How to Remove Pet Hair

tmm99

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
OK, I wasn't 100% sure about starting a totally separate thread just to talk about this, and maybe this is common knowledge to a lot of people, but to me, finding this gadget for pet hair removal is revolutionary! I am a pet owner who has spent so much money on sticky pet hair rollers. This gadget works much better than the pet hair rollers. Gotta love YouTube in finding just about anything!!

Or buy a small windshield squeegee at the gas station for a few bucks. Works beautifully and faster than the rubber glove method.

Or buy a small windshield squeegee at the gas station for a few bucks. Works beautifully and faster than the rubber glove method.
Interesting! It makes sense! Gotta try that. :dance:

Interesting. I've been using duct tape (no kidding). :)

DW uses a hair removal brush that works like the gloves but the squeegee idea is worth a try. I could use it for the windows too.

OK, watching that video (and all of that hair), I have to ask, "what kind of pet do they have? A Yeti?"

Biggest thing you can do is keep up with it. We have two dogs. I run a dry mop over the floor every night. Takes just a minute, but hair on the floor will eventually end up elsewhere. A quick vacuum 2x week on the carpets and we keep it under control.

OK, watching that video (and all of that hair), I have to ask, "what kind of pet do they have? A Yeti?"
We have a pet rug draped over the living room sofa for our two Goldens. The hair balls that come off dwarf that video. It has just been cleaned in this shot.

Attachments

• DarcyandViolet.jpg
    DarcyandViolet.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I use a 'magic lint brush.' Amazon has several. Mine are going on 20 years and work great. The lint tape is a joke and works only if you have very little hair to pick up.

I have two big hairy dogs; one has fur that is 7 inches long in places. I use a damp bathroom sponge on dog beds, etc and dry mop the wood floors. Fortunately my eyesight is not what it used to be so I am blissfully unaware, I am sure.
They earn their keep barking at squirrels, delivery men and small children.

I use a 'magic lint brush.' Amazon has several. Mine are going on 20 years and work great. The lint tape is a joke and works only if you have very little hair to pick up.

Have you tried the latex glove method? I also have the magic lint brush, but the latex glove works at least 3 times better than my lint brush.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Have you tried the latex glove method? I also have the magic lint brush, but the latex glove works at least 3 times better than my lint brush.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

No I haven't and watching the video, it's much more trouble than my lint brush. A couple of swipes, then reverse to release the hair. Also, I'm picking up kitty cat hair, so probably a lot less than dog hair.

We have two standard poodles. The male likes to whack the button on the Roomba to make it go. Your dogs shed. My dogs not only don't shed, but they also vacuum.

I don't understand the male fascination with anything motorized.

I misunderstood the title and thought you wanted this result:
sphynx+cat+wallpapers+8.jpg

Nope...a Corgi! :LOL:

It's like owning a herd of cats. :facepalm:

+1

We "adopted" a corgi that had been abandoned, abused, and left out n the cold of a Montana winter. First time we brushed him out we had a hair ball about 3x the size of the dog.

Back
Top Bottom