RCN Chicago, signing out

OldAgePensioner

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My shtick is stale, my self unwell…

But, I leave the board with “Thanks”
If I make it to the next stop, my name be Rocko,
Save that for me or else at least JG.

A stale shtick is still a shtick...and for that matter a sigh is still a sigh, but anyway, best too you. At least honk when you drive through Iowa on 80. If you can stop, do so and I'll pour you something inappropriate. ;) PM me and I'll tell you more.

setab

Good luck, OAP.

I take it this means you are headed for SF?

OAP: check in from time to time. Have a safe journey!!! :)

Have a good trip, even if you take the long route via freighter. :)

You have to come back, Rocko. I said so.

Talk to you real soon when you settle in SF.

OAP - Best wishes. Have fun, be safe, but most of all - enjoy.

SC

Dear OAP:

I've always enjoyed reading your posts. Your real-life stories, direct comments, original viewpoints, and occasional irreverance have made this forum a very entertaining and enlightening place to visit. It's been a pleasure.

The other day, I thought about you when I was watching the movie, "The World of Suzy Wong", because there were quite a few Asian beauties featured in the film. This movie was made in 1960 and probably would not be considered "politically correct" in this day and age due to the depicted stereotypes. However, the film does offer a first-rate "visual tour" of colorful Hong Kong at that time. (I purchased the video for my collection a number of years ago because I have always liked William Holden, the actor who plays "Suzy Wong's" love interest. )

Enjoy your upcoming trip to the next chapter in your life. Hopefully, we can all look forward to postings from "OAP" or "Rocko" in the near future to let us know how he is doing. Take Care!

Sincerely,

Toejam

You and your shtick have a good journey.

May chicken fajitas, shrimp poboys, and boiled crabs follow you wherever you may roam. And adult beverages, of course. Good luck!

Have fun OAP, and let this be "over" but not "out".

Ha

Back
Top Bottom