Where to find friends who won't jealous of you?

Leonidas said:
I'm torn between the title "Independent Money Manager" or "President and CEO of the Leonidas Fund - a closely held mutual fund"

I saw one on a lady's B-card that I liked: Tycoon Manager
Not sure if she was referring to herself or her husband!
After I thought about it, it really didn't matter! :D

riskaverse said:
I just tell people I'm out of a job.

Only problem here: Someone may try to offer me one! :LOL:

The people I can call good friends have been respectful of my decision to RE. They have not been nosy about my finances or jealous. I was expecting worse.

However, some of my former co-workers were less accomodating. I see it as their problem, not mine.

As with any lifestyle change or career change, relationships associated with changes will be different. I gained and lost some friends when I got married, changed jobs, moved to another city and so on..... I don't see this any differently.

The ones who are the best friends didn't change our friendships when circumstances changed.

I just got off the phone with a lawyer in town. I told him I was transfering the matter we were working on because I am retiring at year end. He says: "What! You're too young! What are you going to do all day!" I said I am going to "have a lot more fun than you are having." :eek:

This was my first experience the the "too young" and "what are you going to do all day" comments.

Martha said:
This was my first experience the the "too young" and "what are you going to do all day" comments.
"I also used to be too young for cars, alcohol, & sex-- and I'm glad I didn't wait until I was older to try them, either."

After that punchline the "Whaddya DO all day" question pretty much answers itself.

Nords said:
"I also used to be too young for cars, alcohol, & sex-- and I'm glad I didn't wait until I was older to try them, either."

After that punchline the "Whaddya DO all day" question pretty much answers itself.

Frankly, it is nice to hear someone thinks that I am too young for something. Makes me feel young and daring. >:D

Back
Top Bottom