Eagle nest cams

Very sad... The parents were so vocal and affectionate to each other yesterday late afternoon and the egg just disappeared from the nest. I think it fell down deeper into the nest and maybe the eaglet go stuck, there was lots of cheeping at that time so unsure what really happened. I'm holding out for it suddenly reappearing, I swear I heard it cheeping this morning but that's probably just wishful thinking.

This is just off Dahlgren Surface Warfare Base on Potomac!!! I know this isn't eagle nest, Osprey are fascinating birds. They just laid their first egg of season!!!

Part of the fascination is the STUFFFFFFFFF they bring in. Shark toys, Yogi bear toys, work gloves etc etc etc ...

Last edited:

It is day 48 for this egg, which is unviable. So they lost both eggs ;-(

Looks like the Big Bear eagles have lost both eggs as well. The first chick died while hatching and the second egg is 41 days old so probably not viable. They still remain on the nest for now. Very heartbreaking but also fun to watch, Shadow the male is a real goofball.

Jackie and Shadow in Big Bear have remained at the nest which holds a non viable egg. Jackie seems to be ready to move on but Shadow the male will simply not give up and stays on the nest overnight. 2 nights ago he paced for hours rearranging the nest and rolling the egg, he was very agitated. Yesterday a Raven came when neither parent was there and broke open and ate the remains of the chick. Very sad but that's nature. Now the eagles should be able to move on. It's been a unique experience to watch this with both heartbreak and humor. He brings tree limbs not branches to the nest and has whacked Jackie in the head a few times when he's decorating. There is a flying squirrel that lives in the tree and has been seen hugging the egg when no one is around. Once she got to close and Jackie wing slapped her hard and she went flying but she always comes back for more. She's never tried to eat the egg, she just wants to hug it, very strange.

Jackie and Shadow in Big Bear have remained at the nest which holds a non viable egg. Jackie seems to be ready to move on but Shadow the male will simply not give up and stays on the nest overnight. 2 nights ago he paced for hours rearranging the nest and rolling the egg, he was very agitated. Yesterday a Raven came when neither parent was there and broke open and ate the remains of the chick. Very sad but that's nature. Now the eagles should be able to move on. It's been a unique experience to watch this with both heartbreak and humor. He brings tree limbs not branches to the nest and has whacked Jackie in the head a few times when he's decorating. There is a flying squirrel that lives in the tree and has been seen hugging the egg when no one is around. Once she got to close and Jackie wing slapped her hard and she went flying but she always comes back for more. She's never tried to eat the egg, she just wants to hug it, very strange.

I've been watching these two and figure awhile ago that something was wrong...

think our first chicks of year... Miami Dade....

my mistake there are others that hatched earlier.

Last edited:
think our first chicks of year... Miami Dade....

my mistake there are others that hatched earlier.[/QUOTE]

deleted the video,,,,,

Beautiful!

I need to check on the nest of goldens I observed last winter and spring someday.

Captiva nest just south of me, Tomorrow is 40 days for egg 1..... Cutting it close, wishing it goodness....

Louisiana, Kisatchie National Forest, southwest of Alexandria [LA knf]

one day old

^ thanks for live cam.

I checked yesterday of the goldens that I watched last year and got photos of the eaglets. I didn't see them in the area but have seen many bald eagles this winter.

https://hdontap.com/index.php/video/str ... ust-eagles

i'm not religious, but if you are please pray for #2, he is having a hard time..
i seriously want to climb up and bonk the Living "S" out out #1 ....
1's crop is FULL

mom and dad are stupid too, almost completely ignoring 2...

This isn't my first rodeo with these nest tragedies, still sad.

Back
Top Bottom