Haircut question for men

About every four weeks. Mine grows pretty fast and I swear the barber uses some sort of hair fertilizer on it. Keep it cut about like I did in school and while working. I'm a creature of habit. Military style is too short for me, no buzz cut here.

I would guess my hair gets to about 1.5-2" in length and gets cut ~ every 6 weeks, although it may be a little shorter on the crown of my head.

About every 4 weeks. I get it cut to above the ears and tapered in back. I go to a regular barber shop (real barber pole sign, 3 chairs, I take whoever opens up first), pay $10 haircut plus $3 tip. Witty, wiseacre barbers (guys and gals) providing local news and helpful advice.

After a cut - about an inch on top, tapering to about half inch on the sides and trimmed around the ears. No bald spots yet, but my forehead is a little larger, both just like my 95 yo Dad. :blush:
Every 4 weeks like clockwork, on my cloud calendar with two alerts until I die...

Last edited:
About every 4 weeks. After retiring from the Air Force I tried to let it grow, but couldn't stand it. I like it short enough that I don't need a comb.

It's every 8-9 weeks here, or 6 times a year. I used to keep it a little longer over the ears in the winter, shorter in the summer. But about 10 years ago, I went with the shorter summer length year-round. And about 5 years ago, I began getting it cut at a local barber after my regular one from my home town died and his son (who took over the shop) moved away. This makes it a lot easier to get my hair cut whenever I want because the shop is walking distance from where I live.

Clippers at home, #5 (5/8 inch) all over. Cut when it gets to little over an inch, about 4-5 weeks. No cost except time, since done at home. DW takes off the spacer and does the back of the neck and over ears.

DW has been cutting my hair for the last 10 years or so once every 2-3 months. She is not particularly handy but I put on a baseball cap all the time, so I am not concerned about any imperfections.

My son is very particular with his hair and he cuts his own hair ever since high school (he is a junior in college now) simply because no one out there does a good job according to him. He uses double mirror and cuts it very short. He does a very good job. I can imagine it is like driving backwards looking at the rear view mirror. I can't do that.

About 2 months. My husband still have very thick hair, no bald spot yet. I like it shorter but the barber likes it to be medium so he can see him more often.

Like the military guys I had to conform to a dress code that limited how long the hair could be. Back then it was every two to three weeks when I first started but as I grew older the rate of hair growth has slowed so now it is every 4 - 6 weeks. It just starts to feel sloppy about the time the hair reaches the top of my ears.

I am 5 on top and 3 sides...

But, I let it grow down my ears.... I would say the soonest is 2.5 months and sometimes up to 5 months before getting cut...

DW and DD start to complain so I know I have to get it cut within the next month :LOL: I usually look for a coupon or go to the cheap Japanese shop since there is not a lot of skill in doing the guards.

Numbers, it's all numbers, I do my own #6 on top and # 3 sides and back Ms G always wants to do my neck. I would rather do a #3 all the way but than I would have to hear about it.

DW provides a #2 buzz cut every other week. I offer to return the favor but she prefers to take money we save on me and spend it at the hairdresser.

I'm even more frugal - I've got the Flowbee! :)

Just plug in the vacuum and pop on the attachment!
I've had one of those "forever". I can do it by myself, but DW tidies the edges. Can't even imagine how much money I saved over the years. I bought it after going to a "stylist" in the 80's and, wanting to get my money's worth, asked to have it cut short. When I got home I realized she'd barely cut any length off. At that point, I realized that it's not rocket science, and pulled the task in-house.

I pay $13 for a #1 buzz cut every 3 weeks. Maybe 4 weeks occasionally. I've tried doing it myself but it's worth paying to have it done.

I always wanted long hair during my work years so after I retired (52) I let it grow long (about shoulder length). I kept it that way for about 11 years but I have let it grow for the last 3 years. Now 66, it is now about mid-back. I do "beauty shop" about every 3 weeks. My wife is a retired hairdresser. I wear a pony tail when in public but let it all hang out when I'm inside the house. When outside I still have to wear a ponytail and headband because of the wind.

I plan on cutting my hair when we stop these endless wars!! Like my Physician says, "You'll look like Cher if that is the case".

Retirement is so much fun!!

About every 6 weeks or when it starts touching the tops of my ears.

I didn't know we had "damn hippies" in our midst.

jk ;)

A few guys and I got into a discussion the other day about how often men visit the barber for a haircut.

So, I am asking two questions;

1. What is the longest you let your hair grow? - skinhead, a 1/2 inch, an inch, a few inches, down to the shoulder, ponytail or :confused:?

2. How often do you get it cut to keep it at that length or shorter? (Note: it doesn't matter who cuts your hair only that it is cut)

Me?

1. About 2 inches
2. every other month

Yea, I let myself get rather shaggy at times.
When I was in school, down to my a$$. I remember my brother and another guy telling about someone who had their hair caught in a machine(we were running a sawmill) and being scalped! Being 18 and knowing everything, I paid no attention. Fortunately I escaped unharmed.

I did honor my future MIL's requests and had it cut to shoulder length before our wedding.[emoji4]

After that career I conformed whilst I possessed hair.

Today it's a number one every month.

Probably a lot more ex-hippies that have since joined the short-hair brigade... :LOL:
I resemble that remark. When I see college pics of myself I just shake my head...:D

I went to a college prep, all boys, Catholic high school that had (what I thought) a pretty strict dress/hygiene code. My hair could not be below the bottom of my ear lobes or below the bottom of the collar on my shirt. After high school I joined the Navy and spent 20+ years there before retiring. So........my hair stayed short for those periods of time in my life.

When I retired from the Navy I was hell bent on letting my hair grow and not have to worry about a barber for a while. That didn't last very long. :) I get my hair cut roughly once a month and it stays relatively short.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom