Poll: Pick a number between 1 and 10

Pick a number between 1 and 10

• 1. Invalid poll. 1 isn't BETWEEN 1 and 10.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • 2. Is this a pre-tax or post-tax number?

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Three. No fair, this option doesn't apply to people outside the US who may not speak or write Engli

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • 4. Exactly 4, and I'm also going to post my answer to make sure people know I picked 4.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • 6. Hey, I wanted to answer 5, why isn't that an option?

• b. I'm unable to follow directions.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • 7. 7, but once I'm retired it's going to be 2.

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • 8. What if I'm exactly halfway between 7 & 8? I just don't know how to answer. Please advise.

• 9. Is the value of my house included in this number? What about my pension?

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • I like pie. None of these numbers apply to me but I wanted to answer anyway.

Votes: 33 40.2%

• Total voters
4. I picked 4.

e would be as good pi, but you did not have it. You had the taste pie, not the number pi. e^(i*pi) would be good to... but it is in a different number space.

The obvious answer is pie.

The poll has only 10 choices. Finer granularity would have been achieved with 15 or more choices.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 301
c for me...well duh.

Last edited:
In keeping with the spirit of no one seems to be able to create a poll on this forum that satisfies everyone, I'll comment that, the selections (numbers) are really "integers" since none of the "numbers" have fractional parts. (however selection 8 was pretty close)

I'll have a slice of pecan please with just a little vanilla ice cream on top - :)

"Three. No fair, this option doesn't apply to people outside the US who may not speak or write English as their first language."

Ya know, you don't have to go far in the world to find lots of furriners who don't think what ya'll speak is English anyhew......

:hide:
:LOL:

I'll have a slice of pecan please with just a little vanilla ice cream on top - :)

Cherry pie is good, pecan pie with just a little vanilla ice cream is good... but if we get mince pie :sick: then let's protest! :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
e would be as good pi, but you did not have it. You had the taste pie, not the number pi. e^(i*pi) would be good to... but it is in a different number space.

<pedantic>
e^(i*pi) is in fact -1, so it is in the same number space (the real numbers), but isn't between 1 and 10 per the poll.
</pedantic>

In keeping with the spirit of no one seems to be able to create a poll on this forum that satisfies everyone, I'll comment that, the selections (numbers) are really "integers" since none of the "numbers" have fractional parts. (however selection 8 was pretty close)

Not just poking fun at poll creators, but also poll answerers. I've been guilty myself of taking offense at poll questions and answer options.

Generally speaking, I've learned to take most polls as entertainment value. I'll answer if I feel like it, or just skip it. Sometimes it spurs interesting discussion so I do follow some and comment. I find for the most part how others answer polls have no effect on what I do, though if I am an outlier I may think about whether I should be doing something differently. But really, what do I care how much other people spend or what % of their net worth is something? There are so many variables that come into play that I don't know what poll makers are expecting to get out of their polls.

OK. So,

"So bye-bye, Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry"

Generally speaking, I've learned to take most polls as entertainment value. I'll answer if I feel like it, or just skip it. Sometimes it spurs interesting discussion so I do follow some and comment. I find for the most part how others answer polls have no effect on what I do, though if I am an outlier I may think about whether I should be doing something differently.
Me too.... Finally, we agree. :)

Last edited:
My standard answer to anything I'm pretty sure the questioner doesn't really want to know my opinion is one of your choices; I like pie. My family knows what I mean when I say that and knows to drop the subject or get an earful of PIE.

Pie is fine, but I don't see why you didn't include cornbread, the other obvious answer.

Back
Top Bottom