NFL: 2014 Season

Well, they came back and almost did it in OT. :nonono: I was hoping the ref's would call that Brees OT fumble a forward pass rather than a fumble... That was the game.
Well, lets put it this way, at least you have a real qb and have come a long ways since being called the Aints. Look at it this way you could be a Bears fan.

Anyone looking forward to Bears at Packers Sunday night?:facepalm:

The Packers (and their fans). :D

I suspect a disaster similar to the last Packers game drubbing, or maybe up to the level of the Patriots drubbing.

Does/should the NFL have a mercy rule? [-]35-0 late in the second quarter.[/-] 42-0 at the half.

Love Dan's comment: "And to think the Bear's had two weeks to prepare for the Green Bay Packers" with Coach Dungy sitting next to him with a s__t-eating grin on his face.

Last edited:
Oh man did they score again! Ouch! We need Dandy Don singing 'Turn out the lights, the party's over...'

So Aaron Rodgers ties the record for most TD passes in a half. Six, shared with Daryle 'The Mad Bomber' (those were different times!) Lamonica who set it in 1969 with the Raiders. Can he throw one more to tie the record of 7 for a game or maybe break it?!
Da poor Bears! Or may the Pooh Bears!

Bears had a bye week to prepare for this slaughter. Trestman is out after one season.

This is his second. It's just so painful it seems like one long nightmare.. Maybe Cutler can go with him, although there are way more problems than him. Thank God I bet the Lions season 8 over also, to get my money back on this stinker of a bet. And to think this summer I thought Bears winning 8 was a lock!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is his second. It's just so painful it seems like one long nightmare.. Maybe Cutler can go with him, although there are way more problems than him. Thank God I bet the Lions season 8 over also, to get my money back on this stinker of a bet. And to think this summer I thought Bears winning 8 was a lock!

Cutler's not going anywhere. He's half way through the first season of a seven year $126 million contract. The first $54 million is guaranteed over the first 3 years. There's no way they will cut him before the end of the 3rd season. I was in complete shock when I heard about that contract. He has to be very close to the top of the list of most overpaid athletes in any sport.

I just got offered free box seats for Lambeau Field(Packers) for the Nov 16th game. Anyone ever been in a luxury box before?

Been to Lambeau several times, couple of times in a luxury box. A great experience, although my feeling is that sitting in the stadium seating tends to offer much more of the heart and soul of the game. Lambeau Box seats will not leave you disappointed though; quick in and out via the elevators, food and drink depends on the hosting party but usually generous, sheltered from the elements, good view of the playing field, no long restroom lines like for regular stadium goers, multiple TV screens to watch replays - kind of like sitting in someone else's living room with a dozen or so others enjoying the game.

Go Pack!

Worst 3 contracts in the NFL (no particular order)

Jay Cutler
Joe Flacco
Andy Dalton

Bears fan. Launch the whole front office. Draft a QB and sit Jay. Unfortunately, can't fire the owners. Whatever, am on to Bulls and Blackhawks and Cubs in the spring.

Y'all enjoy the thread and the rest of your seasons.

Bears fan. Launch the whole front office. Draft a QB and sit Jay. Unfortunately, can't fire the owners. Whatever, am on to Bulls and Blackhawks and Cubs in the spring.

Well said. It's obviously gotten to the point where they've thrown in the towel and they're just collecting their paychecks. I'm embarrassed to go out in public with a Bears cap on. But your'e right - Bulls and Hawks are on until June so we'll be ok. I'll take a pass on the Cubs though.

Remembering the good old days when it was just Good Rex, Bad Rex.

Now it's just Bad Jay, and well... Bad Jay :facepalm:

Cutler's biggest problem is his attitude and lack of leadership skills, The QB position is one that requires leadership skills. Look at Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rogers. Their teams excel in part due to their leadership.

Remembering the good old days when it was just Good Rex, Bad Rex.

Now it's just Bad Jay, and well... Bad Jay :facepalm:

I continued to believe there was more upside to him, but it appears I'm wrong.... Guaranteed big contract? Check.... Hot wife? Check...Everything else? Whatever....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A part of me wanted a shutout and a score like 60-0. Hoping, that would've brought out the firing squad.

But now, the spin probably will be like "Look at the bright side, we got a kickoff return for a TD" :LOL:

Last edited:
The NFL has become an arena football league with the new rules they're enforcing with the illegal contact. With so many flags against defenders for barely touching an offensive players we're having 5 TD passes by Manning, 6 TD passes by Rogers in the first half game and scores in the 40's and 50's.

I am for player safety but these contacts hardly affect the safety of the players.

I guess offense brings money........I miss the low scoring tough defensive games of the past.

Last edited:
The NFL has become an arena football league with the new rules they're enforcing with the illegal contact. With so many flags against defenders for barely touching an offensive players we're having 5 TD passes by Manning, 6 TD passes by Rogers in the first half game and scores in the 40's and 50's.

I am for player safety but these contacts hardly affect the safety of the players.

I guess offense brings money........I miss the low scoring tough defensive games of the past.

I understand you POV but I disagree. I feel that if a rule is being broken then there needs to be a penalty. The refs(league) have been too lax on enforcing the rules for too long. I think there are more things that could be called. One in particular that i've always hated is when a player jumps on a downed player for no reason. Or when someone scores a touchdown and then is leveled by a defender well after the play is over. It happens all the time and is rarely flagged for unnecessary roughness.

I miss the days when defenses weren't afraid to tackle.

They have barely "tackled" for years. Well, yes, the defensive line and many linebackers did, but the DBs don't often tackle, they launch themselves like missiles (head or shoulders first) and try to knock down the runner like a bowling pin.

I understand you POV but I disagree. I feel that if a rule is being broken then there needs to be a penalty. The refs(league) have been too lax on enforcing the rules for too long. I think there are more things that could be called. One in particular that i've always hated is when a player jumps on a downed player for no reason. Or when someone scores a touchdown and then is leveled by a defender well after the play is over. It happens all the time and is rarely flagged for unnecessary roughness.

My point is that the illegal contact rule needs to change and not the enforcement.

These are sad days for Bears fans, past great Bears players, George Halas......the list goes on. This proud blue collar town where the Monsters of the Midway used to play. Where the 1963 Champion Bears beat the Giants to the 1986 Bears that demolished the Boston Patriots were predicated on defense and bring your A game guts and blood type player......These sissies flat out quit after they got down early and the Packers were on the sideline laughing....If someone pops you in the mouth and you taste blood, what is your response......I can go on but I don't want to get kicked off by the Mods....BEAR FANS WHAT DO YOU THINK!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom