Poll: How many cocktails do you have per week?

How many Cocktails do you drink per week?

• Less than 1

Votes: 118 41.1%
  • More than 1 but less than 3

Votes: 38 13.2%
  • More than 3 but less than 14

Votes: 85 29.6%
  • More than 14

Votes: 46 16.0%

• Total voters
Yes, about two a week these days.

I’m not buying the correlation between light drinking and life expectancy. There is no healthy drinking but you can definitely drink too much. If you are going to drink then drink with moderation.

Reactions: W2R
Hate cocktails. More of a warm, cheap beer fan. :LOL:

I’m not buying the correlation between light drinking and life expectancy. There is no healthy drinking but you can definitely drink too much.
+1

Haven't had a cocktail for over half a century. I don't like them. (Blech!!!) :sick: My guess is that very few people who have ever lived with an abusive alcoholic do.

I'm assuming for the purposes of the poll, you mean drinks, vs. actually putting together an old fashioned, or a cosmo, etc. Wine, Beer, Martini, whatever.

Otherwise, cocktails? Too much work and bother.

3 to 5 glasses of wine a week with meals. That’s a lot less than 14!

No cocktails.

Only medicinally, like now, my knee must be alcohol deficient, it hurts, I'm restocking it! Also have the heating pad on it.
I had a steroid shot in it on Monday, if felt great on Tuesday, by Friday night, I have a problem again.

I couldn't answer the poll because I have 3.

Zero......I had my fill and then one day (15 years ago), woke up one morning, and said "I'm Done"!:D

My wife and I used to have a glass or two of wine with dinner every night. Did that for a number of years. Now it's just a cocktail a few times per month (Old Fashioned for me, Cosmopolitan for my wife).

We split a bottle of wine with dinner almost every night. No cocktails.

Beer for me 95% of the time, occasionally red wine, never have mixed drink except a margarita. Back to the question, about 10 total per week. Many nights none, others 1-3 beers.

Zero for me. I was a non drinker until I was 50. Then at 66 returned to that status.

When we are at home, we have a bottle of wine with dinner most nights. If we have an early dinner and stay up late, we may have a cocktail as well. On nights that we fix something that we don't think pairs well with wine, we'll each have a couple of cocktails. So, on average, when at home, more than 3 and less than 14.

For the 6 months or so that we travel, really no way to answer. It all depends upon what country we are in and what we are doing....

Every now and then. Almost always beer. Rarely anything at home, but if I go out for a burger or some BBQ, I'm very likely to have a beer, maybe two. A couple times a year, I tailgate with some friends. That's the only time I drink more than a couple beers. In general, I probably average 1 or 2 beers a month excluding tailgating.

Zero. My wife does not drink so I rarely drink alcohol. When we go out for dinner I sometimes order a glass of red wine or beer.

While large studies designed to better answer questions about the health benefits and risks are being planned, the results may be a decade away. “My hope is that if you can make it through the next 10 years safely,” Mukamal says, “then we’ll actually have good evidence that both policymakers and physicians can use.”
The article is dated August 2017. I'd guess there have been some updates to this in the last 5 years.

Zero. My chemo therapy and alcohol do not mix in any quantity. I have however discovered that non alcohol IPA beer is not half bad. Non alcohol wine on the other hand is undrinkable (at least the ones I have tried).

Zero. My chemo therapy and alcohol do not mix in any quantity. I have however discovered that non alcohol IPA beer is not half bad. Non alcohol wine on the other hand is undrinkable (at least the ones I have tried).

Isn't that just Welch's Grape Juice? I love that stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom