Another Marriage Bites The Dust Due To Financial Incompatibility plus

Please don't feel you have to explain yourself. Every family had it's own circumstances.

I simply meant it seems as though women seem to have a harder time letting go of hurts and moving on.

Not always the Dad. I anticipate this is what will happen with my stepsons that I raised. See previous post about his bad mouthing me to the kids.

Kids, as they mature, figure these things out.

The trick is to not get into a mud slinging war with the ex - something you have figured out. Like my old grand pappy used to say - "When you wrestle with a pig, you get dirty and the pig has fun."

Please don't feel you have to explain yourself. Every family had its own circumstances.

I simply meant it seems as though women seem to have a harder time letting go of hurts and moving on.

Just providing a counterexample although I agree with your generalization. One of the funniest plot lines on the TV show "Cybill" years ago was her friend Mary Ann, who spent most of her energy trying to get even with her Ex, whom she called "Dr. Dick". It made for funny TV, but is a really bad way to live.

One of the funniest plot lines on the TV show "Cybill" years ago was her friend Mary Ann, who spent most of her energy trying to get even with her Ex, whom she called "Dr. Dick". It made for funny TV, but is a really bad way to live.

Very true. Like my old grand pappy used to say, "Living well is the best revenge." Trite, but true.

Thought I should give a brief update for all those that supported me in this thread. My divorce was final October 9th and I have the decree in hand. It was as non-contentious as I hoped it might be. There was no communication with my ex during this time. He did not get a lawyer and he never called mine. Hence I felt some obligation to call him the day it was final to let him know.

He seemed surprised and started in on a few blaming statements such as "you are the one that did it" and something about "my not keeping him informed".
I simply responded, "It was up to him to keep himself informed". I also said, "I didn't appreciate the way he characterized this to the children and that he bore as much responsibility for it as me. He said "he didn't want to hear it".

Anyway, I am content, peaceful and dare I say, happy for the most part. It is strange to begin to reclaim parts of myself I lost. What parts? The part of me that loved to dance and laugh. The part of me that looks forward to what may be in the future rather than dreading the next crisis I knew would come. I have gone out and I will continue to go to dinner but all that has told me is that I am no where near ready to take on another relationship. Good to know, huh?

Thank you all for your support and kind words. I do not know that anyone will find this thread in the future but if so, I hope it helps them.

Thank you for the update and am happy to hear that things are looking up for you. Onward!

Given the circumstances, it sounds as if this divorce went really well. I imagine it had a lot to do with your positive attitude, determination, and sticking to your plans and goals. As I recall there were some people here skeptical that you would survive this experience at any decent level--or even follow through with it. Job well done.

Thank you for the update. It sounds like the worst is behind you now. I hope you have a fun and relaxing life ahead of you.

Sheesh1, Admire your courage to go thru the divorce. Pray for better future. Best Wishes!

Glad to hear that the divorce is behind you and wish you the best going forward. I was surprised to hear that the divorce went through so quickly. I wish you peace going forward in your life.

Glad to hear that there were no complications.
Take time to heal.
The person that loves to dance might find some ways to start again. I have a non dancing DH, so I started Zumba and love that.
The laughter will come back, too.

Congratulations on your success. I sounds like a part of your smooth divorce was due to your clueless idiot now ex-husband approached the divorce like most other things in his life. It was great he left it all for you to handle.

One bit of advice.......if you choose to marry again, marry your best friend that doesn't come with excessive baggage......good luck to you and your former husband

Glad you are enjoying things you had set aside for awhile. Best wishes for your future!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom