Is Casey Anthony Guilty?

• Reasonable Doubt

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Guilty

Votes: 79 82.3%

• Total voters
Despite what the law says, I couldn't send someone to prison for the rest of their life(let alone the death penalty) if I had ANY doubt at all. I would rather let every murderer roam the streets than send even 1 innocent person to prison for life. YMMV

Despite what the law says, I couldn't send someone to prison for the rest of their life(let alone the death penalty) if I had ANY doubt at all. I would rather let every murderer roam the streets than send even 1 innocent person to prison for life. YMMV

I'm with you, luckly there's no doubt in this case.

I'm with you, luckly there's no doubt in this case.

I was just making a general statement. I haven't followed this case closely enough to say there is or isn't doubt. It seems as though everything is circumstantial. No solid, undeniable proof.

I was just making a general statement. I haven't followed this case closely enough to say there is or isn't doubt. It seems as though everything is circumstantial. No solid, undeniable proof.

That's what bothers me about the case, too.

I do feel pretty sure that she will be convicted on all counts.

aaronc879 said:

I agree it is mostly circumstantial, but pretty convincing though from what I saw. I am fine with life or death penalty. They now say from what I've read it's cheaper to just keep them in jail for life, than deal with the constant cost of appeals and lawyer fees for death row prisoners.

That's what bothers me about the case, too.

I do feel pretty sure that she will be convicted on all counts.

What bothers me about the case is the baby lying in the swamp.

I guess you need a picture of Casey putting the duct tape over her daughters nose and mouth. If you watched the trial there would be no doubt.

I served on a jury before. Wasn't a murder trial but a malpractice case. There were light moments (and an embarassing moment for me). But overall, it was sad. We as a juror voted what we felt was right, but when done..my feeling was..okay..hopefully justice is served, now I we wish to get the h*ll out of here...One side wins, the other side feels devastated...no fun.

Jokingly, as the saying goes... a juror is selected to decided who has the better lawyer :blush:

My gut feeling says guilty. Yet, on circumstantial evidence only. I read where in the Scott Peterson case, had the bodies not washed ashore, it may have been dificult to convict as without that hard evidence, the case was nothing but circumstantial.

It seems copying in Judge Perry's published written instructions is against the TOS. Sorry about that....

First Degree Murder or Felony Murder.

IMO: Ashton and Dane-Burdick consistently had excellent preparation and presentation, whether it be on direct or cross. Baez came across as not being prepared and not adequately prepping his defense witnesses - some of whom helped the prosecution more than the defense. Mason came in at such odd times it did not help offset Baez's style. That being said, both prosecution and defense had excellent closing arguments and Dane-Burdick had an outstanding rebuttal.

I agree with easysurfer - the best lawyer wins.

Actually I had no idea. I'm Canadian and I guess the news here doesn't include all US trials. I did google and find out what you're talking abot. I have no opinion.

I'm a US citizen, and I had no idea either until today. I don't do network news, and I guess this story didn't make it into the blogs and websites I read. DD and some friends were visiting for the 4th and were talking about it. Before that I'd never heard of her. Can't vote, no opinion, wouldn't hang someone from a quick Google search. Hopefully justice will be done.

I think I do not care.

We surely needed a "I don't give a crap" choice in the poll so that those of us who change the channel whenever this item is on TV could answer it. Same for those who live outside of the US who are lucky enough to not be swamped with this endless coverage (i.e. media circus).

You missed a category.

4) WTF is Casey Anthony and what is he accued of?

Ditto.

I'm not googling it neither! It's too nice being out of loop so that I don't hear about this stuff. Don't want to know.

Audrey

I also find the coverage shocking/overwhelming. Changed the channel whenever it came on and was surprised to see live coverage yesterday when I thought there was a guilty verdict a week or two ago.

Actually I had no idea. I'm Canadian and I guess the news here doesn't include all US trials. I did google and find out what you're talking abot. I have no opinion.

Yes. I was guilty of assuming you were American. The cable news "FoxNews" has created a circus surrounding this sad situation. My apologies.

I live in Orlando about 30 minutes from the courthouse where this case has been held. I haven't been following the case although a couple of friends have. They say that they don't believe there is enough evidence to convict her of killing her daughter, but there may be a conviction of a lesser charge.

This little girls' disappearance was big news around Orlando before her remains were located, and the entire family was perceived to be suspect. But one thing we know for sure.......we'll never really know what happened.

Did everyone here voting (or opining) sit through the trial, see the evidence and attend the attorney arguments from each side?

I guess you need a picture of Casey putting the duct tape over her daughters nose and mouth. If you watched the trial there would be no doubt.
Three pieces of duct tape were used on the toddler to make sure the mouth and nose were completely covered.

I watched most of the trial and all of the closing arguments.

Did everyone here voting (or opining) sit through the trial, see the evidence and attend the attorney arguments from each side?

I watched the trial and can tell you that I'm amazed that 12% of the people voting on this poll think there's reasonable doubt or she's not guilty. I can only think they didn't watch the trial. Since there are 12 jurors and the defense only needs one person to think this way I'm concerned Casey could walk on killing her daughter.

I'm concerned Casey could walk on killing her daughter.
Walk? I personally don't think so.

There are too many variations of charges/outcomes. While she may not get to reside on death row (and never face the needle), I believe she will not see the "light of day" for many years - or the rest of her life.

Just my opinion (which accounts for little)...

Walk? I personally don't think so.

There are too many variations of charges/outcomes. While she may not get to reside on death row (and never face the needle), I believe she will not see the "light of day" for many years - or the rest of her life.

Just my opinion (which accounts for little)...

No doubt that's what she deserves or worse. But looking at this poll it amazes me 12% think there's reasonable doubt or she's not guilty.

obgyn65 said:
I don't know enough about his case to be able to make any judgement.

That's not how we do things on this forum.

Is anyone else sick of seeing the coverage of this trial on TV. I can't turn the channel fast enough when they start talking about it.

Back
Top Bottom