Help with hotels in New York City

xmanz3

Recycles dryer sheets
My DW, brother, his wife and I are going to New York City for Labor Day and we need some help finding a decent and not too expensive hotel ($200 a night or less) room in Manhattan. I would greatly appreciate any help.

My DW, brother, his wife and I are going to New York City for Labor Day and we need some help finding a decent and not too expensive hotel ($200 a night or less) room in Manhattan. I would greatly appreciate any help.
Eastgate Towers at 222 E 39th. It's about six blocks from Penn Station and eight from Grand Central. I walked to both with a roller bag and a back pack, admittedly a bit sweaty but a nice stroll.

It wasn't very pretty or shiny but I rented a room with kitchen facilities and two double beds. My relatives were able to rent a two-bedroom suite that was larger than some apartments with a full kitchen to store, prep, & serve dinner. Good pizza & other meals are right around the corner. The hotel provided cheap wireless broadband Internet access for an additional fee. My cousin had stayed there five or six times with nary a problem during the four years her son was at West Point, and she had a good experience with putting up three little old ladies there. We easily walked everyone to Rockefeller Center and had superb connectivity to the rest of the city.

My rate was $278/night (total after fees & taxes) but you may be able to do better with suites and in-room meal prep.

Midtown New York Hotels - New York City Hotel in Midtown - Eastgate Tower Hotel

NYC is a neat place. Very expensive! A few years back, we stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Manhattan on Broadway. The rooms were fine. I think we paid about $160/night... definitely under $200/night. It is right in the heart of Time Square. We used Travelocity to book it. But I have had better luck using a Hotel Consolidator. Look on Frommer's site for a reliable consolidator.

You might be able to find better deals off of Broadway.

If you don't mind a very short ride on the PATH, try this place: Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson

It is a nice hotel that is right across the water from lower manhattan. Maybe a 10 min train ride to the city, and likely to be a LOT cheaper than NYC hotels.

We like the Roosevelt. Neat, cheap, right in the middle of everything. Having said that, its been a few years since we stayed there.

Thanks guys!

After doing a little research and you guys suggestions, we decided to book our stay in The Roosevelt Hotel. Any recommendations on getting broadway shows, tours, etc at discount prices?

If you don't mind a very short ride on the PATH, try this place: Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson

It is a nice hotel that is right across the water from lower manhattan. Maybe a 10 min train ride to the city, and likely to be a LOT cheaper than NYC hotels.

There are a number over in Jersey that are a PATH ride away.... look for them around Pavonia or Exchange Place stops...

Back
Top Bottom