More Funny Photos From Your Past

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Acting gay because I'm carrying a purse:

img_925310_0_1aeeac30a5be4255ef966ebc6ac4b9ee.jpg

Cooking burgers in a pitch-dark campsite:

img_925310_1_8a7637981631c57bc6db9cb6d1966d24.jpg

With a balloon siren thing that sounds like a dentist's drill:

img_925310_2_2e1d7d62bc60fca2b9ad12f06c59ddc8.jpg

I don't have any to match Al's collection but here are a couple when I was bearded, and mustachioed. (how about that purple shirt).

Also one with my brother at my parents' house.

Attachments

• Alan in 1974 v2.jpg
    Alan in 1974 v2.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 359
  • Bradford 7.jpg
    Bradford 7.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 2
  • Alan & Leslie.jpg
    Alan & Leslie.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
I don't have any to match Al's collection but here are a couple when I was bearded, and mustachioed. (how about that purple shirt).

Also one with my brother at my parents' house.

I think I've seen that picture at the post office !

Back when we were reading up on raising babies (1992), I learned that for the first week or so they'll imitate almost any facial expression. Seems to be true.

The second photo was taken at the Ko'olina resort lagoons and is one of our favorite family photos. I haven't figured out exactly what to do with it but someday our kid's going to start bringing her dates home to meet the parents, and we'll have this prominently displayed...

Attachments

• tongues.jpg
    tongues.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Ko Olina.jpg
    Ko Olina.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 3
This is circa 1956 -- we had just moved into this house in Dallas. In the family this is affectionately known as "The Nerd Family" photograph. That's me, second from your right.

To compound the horror, my Grandfather took this with his stereo camera -- the original, through a stereoscopic viewer, is even more amazing.

Coach

Attachments

• NerdFamily.jpg
    NerdFamily.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 9
Great photos guys! :D

Since I'm back from my trip and almost recuperated, I'll see if I can find some pics...well, the ones I can post.

Well I found a few....

The first one is DH 'dancing'...I'm the boob with the boob and flailing arms behind him....circa 1983.

Next, a shot of me in Vegas after about 3 hours sleep in 2 days....circa 1989.

The last one is me with a shag...heh....1974.

Attachments

• 74.jpg
    74.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 312
  • party.jpg
    party.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 10
  • vegas.jpg
    vegas.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Since I'm back from my trip and almost recuperated, I'll see if I can find some pics...well, the ones I can post.
Or you could just tell us when Smoking Gun and TMZ will be posting their versions of your trip photos...

The second photo was taken at the Ko'olina resort lagoons and is one of our favorite family photos. I haven't figured out exactly what to do with it but someday our kid's going to start bringing her dates home to meet the parents, and we'll have this prominently displayed...

The photo of me with the tennis racket is the one my Dad used to bring out to embarrass me.

The wedding photo is a family photo where my Dad was "Best Man" and I managed to spoil the group photo by strangling my sister at moment the photo was taken.

Attachments

• 1963 Freddie Gala's Wedding.jpg
    1963 Freddie Gala's Wedding.jpg
    531 KB · Views: 10
  • Alan at Cornelia Terrace.jpg
    Alan at Cornelia Terrace.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 6
After my MiL died and FiL moved to a smaller house, all the adult children took turns having Christmas at their homes. The first year it was at our house. It included a traditional Christmas dinner for 20+ people.

Dinner came off without a hitch, but I caught flack for running the whole thing with too much of my type A personality showing. One of the BiL's caught it all on film, including a pic of the Operational Order and my wife's rebellion. The last picture is a bit blurry, but the Princess is saluting me while simultaneously giving me the raspberry. Another BiL, standing next to her, looks on with amusement.

And yes, Christmas Dinner commenced at exactly 1620 hours, and not a second later. And it was perfect.

Honestly, I'll never understand why they would call me a perfectionist like it was something bad.

Attachments

• PC250030.JPG
    PC250030.JPG
    360.2 KB · Views: 13
  • PC250073.JPG
    PC250073.JPG
    308.8 KB · Views: 31
  • PC250031.JPG
    PC250031.JPG
    424.2 KB · Views: 10
Here I am with my first beau...It was 1960 and I was almost 3 years old. He was the dangerous, swaggerin' type...don't ya know...:D

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 257
I may have been born with my eyebrows already the right size for an adult face. It took me a little while to "grow into" them. :LOL:

Attachments

• BabyPicMe.JPG
    BabyPicMe.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 2
I may have been born with my eyebrows already the right size for an adult face. It took me a little while to "grow into" them. :LOL:

They say when a baby is born their eyes are adult sized, which s why baby's eyes are so big............guess God gave you eyebrows to match............:)

Alan, you have a striking resemblance to Mick Fleetwood - the beard really brings it out. Any relationship? Inquiring minds, blah, blah, blah!:whistle:

Alan, you have a striking resemblance to Mick Fleetwood - the beard really brings it out. Any relationship? Inquiring minds, blah, blah, blah!:whistle:

Incredible coincidence - as I am reading and responding to this post, Fleetwood Mac is playing on the radio :blink:

No, there is no relationship, or any common musical ability. (As a senior in High School I was a sailor in a performance of HMS Pinafore once, but that was the pinnacle of my music career).

Here's one from the past - about two weeks ago...
"No, really, I swear it was the dog!!"

We didn't find photos of my mother's childhood until over 15 years after she'd died, when my daughter was already nearly 10 years old. The girl on the left is my mother at about five years old, and the girl on the right is my daughter at the same age. Our daughter had just had her hair cut to that shorter length for her school photo, and she grew it right back out again.

Apparently I'm just the intergenerational genetic custodian.

Attachments

• My Mom on the left, my kid on the right.jpg
    My Mom on the left, my kid on the right.jpg
    747.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Nords,

What great gene's! The resemblance is awesome. Two very pretty little girls!

img_928166_0_0f350a5d34e5cf9c2b87fc9126f0b636.jpg

img_928166_1_b18add1d3453c15fcbd9221889b772d4.jpg

Me, Lena, Lena's Sister, Lena's dad. Sorry if this is boring -- it's hard for me to tell.

img_928166_2_4aaea9d19911824401c8b41c6e6bef77.jpg

And Jenny just posted this on her facebook page:

26486_616624168092_3108810_35711046_4537834_n.jpg

With a high bypass ratio...
Spouse had a number of amusing yet unprintable comments to that-- you made her day...

I don't know who has more lifetime radiation exposure: you high-altitude jet jockeys flirting with cosmic radiation, or us nuclear watchstanders. Does it seem fair that I'm the one who had to wear the dosimeter?!?

Back
Top Bottom