New CNN Homepage

Yeah, I just fired it up and was shocked. I hate change. But assume I'll get used to it.

Seems like a lot more wasted screen real estate with the big red banner that says "CNN" in the middle with nothing else.

I don't like the top, but I like how they seem to cram in more headlines.

I'm a headline junkie!

Then.... if you click on any of the 12 or so "more" buttons there are even more headlines :LOL:

I think I like it, overall

I thought it looks okay. I was able to navigate around without problems. This seems to be the latest style for entertainment news. Al Jazeera, for instance, has used that style layout for awhile. Topix, also. Even ABC is similar. I don't particularly care for the new USAToday layout -- way too cluttered and sections are organised in a strange way.

What did CNN used to look like? I rarely go there. However, I do get their e-mailed news alerts and, when I logged in, the site recognized me.

One thing that bothers me about a lot of sites is that they have embedded video and audio clips in their web pages that automatically start playing whether I want them to or not. Uh, no -- let us actually click on PLAY before starting it, please...

If you go to the upper left and click on US CNN, you can, after another click, to the same money/business page as before.

The 'business' link on the new page seems to be lots'nlots of videos and some ads.

ta,
mew

Do 23 down arrows, and the layout is good (eight if you want to see the top story pictures). Maybe I'll make a Supermacros macro that goes to CNN.com and does 23 down arrows.

There is one reason that I use CNN.com instead of another news web page: Most stories have a quick summary (called "STORY HIGHLIGHTS"), and often that contains all the information I want.

With the new layout, I have to scroll down to read it.

Attachments

• summary.jpg
    summary.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 0
I never watch CNN, so I am missing NOTHING............:)

I don't like the new cnn webpage format nearly as well. I use cnn.com for my homepage, despite the fact that I don't usually care for the content, simply because it is reliable, fast, and almost never down. Maybe I'll change my homepage. Even before the recent change in format, I found the preponderance of videos to be annoying because I would rather read a story than play a video.

Back
Top Bottom