Your first real signature?

From a Mom who was taught by nuns in Ireland, I learned to write beautiful cursive; and still can, if the occasion merits.

I have three signatures. There's the rapid fire one: my initials, neat, connected by a hasty (but not messy) squiggle representing a lot of small letters and two swooping lower loops.

The second is a precise cursive rendering of my name - for important documents. This is basically the same as I would have signed when I was eight, although of course it was a different name back then.

The third one is indecipherable, for when I'm forced to use my index finger on a small touchscreen. I mean, you could sign "Batman" on one of those things and nobody will question it.

Last edited:
Last night during a meeting, I tried to take notes in cursive.

I failed.

I couldn't form a good "b". My signature doesn't have a "b."

I better not change my name.:LOL:

For sure it was my SS card.

I had a co-worker who could only able to use cursive in her signature. Everything else was printed in block capital letters.

I had a co-worker who could only able to use cursive in her signature. Everything else was printed in block capital letters.

Engineer?

The Declaration of Independence. Large enough so that the King could read it.

It’s gone downhill (legibility) ever since.

The third one is indecipherable, for when I'm forced to use my index finger on a small touchscreen. I mean, you could sign "Batman" on one of those things and nobody will question it.

I actually did that once as an experiment, and signed "Snoopy". It was rather sloppy though. And of course, the package was for a radio control model biplane, although not a Sopwith Camel.

SS card when I was 12. I was told I needed to get one when I won a share of stock on an AM radio station contest at that time. So, I acquired a SS card. Afterward, I was told I still couldn't sign for the share of stock because I wasn't 18. My dad ended up signing for it, and not many years after my parents divorced when I was 14, he and I stopped seeing each other. I have no idea where that share of stock went. :(

I think it was my work permit. Might have been a library card, though...

My Social Security Card. Still have it. Looks exactly like an 11 year old's signature. :LOL:

Bingo! Mine too. Still have it somewhere, though I've gotten a replacement with my current scrawl on it.

Back
Top Bottom