Haircut question for men

:LOL:
Last barbershop haircut was on July 11,1958... the day before I was married.

Use the smallest haircutter comb. Gettin' bald. :(

according to this website, the average cost for a man's haircut is (gulp) $28, and the average haircut frequency is 2 to 3 weeks.

Are You Paying Too Much For Your Haircut? | GQ

At that rate, I've saved more than $28,000.00 in haircuts. :dance:

Where did the money go? :confused:
I get a cut every 6 weeks. The seniors' rate has been creeping up steadily and is currently $24. My eyebrows and me ears need to be cut more often but I just tough it out. I do my nose regularly with a little trimmer.

In PV I only spend 60 pesos but same service and frequency.

Last edited:
A few guys and I got into a discussion the other day about how often men visit the barber for a haircut.

So, I am asking two questions;

1. What is the longest you let your hair grow? - skinhead, a 1/2 inch, an inch, a few inches, down to the shoulder, ponytail or :confused:?

2. How often do you get it cut to keep it at that length or shorter? (Note: it doesn't matter who cuts your hair only that it is cut)
I recently celebrated the 15th anniversary of my last haircut. It comes a month before the anniversary of my military retirement.

My ponytail has been about a foot long for over a decade. Apparently the rate of the hairs falling out (of their own weight? weakening with age?) is at least as high as the growth rate. The hair on top is no longer making much of a contribution to the total, but at this point I'm just going to let nature take its course for the next decade or so.

My ponytail has been about a foot long for over a decade.

A guy I used to work with did that too. He was the stereotype of "spit & polish" at work - tailored uniforms, spit-shined shoes, crisp creases on the pants & shirts. Not a loose thread or speck of lint to be seen. After a midnight shift everyone else was a little rumpled and wrinkled, but Fred always looked like he'd been hanging in a closet all night.

A year or so after retirement I ran into him somewhere and was astonished to see the ponytail.

Every 2 weeks I clip it myself and keep about 1/2 inch long.

I contemplated the ponytail route, but it would likely take two years to get there... Decided the close crop was much less hassle.

Yeah on the ponytail, apparently chicks don't dig it. At least according to my wife. But as a dude is the main motivation not to have to get haircuts?

Seems a lot more trouble to me...

Ponytail past shoulders. Clip the ends off occassionally, 2 - 4 times per year.

Related: Trim beard about once every 4-6 weeks.

Same scisors (hair) and trimmer (beard) for years; essentially zero cost grooming at this point.

Getting pretty thin on top, but the sides still look as if I were 20! Hair has gotten darker over the years with only some white at the temples (and more or less white beard which I color when it starts to make me look my age.) DW does my hair cuts when SHE can't stand it any more. My haircut is just about the same as when I was in high school in the early 60's (folks in the midwest didn't have long hair back then.) YMMV

i get it cut every month, they should give me a discount, they only need to clean up the neck and sides, its no fun going anymore to the barbers, i used to go light a cigarette, sit there for hours with the other regulars, talk about the horse races , up coming fights etc, maybe even bet on some. Now smoking is illegal, the barber is a kid(in my eyes), knows zero about horse racing and prize fighting,

I get it cut once a month...maybe 1/2 inch give or take. I have had to start having my eyebrows trimmed, I get crazy growing white hairs that pop out like weeds...grow like'm too...

I get mine cut in even-numbered months. That keeps me relatively well groomed for Valentine's Day, Easter, Fathers Day, My Birthday in August and the Thanksgiving & Christmas Holidays. My Barber charges $13 and I round it up to $15.

We all know that it takes a few weeks after the actual Sheep-Shearing to judge a good haircut.

I get it cut when the dog has bitten me a couple of times by mistake.

Well, the way I have been getting my hair cut over the last 25 years is about to change. My DW and I are getting ready to take an extended trip so I thought it would be a good idea to get a trim. Well, I walk into the barber during my normal "FIRED" time (10 AM on a Tuesday) and there are about 12 people waiting. I was really confused until the barber told me that the entire week will be crazy because of graduations. That convinced me to try out the Flowbee...and it will be here tomorrow. If it works out OK, then I guess I will be saving some money on trips to the barber!

Back
Top Bottom