What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

I thought that Dark looked interesting, but I've read that it's the most mentally exhausting keeping track of everything and everyone and how they relate. So, I think that's a little more than I'm looking for.

Ditto. Dark was the most confusing thing I've ever watched.

Finished final episode of season 2 of Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. Enjoyed it very much and am looking forward to season 3 whenever that might be.

Ditto. Dark was the most confusing thing I've ever watched.

They have flow charts for each season. If you use them, it helps. Just don't skip ahead to a later season flow chart or you get spoiled.

It confuses the heck out me too!
That said, I am watching "Dark" (Netflix), involving multiple time lines, time travel, time paradoxes, it's the most confusing series I've ever seen but I'm still enjoying it. (And might have to watch it a 2nd time to understand it).

I became obsessive watching Dark. Discussed it with my nephew, also obsessive. Not sure you'd call it entertainment. It's more like a puzzle, keeps you thinking, rewinding, and making sure you didn't miss a clue. Not giving anything away, the very first scene is important.

I finished Pickett Season 2. I liked it enough to probably watch season 3 when it is available to me.

Earlier I commented that those who like the show might enjoy reading the books. I am rethinking that. The ending of Season 2 was definitely NOT in the book. The book’s ending was far different, other than once again Joe triumphs over evil, and the bad guys have to face justice. How some of the characters are portrayed is radically different than they are in the books. So, if you read the books you may end up like me - thinking the show is OK, but also thinking that sticking with the story in the books would have been a lot better.

IOW, the books are the bottle of fine wine you spent $50+ on for that special fabulous dinner, while the TV show is the bottle of $12 wine that is quite drinkable and goes well with BBQ hamburgers or pizza from your favorite pizzeria.

Last edited:
I finished Pickett Season 2. I liked it enough to probably watch season 3 when it is available to me.

Earlier I commented that those who like the show might enjoy reading the books. I am rethinking that. The ending of Season 2 was definitely NOT in the book. The book’s ending was far different, other than once again Joe triumphs over evil, and the bad guys have to face justice How some of the characters are portrayed radically different than they are in the books. So, if you read the books you may end up like me - thinking the show is OK, but also thinking that sticking with the story in the books would have been a lot better.

Boy, this +1000

The show is good. But it could’ve been so much better. And the changes to some characters are hard to take.

Boy, this +1000

The show is good. But it could’ve been so much better. And the changes to some characters are hard to take.

At least it’s not as bad as Apple’s Foundation, which basically gutted the story line from the books, totally redefined the characters, and replaced it all with Star Wars like shoot-em-ups and fantasy nonsense. Ugh.

I could not watch all of season one of Foundation. It was just too awful. Again, don’t read the books if you want to enjoy Foundation. It’s painful.
Better to remain in blissful ignorance of what it could have been.

Well, thankfully I haven’t read the books, which might have made me not feel as good about the show. But just finished season two of Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. This is a very good show and we enjoyed it much. It had good twists that we didn’t always see coming. The acting is good. Not overwhelmingly gross or vulgar. Just a really good show.

Well, thankfully I haven’t read the books, which might have made me not feel as good about the show. But just finished season two of Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. This is a very good show and we enjoyed it much. It had good twists that we didn’t always see coming. The acting is good. Not overwhelmingly gross or vulgar. Just a really good show.

IMO, Lincoln Lawyer and Bosch are both much better at following the book's story. They have the same author and I assume he insisted on not straying too far off the farm. They did modernize it for TV. In the books Bosch is a Vietnam veteran. In the show he's a Dessert Storm vet who has a cell phone. But, the overall story is the same. I don't think they have yet mentioned that Haller and Bosch are half brothers and do work together in some of the books. That alone would make an interesting season.

If I mentioned the major differences between the book ending of Picket season 2 and the TV show ending, it would introduce a lot of potential spoilers. Or maybe not. In any case there is no good reason to risk it.

Justified: City Primeval, Special Ops: Lioness, The Bear (season 2 is excellent)

DH watched all 3 seasons of Norwegian series Occupied on Netflix. It’s pretty amazing they kept up the suspense over three seasons with most of the characters there.

Worth mentioning that the series which aired 2015-2019 is eerily prescient in terms of world events (more like an echo).

Interesting series. Still in season 1.

I’m currently watching Line of Duty season 6. Like the previous ones it does a great job at keeping you on the edge of your seat as the story unfolds with all its various twists, turns and quirks.

I’m currently watching Line of Duty season 6. Like the previous ones it does a great job at keeping you on the edge of your seat as the story unfolds with all its various twists, turns and quirks.

I watched most seasons of Line of Duty when I had Brit Box and enjoyed them very much. I no longer subscribe. Is it available on any other service?

I watched most seasons of Line of Duty when I had Brit Box and enjoyed them very much. I no longer subscribe. Is it available on any other service?

Right now I get Brit Box thanks to a deal earlier this year that gave me about 40% off. Otherwise I have been getting the DVDs from my public library. No extra charge for the DVDs other than the portion of my property tax that goes to the library system regardless of how much or little I use it.

My local system also subscribes to Kanopy, which offers a few streaming movies each month. Butter is one of the best movies I have seen in a while. Again free if your library offers Kanopy.

Watched Teenage Bounty Hunters on Netflix. 10 episodes. Wanted a switch from all the crime dramas I'd been watching. Really liked it. Much better than you would expect from the title which sounds like an '80s B movie.

Finished Deadloch, at first we thought it was a little stupid, but it grew on us. The language was a little OTT, but they are only words and make it somewhat humorous. We still think it was stupid, but entertaining nevertheless.

Started season 3 of Only Murders in the Building. Really boring. Season 1 was the best by far.

Just finished Daisy Jones and the Six, and am going to rewatch it. I read the book too and am listening to the album on my Alexa. Not sure why I'm so obsessed, but I could have worse vices.

Just finished Daisy Jones and the Six, and am going to rewatch it. I read the book too and am listening to the album on my Alexa. Not sure why I'm so obsessed, but I could have worse vices.
Loved Daisy Jones and the Six.

Watched Teenage Bounty Hunters on Netflix. 10 episodes. Wanted a switch from all the crime dramas I'd been watching. Really liked it. Much better than you would expect from the title which sounds like an '80s B movie.

This show is WAY better than one would expect.

Back
Top Bottom