Poll:Do You Wear an Apron?

Do you wear an apron when cooking or in the workshop?

• I am female, and I usually or always wear an apron.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I am female, and I rarely or never wear an apron.

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • I am male, and I usually or always wear an apron.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I am male, and I rarely or never wear an apron.

Votes: 26 44.8%

• Total voters

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
For me, wearing an apron is a frugality thing. It's cheaper to spill on an apron than on pants or shirt, which could be ruined with a bad stain. So I almost always wear one when cooking, working in the workshop, or even when cleaning up.

I usually just wear what I'm wearing. They're already older. Wouldn't want to ruin an apron - those things are expensive! Besides, all that flat cloth makes them of higher terminal utility as rags than pants or shirts.

And I only wish I was a maile.

http://www.aloha-hawaii.com/hawaii/maile/

"The maile is a long lasting lei..."

Not fair changing the poll after I get my one decent joke of the week in Al!

Always! An apron, slingback pumps and nice sequined miniskirt. Oh, and boxers to prevent any gender confusion.

Ha

Do you wear an apron?

Yes, but only when I'm nude and fryin' bacon...

For a guy--I dunno. As if wearing the apron weren't girlie enough, you also then have to sit to pee. Heck, might as well wear a tu-tu at that point . . .

I have some ratty clothes that I saved to wear when I do messy cooking, cleaning, or home repairs. I own a few aprons, but they are way too pretty to wear to do anything messy so I save them for when I have friends or family around then I would wear these really attractive aprons to make whatever I am cooking seems more "labor intensive" and hopefully more impressive. Hahaha, I need these tricks since I am no Julia Child. I am trying to look as if I "sweated over the hot stove for hours!"

I wear an apron on holidays or whenever I'm entertaining because I'm usually dressed in nicer clothes and the frilly apron impresses the guests . It makes them think you are really making an effort even if the food was catered .

Only when I arc weld. :D

I rarely wear an apron simply because I don't cook messy food very often. If I expect splatters, or flour going everywhere, then yes I wear an apron.

Audrey

Oh, wow, I never thought there was anything girlie about wearing an apron! It's not like you have to wear something lacy or ruffled or with flower prints. Lots of manly aprons out there!

Audrey

Sorry, Al, since we've become empty nesters we hardly cook anymore. It's eliminated a lot of cleaning of old clothes, dishwashing, cleaning up after ourselves, and other annoying responsible adult behavior.

On the same theme as Calmloki's Hawaiian sense of humor, I did manage to get a picture of this surfer wearing an apron at the beach.

Do you wear an apron?
Is that what the kids are calling it these days? You never know what strange requests someone is going to have...

Attachments

• IMGP1156.JPG
    IMGP1156.JPG
    371.2 KB · Views: 1
Hmmm, I don't think I even own an apron. I have some old clothes I wear around the house when doing messy things though.

I don't cook and don't have a workshop so i've never worn an apron.

I wear an apron very rarely, but I do have a few when needed. What I need is a BIB for eating. I eat quite a bit of basalmic vinegar and it flips around all over the place when I eat salads. I don't know how many tops I've splattered on before I finally decided to tie a dish towel around my neck.:D I now have a designated dish towel used as a bib.

I scratch cook for the most part so an apron is a must. I agree with T-Al. Better to muck an apron up than your clothes.

I don't wear an apron but when I repair stuff I put on a tool belt that has added on pockets that holds items like a drill, measuring belt, screw driver, drill bits, etc. Does that count?

Come on Al , come clean with us you & Lena were playing dress up . You were the chef and she was the wealthy baroness customer and I accidentally caught you . Sorry to have unveiled your little secret ! I think role playing is fun !

I never wear an apron because I never cook. DH made an apron and wears it often. A friend saw it and was jealous. DH had made two identical aprons and gave one to his friend. The friend wears his with nothing else. His wife loves it.

I wear an apron when cooking certain dishes for the same reason I wear boots and a thick jacket when brewing: if you get splashed with something hot and potentially nasty it hits cloth instead of your skin. And you have a chance to wriggle out of your sacrificial clothing before it sinks in and gets your skin.

For me, wearing an apron is a frugality thing. It's cheaper to spill on an apron than on pants or shirt, which could be ruined with a bad stain. So I almost always wear one when cooking, working in the workshop, or even when cleaning up.

Borrowing someone else's line: "This thread is meaningless w/o pictures."

Also, am I the only who notices that only 2 out 18 females wear apron as opposed 4 out of 19 males? There must be some sort of conclusion that can be drawn from this.

I have several lovely fancy aprons that belonged to my grandmother that I'd love to figure out how to display in my kitchen one day. I have several utilitarian-type aprons that I will wear when frying or doing major cooking, but I also wear ratty clothes around the house anyway.
I should wear an apron for working on projects, though, as I rarely wear my utility belt that got so much wear when we were building the house and the fencing.

Always! An apron, slingback pumps and nice sequined miniskirt. Oh, and boxers to prevent any gender confusion.

Ha
:whistle:

Do you wear an apron?

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I really MUST log on here more often. :blink:

My answer...as a female...it all depends on who's coming to dinner and how much I like them. :cool:

I have a bright yellow one that was given as a wedding present in 1984. Add a pair of black string binkini bottoms and...what do you get? ;)

Back
Top Bottom