Are you going to Black Friday Shop?

no
No
NO

I am going to do some serious toy gathering this year with 2 of my lady friends. The toys will be for the Marines' Toys for Tots program.
I have a Legion Commander working on a letter authorizing me to seek donations at local stores. We will fan out on a weekday and hit every store we can to see if the manager will donate just 1 toy. :D

Not a chance. I don't like shopping on a normal day much less an insane day like Black Friday.

timeasterday said:
Guitar Center. Awesome place but I need to stay away in order to protect my bank account!

GAS - guitar acquisition syndrome

My SO works for a retail chain. They are opening their stores at 11pm on Thanksgiving and will remain open all night.

Complete nuttiness :facepalm:

Actually where I live Wal-Mart is open all day Thursday, Christmas being the only day they close, they will just have their specials at the various times as they specify.

No, no, a thousand times no!

I haven't gone shopping on black Friday for over 20 years. Amazon is much better.

And we don't do much shopping anyway so we'd just be in the way of the ones who do. The others can deal with the stampedes.

Other than grocery shopping, which I always enjoy......*

I hate shopping. I can barely drag myself to the mall on a slow day (even though there are some things I really need to buy) let alone when it's crowded. I absolutely abhor crowded malls or any crowded shopping situation.

I shop on-line as much as I can. But sometimes you have to try things on, look at things in person.

*I should qualify that I enjoy grocery shopping when I can go to stores that have a decent selection and quality. But I have visited towns where grocery stores had a very limited and marginal selection and that was always depressing! Decent grocery stores is a go/nogo issue for me in terms of where I live!

Last edited:
For some of the people who say they can get a deal like the early bird.... I would disagree...

The couple of times we went we got some high end electronic stuff for $200 less than the next best price we could find... they only sold 10 of them per store and none online...

I am willing to wait in line to save $200... not so much for a few dollars...
And you believe there's one day every year where merchants offer the best possible deals, that they won't duplicate or even beat at any other time...I would disagree...

I'd like to see an actual bonafide Black Friday deal that can't be duplicated elsewhere on another day. :cool:

no
No
NO

I am going to do some serious toy gathering this year with 2 of my lady friends. The toys will be for the Marines' Toys for Tots program.
I have a Legion Commander working on a letter authorizing me to seek donations at local stores. We will fan out on a weekday and hit every store we can to see if the manager will donate just 1 toy. :D

My prediction: you will be a top producer in this charity drive and will get lots of donations for the kids:)

And you believe there's one day every year where merchants offer the best possible deals, that they won't duplicate or even beat at any other time...I would disagree...

I'd like to see an actual bonafide Black Friday deal that can't be duplicated elsewhere on another day. :cool:

Well, we bought a Sony Viao computer that was $200 less than any other place that I looked... and I never saw that price again....

Sure, it COULD be duplicated on another day, but it was not.... it was a loss leader and we took it.... they only had 10 at our store and I had heard some stores only had 2....

Now, the $50 we saved on buying a video camera was not worth the trouble... so that was the last time we waited to buy something on Black Friday....

I will buy things that are not limited in numbers such as the computer.... but I will wait until later in the day to go get the deal...

Ahhhhhh......... Now I get it. I should start shopping at 8:30 PM on Thanksgiving Day because the more you spend the more you save.

If I had known this truth earlier I could have FIRE'd years ago! :rolleyes:

I went to the local Wally World on Black Friday a bunch of years back. Got there about 3 PM, found 10 pairs of Wrangler jeans with a free t'shirt $9 each. I wear out about 2 pairs a year haven't unwrapped the tee's yet still have 2 unworn pairs of jeans. I wonder if they will be on sale again, Hummmm.

That is one day that I make sure I stay home. Most of my shopping is done online anyway.[/QUOTE]
+1

Responses on this thread indicate most [-]of the INTJ's[/-] on this forum don't shop on BF.

In other news, scientists reveal more darkness occurs at night than during the day...

I stopped by our small local Sears outlet today - I'm looking at gas ranges - we are considering upgrading to a nicer model. I talked to a saleswoman there and she said to wait for black Friday sales.....they are opening up at 4am! She said alot of people were waiting outside at 3:30am last year :rolleyes: I will not be going there, but will check their website among others for good deals.
I hate crowds - always have. But I do like a good deal.

We usually go up to the outlet mall in north Georgia and shop for clothes at midnight. Except for Coach and Gap most of the stores are not really too crowded and no long lines. We were going to go anyway to pick up some warmer running gear & workout clothes so we might as well take advantage of the sales. When it comes to clothing I need to see it, feel it, and try on (no online stuff). I actually think it's kind of fun but you'll never catch me waiting outside Wally World or Best Buy. Then we'll go home and sleep in, then check out what Costco has. We need a flatscreen TV for the new exercise room I am working on, but I am not fighting the crowds at other places. Probably just pick up a Vizio 42" while we are there along with the wood flooring I need for the room.

I did it once...never again!
Last year, I saw a client on BF who hurt her back marathon shopping on BF....maybe she will schedule again this year!

Responses on this thread indicate most [-]of the INTJ's[/-] on this forum don't shop on BF.

In other news, scientists reveal more darkness occurs at night than during the day...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Perfect!!! :D

Why an INTJ would want to go to the mall on Black Friday and be pushed and jostled around by a rabid horde of [-]barbarians[/-] people is beyond me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom