Eagle nest cams

I'd like to share a great horned owl nest in Texas. Currently brooding two eggs.
They're very experienced and have been raising chicks from this nest for several years now.

https://www.facebook.com/ennisowlcam/

they're MEAN Avalon :cool: quite a few videos of them attacking the eagles at night, knocking them off perch... Very cool, will be watching this nest too.

right now getting snowed on pretty hard, Pip watch starts March 15ish....

WOW! Interesting.

Went to check on the Goldens a few days ago and both adults by nest. I need to set a camera to get some pictures.

poor big bear eagle is still getting covered in snow ;-(((

Pretty scary to see the snow-covered eagle completely still for a long time & looking (literally) totally frozen. And then, what a great sight when he (she?) emerges slowly, shakes off the snow & plows the area around the nest to create a clearing!

Last edited:
that was great video loving it !!! She/He looked stiff as a poker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Warning very graphic - view with caution.
Akecheta was incubating the eggs and got up and left them unattended. In less than 2 minutes, ravens came to the nest and ate two of the eggs and carried off the third egg. The eggs were expected to hatch any day and the two eggs that were breached contained live chicks.

i had not been following this nest, i think it was Big Bear where there was talk of a TRAGEDY at a nest. ARRRRRRRGGHHHHHHH i know this is nature and these things happen. I can only imagine the poor camera operator SCREAMIMG at the screen, Please come back Mom/Dad !!!!!!!

ARRRGHHHH, mom or dad might has stepped on one of eggs, How for a PIP soon... this is a Maryland nest not far from me....

PIP-AGE going to happen soon:confused::confused::confused::confused:?

Well poor eaglet did not make it ;-(
Lets hope better for number 2 egg!

Some times it SOOOOO HARD watching these play out !!!

Back
Top Bottom