 TV shows, probably top 10.

We've been watching "Shrinking" - a comedy series on AppleTV. We weren't sure about it at first, but wow, we both now find ourselves cracking up watching it. Great writing!

I should give this another chance as it didn’t grab me with the first episode. BTW, one of the creators is Brett Goldstein who plays Kent on Ted Lasso. I think he’s a laugh riot. If you haven’t seen his appearance on Sesame Street then look it up on youtube. Spoiler: the word of the day is “F.” :LOL:

I should give this another chance as it didn’t grab me with the first episode. BTW, one of the creators is Brett Goldstein who plays Kent on Ted Lasso. I think he’s a laugh riot. If you haven’t seen his appearance on Sesame Street then look it up on youtube. Spoiler: the word of the day is “F.” :LOL:

Ha! Cute!

Hope the show grows on you like it did us!

Back
Top Bottom