Zero Turn Mowers

lawman

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I want a zero turn mower but I need one with tires that will not go flat as I have some cactus to deal with. John Deere makes a Z930M Z Trak that I can get with Michelin Tweel tires on the back and tires on the front that are for the most part solid. That would work but the problem is I don't need a big mower and in fact a small machine will work much better for me..Another problem is the cost ($13,500.00). I really don't want to spend more than $4000.00 but I cant figure out a way to have tires that will no go flat..I've tried the green slime stuff and it is not the answer..I'm told filling the back tires with foam is not a good idea... Any suggestions?

ZTRs and "small" are oxymorons.
You will probably have to find an aftermarket/non-OEM tire.

I also love zero turn mowers. I would love and been looking but I also like the push non-self-propelled mower.

Every time one comes up for sale a used one, they are gone right away. Toro has a good one for about 3300.

My son is looking for one also he has a large shop with a big lot to mow. Tomorrow I will go mow a nine-acre campus with a JD zero turn.

The tire requirement is something I can't help you with. Good Luck.

that is some serious cabbage.
I am not buying that foam filling the back tires will be a problem, only if you want to cruise the neighborhood at full speed.
You can get a new x300 John Deere starting at around 4K and we love the maneuverability of our older x300.

that is some serious cabbage.
I am not buying that foam filling the back tires will be a problem, only if you want to cruise the neighborhood at full speed.
You can get a new x300 John Deere starting at around 4K and we love the maneuverability of our older x300.

I'm going to further investigate foaming all 4...Is your X300 a zero turn? I have a new S220 that is very difficult to maneuver..I regret buying it.

I've looked at all of them. I'm a John Deere guy at heart, I grew up farming with them. That said, I think their mowers are overpriced.

I needed a new mower last year when mowers were in short supply. I narrowed it down to Aeriens and Hustler. Best quality for the money. Another important factor was the local dealers and quality of their service department.

I bought the Hustler 60" for about $5,000.

Best piece of equipment I've ever purchased.

I think you should be able to buy the tweel as after purchase addition? Unless you need smaller size than available? Foam filled should work, only real drawback is you have to cut off the old tire. Probably cheaper just buy new wheels for a mower if you need new tires.

I have an Ariens zero turn top Apex model, same as Gravely commercial. 60 inch fabricated deck, 24 hp Kawasaki engine, heavy duty transaxles. I'm on regular turf air tires, just grass. I mow 2.5 acres in approx 1.5 hours. Zero turn is much faster and better quality of cut than a small tractor with belly mower.

We have a 54" Scag Patriot - but (sorry) all tires are inflatable.

Back
Top Bottom