Best Rebate/Cash Back Credit Card?

two4theroad

Recycles dryer sheets
I have been using a GM card and now have more points on it than I can use as I will not need a new car for several years. I would like to get one of the other cards that pay cash back but the choices seem endless. Does anyone have personal experience with any that they would like to share? I have excellent credit and pay off the card every month.
Thanks.
2fer

I like the PenFed Visa card. 5% cash back on pay-at-the-pump gas, 1.25% on everything else. No limits as to the amount you can get back.

Hmmm ... That thread that was mentioned, also pointed out that the AMEX Blue was good for 5% on gas AND supermarket. They did figure out you'd have to spend about $6,500 to make a difference between 1.25% for groceries on PenFed, and AMEX Blue.
But in our case, that'll be easy.
I'll have to check that out, since we already have an AMEX Blue.

What I like about the Penfed card is that they just automatically give you a credit for the rewards amount on your bill every month.

Most of the other ones require that you go online or call to request a check, and have a minimum of $25 or $50 before you can get one. Last time I used my citibank dividend card, it wouldnt let me request the check online and said I'd have to call their 800#. So they could try to sell me credit card insurance and balance transfers I didnt want.:mad:

Oh hey, quick question for the penfed holders who sent in that semi-modified "autopay credit card" form...has anyone done it recently and how do you know if its in effect? I sent it in about 6 weeks ago and my last bill a couple of weeks ago didnt say anything about a scheduled payment or any other info.

AMEX blue sounds pretty good, i wanted to get another credit card. cash back is cool

Thanks to all

Thanks for the replies, I joined PenFed and am waiting on snail mail for account info so I can sign up for the card. The Amex Blue sounded good too but there are more and more places we shop that have signs up saying they no longer accept American Express. I was wondering why:confused: Maybe they raised the fee to the vendors to pay the high rebate to the customers?
2fer

...Oh hey, quick question for the penfed holders who sent in that semi-modified "autopay credit card" form...has anyone done it recently and how do you know if its in effect? I sent it in about 6 weeks ago and my last bill a couple of weeks ago didnt say anything about a scheduled payment or any other info.

Set mine up to pull from my left coast bank on the 10th of every month. Every month i notice that payment hasn't been pulled and call them up. Every month the nice lady explains to me that on the 10th the computer pull order goes out, is intercepted, and handed to Walter, who carries it to George down in the accounting office, who opens the filing cabinet and finds the hard copy order i sent them. George reads that order and sends a memo to Angie, who then pulls the payment from my non-PenFed checking account. Result is that every month the payment that is supposed to pull on the 10th actually pulls on the 17th. And they don't show what's happening on their web site. Or send any kind of note. But they haven't charged me a late payment yet.

Any 0% cards for 12-18 month card offers out there??

The PENFED "pull" is not the payment due date but the "Billing Cycle closing date". A current example is a Payment due date of 1/27/08 then the actual "pull" is 2/2/08. In this example you get about 6 days of extra "float" before the payment is made. Personally, I have the payment "pulled" from a Share account at PENFED OR I just go ahead and pay it (via an PENFED account to PENFED account transfer done on-line) early, prior to the payment due date. I used to just let it go via the automatic route but now that I use the card almost exclusively I do not like to see the balance get so large (dumb reason, I guess).

Back
Top Bottom