Who eats bacon?

FloridaJim57

Recycles dryer sheets
I love bacon. Have read a million articles about how bad it is for you. Who still eats it and how much and how often? Make me feel less guilty.

I love bacon. Have read a million articles about how bad it is for you. Who still eats it and how much and how often? Make me feel less guilty.

I do, and I save the lard! Here are a couple of videos that will make you feel better about your bacon addiction :)

Bacon is great food. Easy to prepare and goes with everything. A grilled cheese with bacon sandwich is one of my favorite dishes.

Have read a million articles about how bad it is for you.

Perhaps consider changing what you read…

My medical condition recommends no processed meats because of the salt. Still, I’ll cheat and have bacon, ham and a few other treats from time to time. Before my medical situation changed, I’d have bacon once or twice a week when I went out for breakfast.

At least a couple of pounds a month, usually more.
We have a local butcher shop that makes its own double smoked bacon, and it is superb.
But I often make it myself as well. Pretty easy to do as long as you have access to pork bellies, and Costco usually has them.

I had 3 slices with breakfast this morning. We don't have it often, perhaps a couple times weekly... mostly breakfast and BLT sandwiches. Actually, I prefer pan fried spam with breakfast and fried spam sandwiches. There is even a local restaurant the I frequent when we are in Vermont that has fired smap and eggs on their breakfast menu.

Crumbled bacon in my scrambled eggs with cheese in morning 2-3 times per week. Typically 3 slices. Sausage or ham other days. Bacon on homemade pizza. Bacon on burgers. Bacon on sandwiches. Bacon goes great with most everything!

Bacon feels like a waste of time since I don't like to eat the real fatty part.

Back bacon on the other hand, YUM! Tastes richer and much less fat (except where they extend the cut enough to let you see it was connected to regular bacon). Got introduced to it on a trip to England, back here at home, I found Beeler's Back Bacon and introduced it to my wife who is now hooked.

I will eat a single stick of bacon as part of breakfast on the weekend. I've thought more than once of cutting it out entirely, but at least I'm down to one stick per breakfast instead of two sticks as I had done years back. Had mostly just been a weekend breakfast thing, even then.

I will eat a single stick of bacon as part of breakfast on the weekend. I've thought more than once of cutting it out entirely, but at least I'm down to one stick per breakfast instead of two sticks as I had done years back. Had mostly just been a weekend breakfast thing, even then.

If you saw how thick I cut my homemade bacon, you'd probably consider it to be about 5 or 6 "sticks". :D

Not every day but of course. There are people who don’t ever eat bacon? That’s :crazy:

I try to live a healthy lifestyle and have turned off many tempting treats, but Bacon is one temptation that I cannot control, lol.

Chocolate Carmel cake with chocolate dipped carmelized bacon.
Bacon goes with everything!

Attachments

• IMG_6827.jpg
    IMG_6827.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 56
I have bacon 4-5 times a week. A day without bacon is like a day without sunshine :)

We’ve been making our own bacon for a couple of years although I took a bit of a break this winter. We eat it at least three times a week and cook with it occasionally. I avoid sweet bacon.

I don’t worry about bacon and health. I don’t eat other heavily processed or refined food except for some traditionally made charcuterie. We avoid sugar and grains and high sugar drinks including fruit juices. I think that’s more important for health than avoiding bacon. We think fatty meat is just fine to eat. We don’t worry about eating salty food either, although I do soak my homemade bacon in fresh water for a couple of hours before smoking to reduce the salty taste.

Last edited:
Not very often, but I enjoy it when eating breakfast out and occasionally make it at home. In fact, I made a turkey vegetable soup today and used bacon in it. It really enhances the flavor.

I cook a lb. of thick sliced bacon every month or two. The morning I cook it I fry a couple of eggs in the fat and have an old fashion breakfast. I throw the fat out and freeze the leftover bacon. I use a piece or two over the intervening weeks for breakfast, sandwich or vegetable flavoring.

Bacon and other dead pig products, such as baby back ribs, are good stuff.
You can be prosecuted/executed for bringing these products into certain backward Muslim countries. So don't do that...

I'll probably get outcasted for saying this, but I eat turkey bacon instead of pork :popcorn:.

I'm gonna die of something; it won't be tofu or seltzer water unless I fall into a tub of either and drown. I make my own bacon and use proper measurements of pink salt, a mixture of sodium nitrate and table salt. I do eat bacon other than my own when not at home.
Don't forget that sodium nitrite is also found in beer.

Back
Top Bottom