Hi from a Parrot Head in Kentucky.

OneDay

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi everyone, I'm a farm boy in mid-forties from Western Ky, my family and I live on a small farm, we raise a few cattle, we also own a business that has sales of 2.5 million dollars of sales per year, it's owned in a 50/50 partnership with another family member.
I grew up listening to Jimmy Buffett, listen to him everyday, it's been my dream to never spend another winter here in Ky, I hate winter, one day I'll take the leap and follow my dreams. I got my FI skills from my grandparents who raised 10 kids on their 90 acre farm without ever working an outside job, they taught me well, currently everything's paid for, home, cars, etc and have around $700,000 and another $100,000 in a IRA. I plan on saving another $200,000 in the next 4/5 years, selling my half of the business and finally living my dream, one day. Any way, very nice to meet everyone.

Maybe one day you can figure out where Margaritaville is, and move there.

Buffett lived 100 mi. from you in Nashville twice--one of which was just a few years ago. I think he's now living in Sag Harbor, NY, but also has a house at St. Barts.

Though Buffett's pushing 70 years old, he remains working very hard in concert in order to maintain a number of very expensive airplanes.

His guitar player and record producer, Mac McAnally lives in our town.

Well, OneDay, you need to get on a boat now & head upriver (OH) 200 miles and catch him playing Tuesday night at Riverbend. That's about a mile from where I was raised top a hill overlooking Rb. I've only ever attend 15-20 of his shows.

Welcome to the forum, it sounds like you have a good plan to retire in 4-5 years and then enjoy doing whatever you want.

Thanks 38Chevy454

Welcome to the forum, it sounds like you have a good plan to retire in 4-5 years and then enjoy doing whatever you want.
I appreciate it, look forward to wrenching myself on all my own Chevys, I have big block Chevelle that's going to get a lot of attention.😃

Welcome! Sounds like you are in a good position. Next time I drive I-24 to St. Louis, I'll be thinking of you. Can't be too many people between Clarksville and Paducah in your position. Good job. :)

Back
Top Bottom