Recent Photo

I'm just back from Norway. It's a beautiful place, but the weather did not cooperate a lot of the time. As I process the photos I'll put some up. This was from a boat tour along the Osterfjord out of Bergen.

Attachments

• NIK_0485.jpg
    NIK_0485.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 66
More memories of recent trip:

Attachments

• IMG_3523.JPG
    IMG_3523.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3527.JPG
    IMG_3527.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3526.jpg
    IMG_3526.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 64
I know that this thread is supposed to be about photos of forum posters. However, people have posted photos of their grandchildren, and lacking one, I have to post one of my only grandniece. She is the first, and probably the only one of her generation in my family for a long time, because my own children and other nieces/nephews are not likely to want children.

My wife recently volunteered to provide daycare for my grandniece for a couple of days, when the grandparents had to be out-of-town. She's our Gerber baby.

Although, instinctively, I "rage against the dying of the light", practicality demands that I at least attempt to use a cane to try and offset the encroachments of arthritis/sciatica/hip problems.......therefore Malaga has been subjected to a decidedly unfunny Charlie Chaplin impersonator:

11hruhz.jpg

The Memsahib, although still jetlagged, hits the plaza de la Constitución, Malaga:

15qyyv8.jpg

The alley where we live, Malaga:
348t3s4.jpg

I know that this thread is supposed to be about photos of forum posters. However, people have posted photos of their grandchildren, and lacking one, I have to post one of my only grandniece. She is the first, and probably the only one of her generation in my family for a long time, because my own children and other nieces/nephews are not likely to want children.

My wife recently volunteered to provide daycare for my grandniece for a couple of days, when the grandparents had to be out-of-town. She's our Gerber baby.

She is so cute !

She's adorable!

She is so cute !

Thank you. This baby is the "center of the universe" in my extended family.

We love her, and she is also fond of us. We see her often, and when her grandparents who provide day care say "Let's go see granduncle and grandaunt", she drops what she's doing and gets ready for the car seat. She's 8-month old now.

Thank you. This baby is the "center of the universe" in my extended family.

We love her, and she is also fond of us. We see her often, and when her grandparents who provide day care say "Let's go see granduncle and grandaunt", she drops what she's doing and gets ready for the car seat. She's 8-month old now.

She is very cute!

There is nothing like the first granddaughter. We had one daughter who was that person. We named here after her grandmothers (who were ecstatic over that). Her name was Angela Rose (last name followed).

Although, instinctively, I "rage against the dying of the light", practicality demands that I at least attempt to use a cane to try and offset the encroachments of arthritis/sciatica/hip problems.......therefore Malaga has been subjected to a decidedly unfunny Charlie Chaplin impersonator:

11hruhz.jpg

The Memsahib, although still jetlagged, hits the plaza de la Constitución, Malaga:

15qyyv8.jpg

The alley where we live, Malaga:
348t3s4.jpg

Interesting pictures . We will be in Malga next April .

We spent two weeks in Spain in 2007. Don't know when we will make a return trip, but I would love to. It was a very nice trip that we made entirely with trains and buses.

It is surprising to find out that Spain is the 3rd most visited country. France is #1, followed by the US as #2. Italy is #5. Germany is #7, and the UK is #8.

Not a good impersonation but it sure is a convincing impersonation of a person who NEEDS a cane! Enjoy the trip. We were there as part of a 3 week Spanish motor vacation in 2005. Flew back from there.

It's been a couple years since we were last in Malaga, and fifty-three years since I was first here; Franco was in power, and the Guardia Civil with their odd hats were ubiquitous.

Big changes since that first trip.

It's been a couple years since we were last in Malaga, and fifty-three years since I was first here; Franco was in power, and the Guardia Civil with their odd hats were ubiquitous.

Big changes since that first trip.

In that 2007 trip, we were accompanied by a German friend. She spoke some Castilian, the common Spanish as we know. She was upset when in Barcelona and she could not understand the Catalan that was spoken there. Catalan was suppressed when Franco was in power.

Franco had a really tight grip on Spain, and people did not have the freedom that they enjoy now. Franco was a mean guy, despite his stature of 5'4".

Franco had a really tight grip on Spain, and people did not have the freedom that they enjoy now. Franco was a mean guy, despite his stature of 5'4".

A story I heard, from a bartender in Torremolinos in 1969, (about an earlier time), and I have no way of verification, (although I know the Guardia Civil from that era were not to be messed with)........apparently there was a bar fight and two Guardia (they always traveled in pairs), showed up....they ordered the bar cleared, but one guy (initially) refused to leave.......one of the Guardia, I was told, put his pistol to the guy's head, and with his other hand pulled out of his pocket, and activated, a stopwatch...all without saying a word.

The bar patron, according to the tale, departed forthwith.

one of the Guardia, I was told, put his pistol to the guy's head, and with his other hand pulled out of his pocket, and activated, a stopwatch...all without saying a word.

I have no trouble believing that. I saw a similar incident in Buenos Aires in 1976, shortly after the military coup.

I have no trouble believing that. I saw a similar incident in Buenos Aires in 1976, shortly after the military coup.

And the Guardia, at that time, had a vested interest in a cowed populace.

We're on vacation, we have cameras, we inflict our pics on friends & relatives....so why should you guys be exempt?

SzQJF8.jpg

Antequera.....time to take the cane for a test [-]run[/-] walk......"Open this baby up, and see what she can do."

71Nhkc.jpg

The Memsahib hard at work in our little Malaga studio.

Oi0JAO.jpg

Off to the Mercado - Malaga.
iTFtz5.jpg

The crowds at the cathedral loved my ZZ Top impersonation, and rewarded me with coins......"Ouch, that HURT".

4cKNiQ.jpg

I've often wondered which came first, the cathedral or the beggars......and have a mental image of a bunch of Cardinals saying "Look, beggars.....this'd be a GREAT place to build a cathedral!"

No problem. I myself like to see people's travel photos.

Hey, look. Nemo is now neutral and no longer right-leaning.

At megacorp, I heard a story about a guy claiming long-term disability for some kind of injury, and the insurance was suspicious and sent a detective to take photos of him playing tennis.

You have no reason to pretend any physical impediment, do you?

Back
Top Bottom