What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

The verdict on Winter King is it is very watchable (With the exception of the loose canon Druid). But it is no GoT, there is not a cool intro for a start.
Re: Winter King. Thanks for the update by the way. Looks interesting - but I'm bad about getting anything watched.

We picked a random movie tonight and what a pick it was. The Sound of Freedom (Prime Video). Hollywood's treatment of a real life person, Tim Ballard who dedicated a portion of his life to rescuing trafficked children. The movie is based on his rescue of children in South America but, in Hollywood, tradition the movie is "highly fictionalized". Despite that this movie is worth 2h11m of your time. ***** stars.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7599146/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

About the real people portrayed in the film. If this is true the real Tim Ballard had his own brush with the law.

https://screenrant.com/sound-of-fre...e real-life,due to sexual assault allegations.

This is a documentary about the real Tim Ballard and a rescue operation in Haiti and his organization, Operation Underground from which he had resigned.
Operation Toussaint: Operation Underground Railroad and the Fight to End Modern Day Slavery (Video*2018) on Prime Video.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9397842/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk
i

Last edited:
Watched "Jamaica Inn" Older 2014 Cornish smuggling story. We enjoyed it.

Also Watched, Beyond Paradise, Death in Paradise & Vera Xmas specials that dropped on Boxing Day. All good.

Watched Warhorse One a couple nights ago on Prime. Very good about a Seal rescuing missionaries during the Afghanistan pullout.

We picked a random movie tonight and what a pick it was. The Sound of Freedom (Prime Video). Hollywood's treatment of a real life person, Tim Ballard who dedicated a portion of his life to rescuing trafficked children. The movie is based on his rescue of children in South America but, in Hollywood, tradition the movie is "highly fictionalized". Despite that this movie is worth 2h11m of your time. ***** stars.

My sister saw this in the theaters and highly recommended it. Now that it's on Prime I will check it out. This stars Jim Caviezel, the guy that was in the CBS techno-thriller "Person of Interest"?

My sister saw this in the theaters and highly recommended it. Now that it's on Prime I will check it out. This stars Jim Caviezel, the guy that was in the CBS techno-thriller "Person of Interest"?

I'm interested in watching this. Nothing creeps me out more than child sex trafficking. I mean more than the scariest horror films. I don't know if I can handle seeing this series and sleep well.

I just started "You are what you Eat" on Netflix last night. I'm hooked already- it hits so many topics I'm interested in- healthy lifestyles, prevention, what health conditions can be reversed. They have 21 sets of identical twins, from a good mix of ethnic groups and body types (but none appear to be over 40) and have done baseline calculations from bloodwork, body scans, gut biome samples, etc. They've now assigned each to a diet at random- one twin to a vegan diet and the other to a diet that includes meat but is also healthy. It will last 8 weeks. I can't wait to see the changes!

I also learned that there's a franchise called DexaFit where you can get a body scan that measures body fat (with visceral fat measured separately) and muscle mass. There's one near me- scans are $99. I'm sure they'll try to sell me a "program" to improve things but I think I can resist that.

ETA: There are "spoiler" news items about the results- just found one.

Last edited:
We finished season 2 of Power Book IV force. Not for everyone but we enjoyed it. About Drug Crime in Chicago.

Started The Crown Season 6. DW like it. I am more of an action viewer.

I'm currently watching One Lane Bridge on Acorn. It's a New Zealand show-a mystery/cop show with a super natural component.
3 seasons and I just finished season 2. It's entertaining-for me.

FWIW, the WSJ has a favorable review of Funny Woman which premiers in the USA this Sunday on your local PBS station

Several episodes into the limited series "Fool Me Once". Enjoying it. A murder suspense type show. And interesting to see "Patsy" of ab -fab fame playing the matriarch.

Several episodes into the limited series "Fool Me Once". Enjoying it. A murder suspense type show. And interesting to see "Patsy" of ab -fab fame playing the matriarch.
+1 we just started it and are 2 episodes in. Netflix has done a great job with other Harlan Coben novels to bring to the screen and this is no exception. Spoiler…Who could even be close to figuring this out only a few episodes in?!

Watched "Murder is Easy" only 2 episodes, typical Agatha Christie, although more murders in one session than those on a Midsomer Murders episode. :)

+1 we just started it and are 2 episodes in. Netflix has done a great job with other Harlan Coben novels to bring to the screen and this is no exception. Spoiler…Who could even be close to figuring this out only a few episodes in?!

+2 We just finished Fool Me Once on Netflix last night. I didn't anticipate the ending though. Very good short series of 8 episodes. Planning to watch the other Harlan Coben series available.

Last edited:
I enjoyed "Fool Me Once" as well. I didn't like "You are What You Eat" because I thought the title was misleading. I thought it was all about the twins eating study, but it was so much about (Wait, I should stop talking now as I don't want to end up writing spoilers...) I skipped through and watched the results of the study.

Wow - we're way behind!

NYT list - had never seen True Detective - S1E1 another wow!

Back
Top Bottom