What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

"Night Agent" was good, hope they make a sequel.
Watched the first episode of "Rabbit Hole". Think we'll like it. Just wish he wouldn't whisper so much. But I guess that's his thing.

We've been watching Invasion on AppleTV, a sci-fi drama/thriller. It's scarier than I expected, but I'm hooked!

A bit off of my usual fare but I watched "80 for Brady" on Paramount Plus and really enjoyed it. A heartwarming comedy "Golden Girls" story of 4 long time friends who decide to go to the Super Bowl to watch their hero Tom Brady try to win one more ring! Great cast of Lily Tomlin, Sally Fields, Jane Fonda and Rita Moreno with Tom Brady, Gronk and other athletes playing themselves. If you're looking for a lighter and very funny movie (not a series) this is well worth watching.

"Jury Duty" on Freevee (accessible from Amazon Prime Video or the Freevee app.)

Reality show about what it might be like to be selected for jury duty. The twist is that the entire thing is scripted, including actors playing the judge, bailiff, attorneys, and eleven members of the jury. Only one jury member is a non-actor and is not aware the whole thing is a setup.

The strength of the show is the varied kooky characters portrayed as jury members, which includes a semi-famous actor, James Marsden. At one point the "mark", or guy that doesn't know it's a setup exclaims, "this is crazier than a reality show."

The concept is brilliant, the execution is decent. I feel there should be more laughs but it is holding my interest. Six episodes of 30 minutes each.

Watched the first episode of "Rabbit Hole". Think we'll like it. Just wish he wouldn't whisper so much. But I guess that's his thing.

Sam here, we are three episodes in and finding it very entertaining. Extremely preposterous in certain ways, but that's par for the course for these kinds of shows.

I loved 24. And we like Rabbit Hole so far. But one thing I’ve always been annoyed by with Keifer is the way he whisper talks. He’s like the low talker on Seinfeld who causes Jerry to wear the pirate shirt. Interesting to see others notice this as well.

Finished watching Shetland, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Watched episode 1 of Wednesday and was pleasantly surprised. Luis Guzman looks like the original Gomez Addams from the drawings, but IMO Catherine Zeta-Jones doesn’t fit. Good thing their roles are not significant (so far).

Carolyn Jones and John Astin own those roles in my mind with that mix of crazy and deadpan, and Raul Julia and Angelica Huston were superb on the big screen version.

Finished watching Shetland, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Watched episode 1 of Wednesday and was pleasantly surprised. Luis Guzman looks like the original Gomez Addams from the drawings, but IMO Catherine Zeta-Jones doesn’t fit. Good thing their roles are not significant (so far).

Carolyn Jones and John Astin own those roles in my mind with that mix of crazy and deadpan, and Raul Julia and Angelica Huston were superb on the big screen version.

I enjoyed Shetland a lot. It's been a few years since I last watched, so will have to check to see if there are new seasons available. I have a feeling there are.

I also watched Wednesday, and enjoyed the first episode or two. Was very taken by how "Tim Burton-like" it was. Then realized that was because the first few episodes were directed by him. Duh. I enjoyed seeing Christina Ricci playing alongside Jenna Ortega (old guard vs new guard). It's fun seeing Fred Armisen in almost anything. However, after the first couple of episodes, the novelty faded for me, and I became very aware that I was watching a series which was intended for much younger viewers than myself. Nevertheless, a fun watch.

I loved 24. And we like Rabbit Hole so far. But one thing I’ve always been annoyed by with Keifer is the way he whisper talks. He’s like the low talker on Seinfeld who causes Jerry to wear the pirate shirt. Interesting to see others notice this as well.

We constantly use closed captioning these days so I hadn't even noticed. :D

Keifer's whisper-talking is one of those things that, once you've noticed it, it's hard to ignore - and even becomes comic (when it's not being slightly irksome). I haven't seen Rabbit Hole yet, but did enjoy 24.

FWIW, Wikipedia says that within a week of the first season premiere, it was renewed for a second season. I too was hoping for that. :)

Perry Mason on HBO Max. Captures the era perfectly. Gritty and nothing like the TV series.

Started watching Perry Mason, but we're not going to finish it. It's definitely gritty, but I don't think it captures the era very well. The writers need to watch a few more Humphrey Bogart movies.

Starting The Last of Us now. Hopefully that will work out better.

Started watching Perry Mason, but we're not going to finish it. It's definitely gritty, but I don't think it captures the era very well. The writers need to watch a few more Humphrey Bogart movies.

Starting The Last of Us now. Hopefully that will work out better.

The Last of Us, the first episode is really good and then it kinda got flat a bit and start to pick up again toward the end.

Not a new show but new to me: I just started watching Designated Survivor (Netflix). I'm enjoying it so far.

Just started watching The Diplomat. After a number of shows that didn't hold my attention for more than a few episodes, this one's proving to be a bit more promising. Worth at least a gander to anyone who enjoys political dramas.

Just started watching The Diplomat. After a number of shows that didn't hold my attention for more than a few episodes, this one's proving to be a bit more promising. Worth at least a gander to anyone who enjoys political dramas.

I was just about to post the same thing. I finished episode 8 last night. I think it is really good. Lot's of good dialogue. I get the feeling we will get more episodes in the near future as the second half of a first season. Good to see Keri Russell in a transition from a Russian sleeper spy to a US ambassador.

"Sweet Tooth" season 2 is coming out on Netflix next Thursday. First season was fun and enjoyable.

Balthazar on Acorn. Some slight similarities to Dr. House, but in French with subtitles...

Cheers

Really enjoying The Diplomat.

Keri Russell is always good. I like that she is wearing minimal make-up, which takes guts as an actress. "Waitress", the movie, is funny with a good message. The Americans had me hooked...all seasons. Watched 2 episodes of The Diplomat and plan to watch the whole series.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom