• Yes- got one in recent years

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • No- but thinking about getting one

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Yes- I have multiple tattoos

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No tattos for me. OTOH Ricardo Montalban had a living breathing walkin talking one.

Yes I do ... triathlete for many (15+) yrs and got an IM or so-called M-DOT tattoo after doing my first full ironman. Its been over 10 yrs on my ankle and I rarely give it second thought now unless someone asks about it. Not disappointed that I have/got it, but not sure I would do so now. DW has one on her back as well. Same reaction from her. They've made the 'why can't I get a tattoo/piercing/etc' dabates with our teenagers a little harder :)

They've made the 'why can't I get a tattoo/piercing/etc' dabates with our teenagers a little harder :)
Just ask them if they really want to look like 'old people'.

I checked "No and never getting one" on the poll, however I didn't like the "never getting one" part because, while I'm not "thinking about getting one," I can't say I might not want to someday. Nothing really against them, but just never had the urge. Ya never know though. (I do have an old piercing for an earring I don't wear anymore. Also a beard, & hair over my shoulders.)

I don't have any tats, long hair, pony tail, beard, stash, etc...I just have a bunch of big scars from some not-too-good life experience events and a new hip install. ;)

OK....guess I will be the negative nanny here.....WHY did you get a tattoo? All too often I see "because it reminds me of an important event in my life"....give me a break.....if it's that important.....do you have trouble remembering it:confused: Really? For most people....it's fashion. I got married.....do I NEED a tattoo to remind me I got married? A difficult time of my life.....do I need a tattoo to remind me of this? Huh? Am I missing something? If it's THAT difficult of a time.....you would have to be brain dead not to remember it. In my opinion (hatred from other people comes here)....you need OTHER people to know you had difficult times/marriage/drunk etc .......tattoo's are not necessary......you choose to have them. I choose to be boring.....with freckles......
Tattoo Statistics Annual amount of U.S. spending on tattoos $1.65 Billion Total percent of Americans (all ages) who have at least one tattoo 14 % Percentage of U.S. adults 18 – 25 who have at least one tattoo 36 % Percentage of U.S. adults 26 – 40 who have at least one tattoo 40 % Total number of Americans that have at least one tattoo 45 million Number of tattoo parlors in the U.S. 21,000 Average cost of a small tattoo $ 45 Average cost of a large tattoo $150 / hour Percentage of U.S. population who have covered up a tattoo with another tattoo 5 % Percentage of people with tattoos who claim they are addicted to ink 32 % Percentage of people who have some regret after getting their tattoo 17 % Percentage of people with a tattoo who are getting or have had one removed 11 % Factors Considered When Getting A Tattoo Percentage of people with tattoos who think the reputation of tattoo artist or tattoo studio is the most important factor 49 % Percentage of people with tattoos who think price is the most important factor 8 % Percentage of people with tattoos who think a tattoo with a personal meaning is the most important factor 43 % How People Feel About Their Tattoo Total percentage of people with tattoos who say their tattoo makes them feel rebellious 29 % Percentage of people with a tattoo that say it makes them feel more sexy 31 % Percentage of people with tattoos who say their tattoo makes them feel more intelligent 5 %

Counting lick-em and stick-em....exactly none

OK....guess I will be the negative nanny here.....WHY did you get a tattoo?

I know why I got a tattoo....I was 14 years old and (even more) stupid (than I am now)......but I was slightly less stupid 6 months later when reality hit.

I know why I got a tattoo....I was 14 years old and (even more) stupid (than I am now)......but I was slightly less stupid 6 months later when reality hit.
Not ME....I have only done really smart things all my life:D:D

I got my first tatoo when I was 6 years old. I'm such a rebel. But then they stopped putting them into the Cracker Jack boxes.

I might consider another one now as long as they wash off in a day or two.

Cheers!

Egad, no. I hate any version of needles.

Plus, this skin is starting to sag. Who wants to walk around wearing distorted "artwork"?

:confused:

Egad, no. I hate any version of needles.

Plus, this skin is starting to sag. Who wants to walk around wearing distorted "artwork"?

:confused:

Well, if sags into something like a Salvador Dali, it might be pretty cool:D

I suppose a safe place for a tat that won't sag is on the bottom of your feet? :cool:

Yes, rather than the foot of your bottom.

No tats, have never seriously considered getting one, and unlikely to ever get one.

Re-thinking plan

as the OP, I've rethought the tattoo idea and decided to pass on it...thanks for everyone weighing in...

now, how about getting an ear pierced? :cool:

as the OP, I've rethought the tattoo idea and decided to pass on it...thanks for everyone weighing in...

now, how about getting an ear pierced? :cool:

Well, that's another thread!

insulin-pump-tattoos.jpg

I saw this today and thought of this thread. Their son was feeling sad and different because he had to wear an insulin pump, so they got tattoos to match him.

Tattoos are far too common to be the mark of rebellion they once were. What gets me is to look at a 20-30 year old tattoo (all blurry and saggy) and imagine how these young folks think they're going to look in a few decades. Of course, what really drives me nuts is to see a young person smoking. The known consequences are not cosmetic. Well, you can get more wrinkly before the cancer of COPD kicks in. Human body is pretty cool. Take care of it, don't mark it all up!

Tattoos are the bell bottoms/polyester wide-collared shirts (1970's) and shoulder pads/big scary hair (1980's) of the 2000's. Only people who wear skull or print t-shirts and cargo pants/shorts anymore are those over 40 who haven't yet got the message.

If you really enjoy your fashion victimhood, you could go for the new electric dayglow look in clothing (bright neon green, peach, etc) that's out now. My hood is full of those zombies, mostly under 40, but it'll catch on with the older set, it always does:yuk:. Course they'll be making fun of you again in 10 years for it, so be forewarned...

Back
Top Bottom