Hulu anyone? (Or something similar)

Comcast reported subscriber growth for their most recent quarter today. First time in a couple of years.

You can only hope Google Fiber will push other companies to deploy more fiber. AT&T made an announcement the other day, though it may not be serious, about 100 markets where they could roll out their Giga service.

Fiber would certainly make it easier to cut the cord. Or, GF seems to price about the same (for a bundle with TV) as others but just give you a lot more speed.

Plex is free...
At some point, everyone will have some form of Plex. Not much interest here on ER, but I love it... especially the free part, and casting from my PC.
Plex gives me free same day news and many shows from 4 major networks, PBS, History Channel and A&E. I confess, I still have DirecTV, but am thinking future.

Another thought is sharing (legally)... Netflix, or Amazon Prime. I share with one son 300 miles away. Would guess that this sharing would be valid for Hulu, too, but don't know.

Plex is free...
At some point, everyone will have some form of Plex. Not much interest here on ER, but I love it... especially the free part, and casting from my PC.
Plex gives me free same day news and many shows from 4 major networks, PBS, History Channel and A&E. I confess, I still have DirecTV, but am thinking future.

Another thought is sharing (legally)... Netflix, or Amazon Prime. I share with one son 300 miles away. Would guess that this sharing would be valid for Hulu, too, but don't know.

I was successfully using plex for a few things. Now, it stopped working on my Windows 7 computer because they started charging a fee -- the software says I must pay first to use it anymore. I spent a few minutes trying to figure it out and just gave up as I was too busy.

I had it set up to broadcast to a channel on my Roku 3 Box attached to my television

When I get the motivation, I will have to investigate. I don't mind paying something for the software, as long as it is a one time fee.

Back
Top Bottom